Diaskintest and evaluation of its results
Diaskintest is a modern diagnostic test for the presence of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in the human body. Other staging tests used to date (the most common: the Mantoux test) are not always accurate.
However, the reliability of the results of Diaskintest is also non-permanent and may decrease as a result of the action of many factors: ignoring contraindications, violation of the administration technique, etc.
Diaskine is a diagnostic introduction into the body of a fully synthetic drug, which consists of two main antigens: CFP 10 and ESAT 6. They affect the production of specific antibodies by the human body to pathogenic strains that cause tuberculosis.
This drug is absolutely safe to use. In its composition, it has no live pathogens that affect the occurrence of the disease. In addition to specially prepared bacteria proteins, the preparation includes the following components:
- phosphate compounds of sodium and potassium,
- sodium chloride,
The universally applied Mantoux test shows a reliable result ranging from 50% to 70%. It can give a positive result both for the presence of a true infection of the body, and for a post-vaccination reaction - a BCG vaccine.
The results of Diaskintest are more reliable. The accuracy rate equates to 90%. However, it should be noted that this modern sample is used only as a check for the presence of mycobacterium tuberculosis in the body: carrier state or infection even in the asymptomatic stage.
The result of Diaskintest is not used for revaccination of BCG. According to the vaccination schedule, it is imperative that a Mantou test be performed before the BCG vaccination.
Indications for appointment
Modern test is allowed to use, starting with one year. The most common assignment indicators include the following:
- suspected infection with tuberculosis,
- manifestation of a symptom complex characteristic of this disease,
- evaluation of the activity of the infectious process,
- control of tuberculosis treatment,
- for diagnosing tuberculosis and other diseases with similar symptoms,
- getting more reliable results
- mass screening.
The following categories of the population should be subject to obligatory diagnostics:
- persons released from prison
- employees of internal organs,
- persons with questionable Mantoux test results.
Contraindications for appointment
Diaskintest should be carried out prior to the planned BCG vaccination. If this vaccination has already been done, then a verification test for the presence of mycobacteria can be performed no earlier than in a month. Other contraindications include:
- viral or bacterial infection, transferred immediately before the test (the gap between the disease and the test must be at least a month),
- exacerbation of chronic diseases
- the presence of skin diseases (consultation of a dermatologist is required),
- episyndrome in the patient being examined (even in history),
- quarantine in child care facilities (sample setting should be postponed until withdrawn),
- the presence of allergic diseases in a patient,
- pregnancy in the first trimester, the appropriateness of the appointment of the test in the second and third trimesters - determines the doctor.
If a negative result of a staged test was obtained, then the next Diaskintest can be conducted no earlier than in two months. In the presence of the disease and its treatment, the sample is placed more often - up to three times a year.
This type of examination is prescribed directly by the TB doctor. A tuberculosis test should be performed by specially trained nurses. Before the patient is examined, a general practitioner or pediatrician should examine the patient. Directly injection is carried out in a specialized clinic or specially equipped medical offices.
Rules of the test
The test with Diaskine is conducted according to the same rules as the Mantoux reaction. The test is conducted according to the following rules:
- the patient is in a sitting position
- the inner surface of the middle third of the forearm is treated with an alcohol solution,
- the skin of the forearm is stretched and the drug (0.1 ml) is injected into the upper layer parallel to the surface of the arm,
- after the introduction of the drug, as a rule, on the skin is formed such a phenomenon as a papule in the form of a lemon peel,
- the diameter of the papule can be from 5 mm to 10 mm, it has a whitish color,
- if one of the forearms was Mantoux test, then Diaskintest is placed on the opposite hand,
- the time interval between two samples does not matter,
- the result is evaluated after three days, after the test.
Interpretation of results
The result of Diaskintest can only be assessed by a doctor or a nurse who has received special training. The transverse size of the resulting papule (infiltrate) relative to the axis of the forearm and / or hyperemia is measured.
The size of the hyperemia is taken into account as a result only in the absence of infiltration. The measurement is carried out using a ruler with millimeter divisions. All test results and their interpretation are divided into three categories:
- Negative result.
- Positive result.
- Doubtful result.
This response of the body - the norm (in adults and in children) is stated as a fact in the case of complete absence of papules and / or hyperemia on the forearm. There may be a slight "injecting reaction" up to 2 mm.
A negative reaction can be observed in the following individuals and groups of the population:
- the person is not infected with mycobacteria,
- the infection is in the inactive phase,
- the patient had a complete cure for this disease.
