If the condom burst
Condom is considered one of the most reliable means of contraception. It protects against unwanted pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases. But what if a condom broke in a fit of passion? Is it worth it to panic or everything is not as scary as it may seem?
Often condoms break because of poor quality. The easiest way to avoid this trouble is to buy products from trusted manufacturers.
Why condoms are torn?
Break a condom can not only the fault of the manufacturer, who uses low-quality materials. This can happen for many reasons.
Causes of condom rupture:
- expired shelf life
- violation of the rules of opening the package (for example, it was opened by the teeth and the product was accidentally touched),
- from the fat that is part of the creams or oils, which are often used instead of lubricants,
- if two are worn for greater reliability, they may tear due to friction against each other,
- improper use of a condom.
The contraceptive remains in the vagina.
If the condom broke and stayed in the vagina - what to do then? Such situations are not uncommon. The main thing is not to panic, because panic is a bad helper in any situation.
It is necessary to take all necessary measures to remove the condom from the vagina. The only thing you need to remember: you can not try to get a contraceptive with the help of various items, such as tweezers, scissors, tweezers and other things. These items may make it harder to further remove or even hurt a woman.
Actions when a torn condom is left inside:
- Squat, tension the pelvic muscles as much as possible and remove the condom with your thumb and index finger.
- Lie on your back, press your legs to your chest, strain hard and ask your partner to remove the contraceptive.
If these two methods have not brought results, you need to contact a gynecologist. He quickly and safely remove the foreign body from the body.
In fact, there is nothing wrong with a condom stuck inside the vagina. To fear that it will fall into the uterus is not worth it, this will not happen. But to leave him there for a long time is also impossible. Read more about what to do if the condom is left inside →
What are the risks of pregnancy?
If the condom broke during sex before the onset of ejaculation, then you should not panic. If the trouble in the form of a torn condom was found after the end of sexual intercourse, the risk of conception is high.
If the condom broke, but the guy didn’t cum or the ejaculation was out of control, the risk of getting pregnant also remains, albeit not so big. The fact is that during sex, a small amount of sperm is always excreted, therefore, after unprotected intercourse, it is necessary to take pills that prevent conception.
The risk of becoming pregnant also depends on the day when sexual intercourse was performed. The safest days are considered 5 days before the onset of menstruation and 5 days after it. However, do not rely on safe days and do not use a condom at all. These days do not exclude the risk of becoming pregnant.
How to avoid the onset of unwanted pregnancy:
- flush the walls of the vagina (this is called douching) is ineffective but can help
- take special pills - emergency contraception.
Despite what measures to prevent pregnancy have been taken, it is worth visiting a doctor who will assess the situation and give the correct recommendations.
How to avoid STDs?
Much worse is the situation with a torn condom, if the partner is unfamiliar and there is no confidence in his health.
What problems may arise after unprotected sex with an unfamiliar partner:
- genital herpes,
- HIV infection,
- and etc.
What to do if the condom broke in this case?
The first thing to do right away is to go to the toilet. Urine wash away some of the bacteria. You should also wash the genitals with soap and water. Women need douching to avoid HIV and other diseases. If there are no special chemical solutions at hand, then it can be washed with boiled water.
An excellent antiseptic for both women and men is a proven tool for decades - Miramistin. This remedy is better than any pills.
All methods that prevent sexually transmitted infections should be applied immediately after intercourse. They are effective only in the first couple of hours after sex. Then they will be useless.
If all existing measures to prevent infection are taken at the right time, you should still visit a venereologist (the gynecologist will not help in this case). The doctor will prescribe the necessary tests (including markers for HIV) to ensure that the consequences have been avoided.
How to prevent condom breakage?
As practice and numerous polls show, condoms break often. About every tenth pair. Why it happens?
What to do to avoid this trouble, which leads not only to pregnancy, but also to more serious consequences, such as HIV and other infections?
- To avoid rupture, it is necessary to use water-based or latex-based lubricants. The probability of condom breaking is directly dependent on the amount of lubricant. The more of it, the less chance of getting into an unpleasant situation. Numerous studies have proven: in order to reduce the risks of latex rupture during sex, you need to lubricate both the condom itself and introduce it into the vagina.