If the test was performed to children, all preventive vaccinations are allowed to them only after receiving the test results.
This result is taken into account if you can visually identify papules of any size. A positive test is considered in the following situations (it takes into account how much papule size is):
- infiltration does not exceed 5 mm - a weak reaction of the body,
- the diameter of the resulting seal varies from 5 mm to 9 mm - moderate reaction,
- papule from 10 mm - pronounced positive reaction,
- papule exceeds 14 mm; when necrosis, lymphadenitis, lymphangitis occurs, a hyperergic reaction is observed.
What to do in this situation? All patients in whom a positive test has been identified are subject to additional screening for tuberculosis. Mandatory fluorography (or radiography) of the lungs. According to indications - CT scan of the affected organ.
Treatment with anti-tuberculosis drugs starts from the first days after receiving a positive result.
Therapy is prescribed by a phthisiatrician doctor according to a specific scheme. The treatment is quite long - the norm is from 3-4 months to 2-3 years. It can not be interrupted, as mycobacteria adapt very quickly to the drugs used.
In the treatment of anti-TB drugs Diaskintest set at intervals of one month. If the test is positive, the treatment is continued. If negative, prophylactic therapy is carried out for 1-2 months and treatment is stopped.
In case of negative results of Diaskintest for two years, the patient is removed from the register at the tuberculosis dispensary, and he is considered healthy. The standard for conducting a screening test for tuberculosis is once a year.
The result of the test is considered doubtful in the absence of infiltration. Hyperemia may be slightly expressed.
It may be doubtful if the Diaskintest is negative and the Mantoux test is positive (or vice versa). With treatment, the results may vary. For the correct diagnosis in this case, it is recommended to conduct PCR diagnostics. This analysis can reveal all hidden bacteria (works at the level of genes). Its only drawback is the high cost.
From the above, we can conclude: Diaskintest is a proven and effective method for diagnosing tuberculosis. It is quite simple to use. Does not cause much difficulty and accounting samples. In the current difficult situation with tuberculosis, every person who takes care of their health should undergo this examination.
DST - test, when antigens are introduced into the skin, causing a reaction of the human body to them. A positive result indicates the presence of antigen, a person is either in an inactive stage of the disease, in the process of infection, or the disease is already actively proceeding. There is no doubt that the test is correct, as it is as accurate as possible.
The tuberculosis test is performed in the same way as any other test. He is made into a hand. It can happen that dst is carried out simultaneously with the Mantoux reaction, then the samples are placed on both hands. Most importantly, the sample is not combed or mechanically damaged. This may affect the result and will have to redo the test. It is injected intracutaneously with a syringe, the needle must be thin.
A diaskintest test can be done to absolutely everyone who wants it, but some refuse it, saying that they do not want to vaccinate children. The idea that a test for tuberculosis is a vaccine and it is harmful has long been rooted in society for a long time. This is not the case; the test must be done by everyone, since a large number of people are carriers of the infection that causes tuberculosis. Under certain conditions, such people may develop a disease. Despite the fact that this does not happen often, but still happens, you should do a test. So a person will know about his infection, because in life he may not find any symptoms. Without samples to identify the initial stage of the disease is impossible. It is better to make a diagnosis right away than to find out later about the developed tuberculosis.
Like any other samples, a test for tuberculosis is done at a specific time, according to the vaccination schedule and tests. Be sure the child needs to do dst once a year. Usually they start from 8 years and end with 17 years. During this period, the child must constantly be registered with the pediatrician, pass all tests and tests in order to protect themselves in the future. In adults dst is carried out according to the testimony of a doctor. After any vaccination or diseases, samples can be taken only in a month. If the test is made, and there are doubts as a result, then a second one can be done already after two months. In adults and children in the clinic, samples are taken once every 4 months. For very young children, the test is not necessary, but it is done when the Mantoux test showed a positive result. In this case, dst can be made to a child after 1 year of life.
Preparation, venue, drug
Unlike vaccinations, the test does not require any special training from the person. In adults and children should not be any infections and diseases, should not be fever. You should monitor your condition for a month so that prior to the test there will be no health complaints.
This test can be done in a child at school, kindergarten or in a regular hospital where a pediatrician is located. Also, it is carried out in special institutions, where they treat and research tuberculosis. There are sending those people who have an inaccurate result or a high probability of a positive result. Most often in educational institutions require the presence of such a test, since it is children who often suffer from tuberculosis and are the part of the population that quickly picks up the infection. In adults, the presence of such a sample is required when they are often in contact with patients or have an inactive stage of the disease. Also, pregnant women who are registered in the antenatal clinic should do all the tests, including dst.
Yet it is interesting where the drug is produced and the name of the component that is included in its composition. Drugs that are part of Diaskintest, a lot. The main component is the treated part of the tuberculosis bacteria. The composition also includes preservatives, water and stabilizers. DST produced in Russia.
Evaluation of results
Diaskintest and his results interest many. Few people know how many kinds of results there are and how each should look. Check them after 3 days of drug administration. The results are evaluated by doctors, because each situation can be individual. There are three types of results: positive, negative and one that is in doubt. You can estimate the result yourself in advance.
Normally, adults and children can react differently to dst, and they will also evaluate the results with some differences. In perfect condition, the injection site will not have redness. It will look almost like before the sample. Basically, if a person does not have an allergy to the drug, then the reaction will be the same both on the first day and on the third. The result is primarily influenced by immunity. If it is weak, then the reaction will be pronounced. With a weak immunity, you can easily pick up the infection.
If positive, the injection site will be large in size with swelling, with marked redness. With a negative one, no redness can be seen, only a small bruise can occur. The size of the injection site should be less than one centimeter. If it is more, then this is the first sign to consult a specialist. The greater the inflammation, the greater the likelihood that a person is infected and has already an active stage of the disease.
Allocate another dubious result, in which there may be redness and an increase in the size of the puncture site. In this case, the local doctor has all the reasons to send the patient to see a specialist, further diagnosis and retest.
If dst showed a dubious result, then do not be afraid, perhaps it is just an allergic reaction or individual intolerance of the body. In any case, it is better to seek help from a specialist who treats patients with tuberculosis. He will prescribe an additional examination and tell him what to do next and in case of infection, prescribe a treatment that will help to forget about the disease.
DST can not cause any harm to the body. It consists of natural components that do not harm even a child, but each organism is different in its own way. In some cases, adverse reactions to the sample are still detected. They can manifest themselves in different ways, often as symptoms of mild body poisoning. A person may have a fever, pain in the head. It does not do any harm and may be a normal reaction of the body in some people. The body reacts the same way when the tuberculosis virus is actually in it, but along with the side effects on the arm, redness and an increase in the size of the puncture site can be seen. If this place does not react in any way, there is a small bruise and the temperature rises, then, most likely, nothing terrible happens. In case of constant fever and headache, you should definitely contact your doctor. He will identify the exact cause of the ailment and prescribe the necessary drugs.
Like any drug diaskintest has contraindications. These include any disease during the test period, both infectious and chronic, in exacerbation. You can not do dst people who have skin diseases, various pronounced allergic reactions, some mental illnesses. Allergies can often occur if a person is intolerant of a protein. Whether to make a trial or not, only the attending physician should endure. He knows about all the diseases of a particular person, and therefore can predict the reaction of the organism. Some people think that the usual cough with ARVI is not a contraindication, but it is not. Even in this case, it is impossible to conduct a diaskintest in children. They have the same contraindications as adults. There are no differences in them.
After the introduction of the drug in the skin should limit yourself in some actions. You can not wet your hand often, but you do not need to give up hygiene. You should not scratch this place, stick it with a plaster, rewind it in every possible way. It is categorically not recommended to wash your hand with soap, apply to this place means that can easily cause an allergic reaction. If this is not followed, then redness may occur, which will entail an incorrect reaction. After the test, there are no dietary restrictions, you do not need to follow a special diet, you should stick to your usual diet.
In medicine, there have been cases when the result of diaskintest was wrong, because not all tests and tests are perfect. But all the same, all the results are practically accurate. Inaccuracies can occur only with a dubious result. Many people think that Mantu is better and more accurate, but it is not. Только тест диаскином может выявить правильную реакцию организма на вирус туберкулеза. Этот метод используется во многих клиниках, занимающихся лечением людей, которые больны этим заболеванием.The method allows not only to find out whether the virus is present in the body, but also to identify at what stage it is. Only when DST can a person get sick with tuberculosis after a while or not. Do not refuse the offer of the doctor to take the test, it is better to immediately find out what it is. In some cases it can save a person’s life.
Diaskintest - what is it?
Diaskintest (DST, DST) is an immunological study, which aims to study the reaction of the human body to tuberculosis, to identify the disease in the active or dormant phase. Injection is an alternative to the Mantoux test, its improved version.