- The size of the condom. To reduce the risk of rupture, you can choose the right size. In addition to the fact that a smaller product can break, it also helps reduce erections. First you should try using a standard size. If you feel discomfort, it means you need to purchase another product, larger or smaller.
- If sexual intercourse lasts a long time, in order to avoid a condom break, you should change it after half an hour of use.
- Condoms should not be stretched. In order to avoid trouble, it is necessary to roll the condom on the penis, and not to stretch it. Any tension greatly increases the risk of rupture.
- You can not use two condoms at once. Since two condoms are much more likely to break than one. They may tear due to friction against each other.
- Proper storage. Humidity, increased heat and direct sunlight - all this leads to condom break. The question automatically disappears: whether it is possible to store contraceptives in a trouser pocket, car glove compartment or wallet. The answer is no.
- Bleed before use.Often, when a condom is put on, air accumulates in it. It must be removed from there, otherwise the gap contraceptive during sex is almost guaranteed.
When a condom breaks - this is not such a tragedy. If partners are not going to have a baby, then it is important to take all necessary measures to prevent conception. In order not to worry about infection, you need to avoid sex with unverified partners.
Despite the fact that condoms are torn, they were and remain one of the most reliable means of contraception. And in order to use them and not think about breaking at the most inopportune moment, they need to be properly stored and used.
Author: Svetlana Khristolyubova,
specifically for Mama66.ru
What to do first
In the first minutes after the incident, it is necessary not to panic and determine exactly when the condom broke. If this happened before ejaculation, the risk of becoming pregnant is minimized. But if you notice that the condom was torn after ejaculation, and, besides, the middle of the menstrual cycle (time of ovulation) is close, the risk of pregnancy is quite high.
If you use a condom with spermicidal lubricant, the likelihood of an unplanned pregnancy is reduced (spermicides can kill spermatozoa), but it does not disappear completely.
Folk remedies prevent pregnancy
The following methods of protection can not give you a full guarantee to prevent pregnancy. Their advantage is that the components used are in every home, but it is likely that after carrying out such procedures a baby will soon appear in your home.
- The first step is to go to the toilet. When urinating, abundant vaginal sperm discharge will occur, reducing the risk of pregnancy.
- Secondly, you need to thoroughly wash using toilet soap. It is believed that the substances that make up the soap, are also able to destroy a certain number of sperm.
- Thirdly, you can use douching. You need to take warm boiled water, make a weak solution of lemon juice and rinse the walls of the vagina with a small syringe. The acidic environment helps to slow the movement of sperm through the vagina to the uterus. The second method of douching is the use of a weak solution of potassium permanganate. Before douching, be sure to try the solution on the tongue, since solutions of strong concentration can leave burns on the vaginal mucosa.
- Another handy method is the use of non-hormonal tablets. For example, farmateksa. It is necessary immediately after intercourse to make syringing a weak solution. The composition of Pharmatex includes spermicides, which contribute to the destruction of sperm. But this method can not give you a full guarantee of preventing pregnancy.
Please note that doctors do not recommend douching, as some substances (including citric acid and potassium permanganate) can cause mucosal burns.
Today, reliable means of protection are medical devices - the most common emergency drug to prevent conception is Postinor. The tool contains in its composition highly dosed hormonal substance, under the action of which the complete suppression of ovulation and fertilization occurs. It is necessary to drink one pill immediately after detecting damage to the condom, and the second after 12 hours. The use of Postinor is effective only in the first 72 hours after sexual intercourse, and after taking the drug can feel much worse. The cost varies around 200-400 rubles per pack.
It is worth noting that the use of such pills causes a strong blow to the female body, since they contain a large dose of hormones, which can lead to a serious hormonal failure and increase the risk of infertility. Therefore, before taking such means - think: perhaps you already want to have children?
Protection against sexually transmitted diseases
If you are not sure of your partner, then in addition to pregnancy, there is a risk of contracting sexually transmitted diseases (HIV, chlamydia, syphilis, and others). After intercourse as a matter of urgency, you should consult a venereologist. They will take tests from you and carry out preventive measures: douching with a solution of salts of mercury or silver nitrate.