The preparation includes:
- bacteria bacteria tuberculosis (Mantoux test is based on tuberculin) - the active substance,
- phenol (safe for human dose),
- sodium chloride,
- phosphate potassium and sodium.
The main active ingredient of the drug - proteins of tuberculosis bacteria
Mantoux or Diaskintest - which is better and safer?
Mantoux and Diaskintest are completely safe injections that do not entail tuberculosis infection. Both tests are prescribed individually, taking into account all contraindications and restrictions. Diaskintest is more accurate - it responds only to active mycobacteria and practically does not cause any side effects. He is preferred by private clinics. In public hospitals, experts prefer the Mantoux test — a method proven by many generations. Which test is better depends on the specific situation, as well as the characteristics of the body of the child and the adult.
Where to make the DST and how much?
The main institutions for conducting an immunological study for the detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis are:
- tuberculosis dispensaries,
- tuberculosis research centers,
- children's and adult clinics.
Children DST test is done in kindergarten and every year at school. During pregnancy, the test is indicated for women who are registered with a tubal dispensary or have had a disease in the past.
Vaccination is indicated for pregnant women who previously had tuberculosis.
If vaccine is available, vaccination for tuberculosis in public hospitals is free. In private clinics diaskintest costs an average of 895 p.
How is diaskintest conducted?
Diaskintest is a painless and quick procedure that does not cause discomfort to the patient. Technique staging DST is not different from the Mantoux test. In a tuberculin syringe with a thin and short needle, the drug is collected in an amount of 0.1 ml and injected under the skin. Vaccination is done from the inside of the forearm in the right or left hand, depending on which limb the patient is less active. The photo shows that the injection is placed.
Diaskintest injection process
What can and cannot be done after vaccination?
The reliability of the results depends largely on compliance with the recommendations of the doctor after the manipulation.
- The injection site is forbidden to be treated with detergents, disinfectants and cosmetics.
- Do not tape or stick the injection area with adhesive tape.
- It is contraindicated to mechanically affect the skin in the area of the injection - rub, scratch, scratch.
Rubbing and scratching the injection site is prohibited.
After the procedure, you can wash and soak your hand, but without the use of hygienic substances. There are no changes in the diet and the usual way of life of a person, except for the rejection of alcohol and harmful products - you can not eat very fatty, salty and spicy foods. Eating sweet is permitted.
Norm in children and adults
The test reaction is checked after 72 hours. The rate in adults and children, which indicates the absence of tuberculosis in the body - is a negative result. The symptoms in this case are as follows:
- ate a noticeable trace from the injection,
- The sample location is slightly compacted (up to 1 cm in diameter), there is no redness,
- bruise at the site of the prick size of 1-3 mm.
How should look like a normal reaction to tuberculosis, can be seen in the photo.
Normal response to sample after 72 hours
Diaskintest does not harm the body. The natural response of the immune system to antigenic proteins is:
- temperature increase to 37.5 degrees
- short-term general malaise,
Temperatures up to 37.5 degrees - the natural reaction of the body
Possible consequences and complications
The DST vaccine contains proteins that are foreign to the human body and can provoke an allergy in the form of a rash, severe redness, blisters on the skin that itch and bake. Such manifestations occur most often in allergic people and children with atopic dermatitis. Subject to the contraindications and all the recommendations of the doctor, the DST is completely harmless and is not dangerous to human health.
In allergy sufferers, the sample may cause allergies in the form of a rash.
Tuberculin vaccination Diaskintest is a modern alternative to the Mantoux test, safe for human health in the absence of contraindications. The test is highly sensitive to Koch sticks, and its accuracy of the results reaches 100%. DST responds only to the causative agent of tuberculosis and does not show a positive result in people who have acquired immunity to the disease: patients who have been ill or who have received a BCG vaccine.
Rate this article
(3 ratings, average 5,00 from 5)
Infection detection methods
To identify tuberculosis, everyone, regardless of social status, is scheduled for annual screening. The diagnostic method is determined by the patient's age. Early treatment in 70% of cases allows you to completely get rid of the pathogen. In the absence of therapy increases the risk of death by 2 times.