A woman who once used an emergency method of contraception should know that using these methods as a permanent method of dealing with an unplanned pregnancy is by no means impossible, since they can be dangerous for the health and further planning of pregnancy.
The first actions immediately after the condom broke
What measures to take a woman to avoid adverse effects?
The most important thing is not to lose self-control and time.
Within a few hours there is still the opportunity to avoid the undesirable effects of unprotected sex. The first thing a woman needs to get up, take upright posture - This will lead to the outflow of seminal fluid from the vagina under its own weight. Hence, the risk of becoming pregnant decreases several times.
In the first minutes after intercourse can help soap. You need to wash your genitals with soap: this will allow you to wash off the sperm or reduce their activity.
During the first hour after intercourse will help douching with an acidic solution. To do this, dilute a small amount of lemon juice, citric acid, vinegar or boric acid in pure boiled water. The concentration of the acid should be such that the language in the sample felt only mild acid. A concentrated solution can cause burns to the vaginal mucosa, so care must be taken when using this product. The creation of an acidic environment in the vagina will lead to the fact that the sperm will lose their viability and will no longer be dangerous.
It’s impossible to be 100% sure of this - some of them could have already managed to penetrate much deeper, so it is advisable to choose medications to avoid unwanted pregnancy. This is the so-called postcoital contraceptives.
If the condom broke, you need to calm down and calculate the risks of conception on the calendar (calendar method)
After the first actions, you can relax a little and calmly. calculate the risk of becoming pregnant. If a woman uses calendar method for determining safe days, she can be confident enough that on certain days the risk of pregnancy is low for her. These safe days can be calculated by leading the menstrual calendar throughout the year. Immediately it is necessary to make a reservation that the method is valid only if the menstrual cycle is fully established and repeated regularly. For young girls, a calendar of dangerous and safe days may be completely useless.
Dangerous dayswhen the risk of becoming pregnant is high, the number 18 is subtracted from the shortest cycle in a year. The resulting figure means the number of days from the beginning of the cycle, after which the ovulation period begins and the probability of pregnancy increases. And before that, the possibility of becoming pregnant during intercourse is minimal.
Safe days calculated by the longest cycle. It is taken away from its duration. 11. It turns out a number indicating the day of the beginning of the safe period from the beginning of menstruation.
If everything happened on a safe day, especially in the first and last days of the menstrual cycle, you can be calm. The chance of getting pregnant these days is quite low.
If it happened to everyone on dangerous days, it’s better not to risk and take postcoital contraceptive drugs.
What should be taken to avoid pregnancy?
The most popular of them is still the hormonal contraceptive. Postinor, despite numerous contraindications and a ban on its use in European countries. It is very important not to use it more than twice a year, and it is generally contraindicated for young girls under the age of 18! If there was nothing else in the pharmacy, then you need to keep in mind that it should be used in the first 72 hours after intercourse, when it is more effective in preventing unwanted pregnancy. In general, Postinor is prescribed by doctors in the event of rape, when the risk to health is outweighed by the risk of becoming pregnant. The consequences of this drug are menstrual disorders, abdominal pain, bleeding. During pregnancy and breastfeeding, with liver diseases it can not be used.
Also read this article:
Other means against unwanted pregnancy:
- Mifegin - modern effective remedy, which is more often used for termination of pregnancy in the early stages (up to 49 days). The drug can be taken only by prescription by a gynecologist and during its supervision.
- Eskapel - A means of emergency contraception, the most effective in the first 96 hours after intercourse.
- Ginepriston (Agest) - non-hormonal contraceptive, safer for the female body compared with Postinor. It is effective for three days from the time of unprotected intercourse.
In any case, before taking the pill, need to consult a doctor.
All of the above is true for those cases if sexual intercourse was committed between regular sexual partners who are confident in each other, but who do not want to have children at this time.
But if it was a connection with a casual partner, then the probability is not only of pregnancy, but also the danger of contracting sexually transmitted diseases. Currently, such traditional venereal diseases as syphilis, gonorrhea, trichomoniasis, are added to both genital herpes and HIV infection.
Condoms are good because they simultaneously protect a woman from unplanned pregnancy and from possible genital infections. But if the condom breaks, the woman is doubly unprotected. Therefore, the most important in preventing undesirable consequences is the absence of random connections. It must be said that a woman herself should take care of herself and her body, not wasting herself in promiscuous sex.
But, of course, there is an unstoppable passion, when two adults in the very first meeting pulled each other like a magnet. И кто знает, может, это станет началом искренней любви и даже семейной жизни.In this case, the consultation of the gynecologist will not be superfluous, it will help ensure the health and reliability of the partner.
And unfortunately, there are frequent cases of rape, when the girl later becomes an infected infection. Here, an appointment with a doctor is simply necessary if she wants to preserve her health.
How to reduce the risk of infection with sexually transmitted infections, if the condom broke?
What can be advised to reduce the risk of contracting a genital infection? A woman should immediately get up to drain the seminal fluid from the vagina. You must immediately wash the genitals with soap and water. Be sure to douche antiseptic solution - manganese, boric acid, furatsillina. Insert a candle with Betadine into the vagina, treat the external genital organs with Betadine or Miramistin solution. To reduce the risk of disease, it should be done as soon as possible. After that - be sure to contact a doctor-dermatovenerologist, to pass tests. Do not self-medicatetaking antibiotics and other medicines. Only a doctor can make a competent appointment of the necessary drugs.
It must be remembered: some diseases have a long incubation period, and they can only be detected by laboratory tests. The sooner the disease is determined, the more effective its treatment will be.
Councils of people who fall into a similar situation
And finally, advice to those who do not want to allow an emergency situation related to the condom rupture:
- Buy condoms based on their qualities, not prices.
- Buy condoms only at pharmacies. There, their quality has at least some guarantees.
- When buying, check the expiration date. Overdue condoms break more often.
- Always follow the instructions for using condoms. Incorrect use can cause it to break and cause you problems.
- Sometimes condoms break due to the fact that they are partially dissolved lubricant used in love games. Therefore, it is necessary to use only water-based or silicone-based lubricants. They are safe.
- Try to buy condoms with a spermicidal coating: they will better protect against pregnancy by reducing the activity of sperm. Even if you break such a condom, the risk of getting pregnant will still be somewhat less.
- Do not use two condoms at the same time. They may tear due to friction between them.
- Do not rely only on your sexual partner. Remember that pregnancy does not threaten him. If he suffers from frivolity and does not take safer sex seriously, take care of yourself. Let there be a place in your purse for packing high-quality condoms. Suppose you are not a lover of adventure and casual relationships, but if your partner has forgotten to provide himself with condoms or is too self-confident, do not hesitate to say “no” to him and offer condoms. By this you protect not only yourself, but also him.
The first thing to write in this article was: “A condom broke - what to do? GO TO THE DOCTOR! ”Seriously, this is the first thing to do! The doctor will prescribe emergency contraceptives and tests. Such over-the-counter drugs are not sold, and taking them is quite dangerous! And what was written at the very beginning ... well .. in the Middle Ages, women dried herbs on their necks, believed that they did not allow them to become pregnant. It is at least safe, in contrast to spinning with an acidic solution!
What to do if the condom broke
If the condom broke, it remains to throw it away. But if it slipped, then you must first remove it from your depths. Lie on your back, pressing your knees to your chest, and let the condom get the one who lost it. Or squat down and pick the condom with your index and middle fingers. This is not as difficult as you might think with fear.
Why did the condom break?
He broke because ...
... he has expired.
... you opened the package with your teeth and the product at the same time hooked.
... you did not have a normal lubricant, and you used oil or cream for lubrication, and the fat latex loses its elasticity and breaks.
... you (or a man), putting on a condom, forgot to pinch the tip of it with two fingers - an air bubble was formed there, and the condom just burst from your body movements like a balloon.
... have you decided that two condoms will double the security guarantee? And the opposite is true: they are torn from friction against each other.
He was lost because ...
... you put it on too late, that is, put it on a member already wetted - and the condom slipped off.
... you were in a hurry and did not fully roll out the product.
... your lover did not hold the condom with his hand on the way out, and in fact the fact that the tightness was held on an erect organ is loose enough after an orgasm.
A condom broke: what to do and how to prevent pregnancy
The action plan is presented by Maria Slabunova, a gynecologist at the Northeast Medical Center.
PLAN A The best thing you can do if the condom breaks is to consult a gynecologist on the very first day - he will decide if you are hormonal or non-hormonal emergency contraceptive method. According to the results, it will either install the intrauterine device (it will not allow the fertilized egg to gain a foothold in the uterus), or it will give out a pill with a large dose of hormones (to block ovulation and fertilization). But in practice it often turns out that the appointment with the gynecologist is only on the 20th day of the next month, he has no pills and spirals in his office, and you have only 72 hours (then the pregnancy hormone begins to be produced - hCG). Then go to plan B.
PLAN B You go to the pharmacy and ask for a post-contraceptive contraceptive. You can say "emergency contraception" - understand. In the domestic market there are several drugs of similar purpose. Some are used in two steps: the first tablet no later than 72 hours after the emergency, the second - 12 hours after the first. For others, one pill is enough no later than 72 hours. It depends on the dosage, so read the instructions carefully.
PLAN B If you came to the pharmacy, and there are no post-coital contraceptives ... go to another pharmacy. If there is not, we include plan B (Yuzpe method) - taking combined oral contraceptives (OCC) according to the scheme. Any modern drugs are suitable, but it is better to contain levonorgestrel. Low-dose COCs must be taken immediately 4 tablets no later than 72 hours after an emergency, and another 4 tablets 12 hours after the first dose. For high doses - 2 tablets at once and 2 after 12 hours.
All these methods are unsafe for health. But they are much safer than abortion.
Prevent infection if condom breaks
The action plan is proposed by Denis Levin, a dermatovenerologist at the Honest Clinic medical center.
If the condom is torn, neither washing the genitals, or douching with water or an antiseptic will not help. Moreover, douching (especially chlorine-containing substances) can be harmful, as it leads to vaginal dysbiosis (bacterial vaginosis, gardnerellosis). Therefore, in any case, you need to contact a venereologist - it is he, and not the gynecologist, who is engaged in the treatment and prevention of STIs (sexually transmitted infections).
What does pharmacy offer?
Despite the widespread availability and widespread demand, today there is no truly high-quality contraception. For the most part, its means, one way or another, harm a vulnerable female body, especially when it comes to intrauterine devices or hormonal pills.
More banal and safer things, like condoms and spermicidal suppositories, often fail, being unable to completely protect us from unwanted pregnancy. And sterilization is allowed only with two healthy children, or upon reaching a certain age (35-40 years).
Sometimes extremely unpleasant things happen, and not at all ridiculous things - the condom broke, or was completely “lost” inside. Of course, in this case, you should not go crazy with anxiety - it's time to take emergency measures to prevent fertilization. Well, or come to terms with future motherhood - here each decides for herself.
What to do if the condom broke? Let's try to understand and neutralize the consequences of this "emergency".
Can a condom tear
The condom has a high contraceptive efficiency, which is 90%. The tool is used to prevent unplanned pregnancy and infection with various infections that can be transmitted through the sexual way. Gynecologists recommend condom protection during irregular sexual intercourse and contacts with different partners.
Condom may break during intimacy. Doctors say that if the condom broke inside, in most cases the basic rules for using the product were not followed.
Why condoms are torn
There are several reasons that can explain why the contraceptive used is torn:
- Expired product. Before buying a contraceptive should pay attention to the specified date of production.
- Active intercourse. It is known that the means of protection undergo a rigorous test of quality and durability. However, when using a condom, you should avoid excessive activity, which can lead to a violation of its integrity.
- Defective product. This reason is not common and is about 2%. It must be remembered that there is always a risk to purchase goods of inadequate quality.
- Inadequate selection of size. If the condom is torn from the side, it usually indicates its small size. There is a significant probability of rupture with products with an oil base, which reduces the necessary strength of the latex. Experts recommend purchasing contraceptives that are water based.
- Violation of the rules of use. In order not to break the condom during intercourse, it should be carefully removed from the packaging.
Some contraceptives contain spermicide, which is added to the lubricant. This substance has a destructive effect on sperm proteins. Usually such products are marked “doubleprotection” (double protection).
What to do to prevent a condom from breaking during intercourse
If a condom broke during intercourse, the likelihood of unplanned conception and infection with dangerous diseases is noted. To prevent violation of the integrity of the product, you must follow the basic rules for its use:
- acquire only high-quality contraception with adequate size and shelf life,
- avoid experiments during intimacy,
- Carefully remove the product from the packaging and put it on immediately before sexual contact.
How to understand that a condom broke: doctor's answer
Violation of the integrity of the protective equipment may go unnoticed by partners. If a condom burst, you can hear a distinctive sound.
In most cases, there is not a complete rupture of the product, but the formation of microscopic cracks. To test the tool for integrity, after intimacy it should be filled with water.
What needs to be done urgently if the condom broke
Tearing a latex fixture is dangerous if an unplanned pregnancy occurs and the risk of infection. However, the correct sequence of actions can minimize the consequences of unprotected intercourse.
What should a man do if a condom breaks
Male and female reproductive organs have a different structure. However, the lack of adequate contraception is equally dangerous for both men and women.
If the partners suspect breach of the integrity of the remedy, it is necessary to immediately stop sexual contact. A man needs to empty his bladder in order to cleanse the urethra from pathogenic flora, which could penetrate the urethra. Then wash your hands thoroughly with soap.
It is recommended that the penis be treated with a cotton pad moistened with chlorhexidine solution (Miramistin). To prevent infection, 2-3 ml of the drug is injected into the urethra. The drug has antibacterial activity and destroys the majority of representatives of pathogenic flora.
How not to get pregnant if the condom broke in the vagina
During the first hours after unprotected intercourse, unplanned conception can be prevented. Doctors note that some popular methods of protection are not only ineffective, but also lead to serious consequences. Among these methods, there are:
- calculating the "dangerous" days,
- douching with an acidic solution,
- introduction to the vagina of aspirin tablets, lemon wedges.
It is known that a small percentage of women have a regular cycle, which allows the use of the calendar method of protection. Most representatives of this method is not suitable because of the risk of shifting the time of ovulation. Sexual intercourse is considered relatively safe after confirmed ovulation. The use of folk remedies often leads to irritation of the mucous membrane of the vagina.
In order to prevent infection, external genital organs are treated with chlorhexidine solution. Using the nozzle 5-10 ml of the drug should be inserted into the vagina no later than 2 hours after intimate proximity.
What condoms are not torn
The strength of the product depends not so much on the manufacturer as on compliance with the rules of use. A contraceptive that is not matched in size is also more likely to break. It should be borne in mind that the remedy is intended only for one intercourse.
The best brands of contraceptives are:
Remedies are recommended to purchase in pharmacies.
Why did this happen?
If you are aware of the specific reasons why a “rubber product” is torn or lost, you can prevent further problems by minimizing all sorts of risks.
What are some reasons why a condom can break?
- The product has expired (buying a product, it is important to pay attention to it, because poor-quality, damaged latex can provoke not only similar "incidents", but also various complications in the female gynecological organs)
- Why did the condom break during intercourse? You may have a shortage of natural lubricants. In this case, it is important to use a special lubricant designed for specific purposes. If you are too lazy or stingy to buy it, and use fat cream, petroleum jelly or oil instead, be ready to break the “rubber product” - fat textures provoke a decrease in latex elasticity, and therefore it can quite easily break its integrity,
- The packaging was opened with the help of the teeth, and the product itself was also affected. Thus, the violation of the integrity of the "gum" formally occurred even on the eve of the coitus itself,
- When putting on a condom, you or your partner forgot to pinch the tip of it with two fingers, causing air to enter it. In the aftermath of your active movements, the "gum" just burst, about as a child's balloon,
- You for some reason decided that “double protection” would be more effective, and decided to use two condoms at once. And the opposite is true - due to intense friction against each other, they simply burst.
Can a condom tear in other cases? Yes, the product may be defective. In addition, the intensity and activity of frictions can also play a role. But in these cases, the gap "gum" is considered the exception rather than the rule. The threshold of such cases is about 2.5-3% of 100%.
What if the condom is left inside?
It happens that the condom is not only broken, but also lost from the inside, which causes an even greater panic in the woman - not only is the protection from pregnancy reduced to "no", you also have to get the "gum" with the help of a gynecologist, which is not only scary but to some extent ashamed.
In fact, there is nothing terrible in this, and getting a condom is not as difficult as it may seem at first glance. In your case, you need to squat and strain the muscles of the pelvis, and then remove the condom with your thumb and index finger. Or otherwise: you need to lie on your back, press your knees to your chest and ask the one who has lost it to remove the condom.
There are also reasons for slipping off a condom:
- You hurried, and, putting on the product, did not bother to roll it to the end,
- You put it on too late, when the partner's penis was already sufficiently moist. In this case, everything is more than advisable: the "gum" simply slipped from its penis in the process of active frictions,
- After completing sexual intercourse, the partner, removing the penis, did not hold the base of the "gum". But the fact that firmly and firmly held on the erect member began to “hang out” fairly freely after the “logical conclusion of the coitus”, i.e. orgasm men.
Is it possible to get pregnant in this situation? Of course. Причем и в том, и в другом случае. Хотя соскальзывание презерватива существенно снижает такой риск, вероятность все же имеется. В случае с разрывом кондома все практически однозначно, особенно если половой акт имел место в один из ваших «опасных дней», т.е., в период овуляции.
Как распознать данное явление?
The insidiousness of this whole process is that many women do not even notice that the "gum" is torn. Whether they are intoxicated by love and high feelings for a partner, or they relax too much during orgasm, or experience true heavenly pleasure ... but the fact remains that it is not easy to understand and not notice the "trick" quite easily.
How to understand that a product called a condom broke? First, you can hear the distinctive sound. But this happens infrequently, especially in "noisy" couples. Secondly, you can see a “leak” after intercourse. But this is only relevant for heavily torn condoms.
And what if the hole is quite small, and it actually does not manifest itself visually? Try the following method. Go to the bathroom with the product and add some water to it. If it is leaking, the probability that it burst during intercourse is 99%.
"Do not panic!": What is the probability of pregnancy?
Despite the obvious danger, fertilization does not occur in all cases. Can I get pregnant right away if a condom breaks?
Here a lot depends on when ejaculation occurred:
- If the product was broken before the partner finished, the risk of pregnancy is low enough. Of course, along with the lubricant, some amount of seminal fluid is released, but in most cases its quantity and quality is negligible to conceive a child
- If the condom assumed spermicidal lubrication on itself, the probability of getting pregnant decreases even more - such products are intended to double protection against the consequences of such “emergencies”,
- If sexual intercourse took place on “safe” days, you also have nothing to worry about. In this case, everything is individual, but the “safe days” are almost generally considered to be 5 days before and after menstruation.
But if the unexpected happened, and there is a suspicion of the likelihood of becoming parents, do not fall into despair and take inadequate measures, such as douching the vagina with a solution of citric acid.
Where to run in case of a condom break?
In case of rupture of the "rubber product", you will have to run to the gynecologist. And the sooner the better. We strongly advise you not to use hard and aggressive emergency contraceptive drugs like “Postinor” and others like it - they may be strictly contraindicated to you. Yes, and their harm often does not justify the likely benefits.
The doctor will determine how appropriate the use of hormonal and non-hormonal post-coital contraception in your case. If hormonal pills are contraindicated to you, the doctor will immediately install an intrauterine device for you, which will not allow the fetal egg to gain a foothold in the endometrium. Thus, you will be provided with contraception for several years ahead, if there are no complications and you decide to leave the spiral.
As an emergency contraception, you can also use the COC (combined oral contraceptives) according to a specific scheme, which should also be clarified with the supervising gynecologist.
If you suspect the likelihood of STDs as a result of an “emergency” act, contact your venereologist - this is the doctor who is engaged in the prevention and treatment of infections of the organs of the sexual apparatus. Again - do not make any douching, especially acidic or alkaline!
They can disrupt the natural microflora and provoke dysbiosis of the vagina. Be healthy and attentive to yourself!