The main ways to determine the presence of Koch sticks in the body:
- Tuberculin diagnosis. It is used in children. Mantoux test is placed every year. A weakened mycobacterium is injected subcutaneously into the front surface of the forearm. The result is checked for 3 days. Vaccination site can not be combed and heated. The appearance of papules and the degree of discoloration of the skin around allow for a conclusion about the presence or absence of infection in the body. If an infection is detected in the body after Mantoux, a child is prescribed Diaskintest. Treatment is possible only after the exclusion of false positive reactions.
- X-ray and fluorography of the lungs. Conducted in persons older than 15 years. As a result of the examination, a picture is formed, by which the doctor determines the pathology of the lungs. This method reveals tuberculosis at the initial stage. In the picture mark the lesion, the form of the disease (primary or chronic tuberculosis). Contraindication of the method is pregnancy. For the rest of the population, the dose of radiation during imaging is small and does not pose a health hazard.
- General blood analysis. Does not detect mycobacterium, but will show the presence of inflammation in the body. On this basis, the therapist will prescribe additional examinations, including the exclusion of tuberculosis.
- PCR method. Determines the presence of mycobacteria in sputum. In children, it is used to confirm the diagnosis. In adults, rarely used.
- Magnetic resonance or computed tomography. It is used to clarify the diagnosis, identify the location and size of inflammatory foci. Compared with fluorography, the sensitivity is 100 times higher.
- Bacteriological examination of the bronchi. Identifies the causative agent of tuberculosis. Not applicable to children and the elderly.
- Bronchoscopy. Assess the degree of damage to the lungs, including the trachea and mucous membrane.
Characteristics of the study
Diaskintest - a way to determine tuberculosis. It is similar to the rules of diagnosis with the Mantoux reaction. The active ingredient is mycobacterial proteins that do not infect humans. The reliability of Diaskintest is higher than that of the Mantoux test, but it is used less frequently.
Mantu gives a positive response when the patient is prone to allergies, and Diaskintest reduces the likelihood of such situations.
Photos of a positive result from Diaskintest and Mantoux tests can be seen in the phthisiatrician’s office. They will not have significant visual differences, but the positive result of Diaskintest indicates that the person is infected with mycobacteria.
Diaskintest more accurately can show a positive or negative result. The photo proves that Mantu is not as effective.
After detection of the disease and treatment, the result becomes negative. But Diaskintest does not cause a reaction in people who have previously received a BCG vaccine. Therefore, it is not used for the selection of people who need re-vaccination.
What is the solution
Diaskintest injected subcutaneously in the forearm. The body reacts to mycobacterial proteins. The method allows you to determine whether a person is infected with tuberculosis. But this method cannot tell whether the patient is a carrier of bacteria or if the disease develops. With a positive test and no symptoms, additional methods of examination are prescribed.
- saline solution
- artificial proteins of tuberculosis bacteria CFP10 and ESAT6,
- salts of potassium and sodium,
- preservative phenol, in the amount of 0.25 mg, which is a safe dose,
- Polysorbate 80 stabilizer.
Features of the test
The procedure for conducting diaskintest and the Mantoux reaction is the same. Before diagnosis it is necessary to make sure that the patient is healthy and does not have allergic reactions. Despite the fact that the reliability of the test is 90%, the additional load on the immune system causes a false-positive reaction.
- a syringe for injection is required with a fine needle,
- gaining a dose of the drug,
- the substance is injected subcutaneously into the inside of the forearm,
- you can put in any hand, give preference to the left,
- if the drug is administered after a positive result for tuberculin, then use the other hand,
- On day 3, a nurse assesses the result according to which a person is infected with tuberculosis or not.
Is it allowed to wet the sample
After the injection, you must follow some rules in order not to get an incorrect result. The location of the test for tuberculosis cannot be combed, because it is likely to infect the wound and not get the correct result.
Pee diaskintest is not recommended for people with sensitive skin and prone to allergic reactions.
This may trigger a false positive result. It is necessary to adhere to this rule until the doctor examines the injection site.
Anyone else can wet the forearm after the test, but not rub it with a washcloth, scrub and other means that can damage the skin. This method of diagnostics does not provide for other restrictions on nutrition and lifestyle.
The frequency of injections depends on the age and health of the patient:
- For the diagnosis of tuberculosis, children are diagnosed once a year, starting at 12 months. If the result is negative, then other diagnostic methods are not used.
- In adults, the main indicator of the absence of tuberculosis is radiography or pulmonary fluorography. Annual negative result does not imply Diaskintest. But there are exceptions.
- If tuberculosis is detected in an employee of a medical, pediatric or other institution, the diaskintest is put to all employees of the enterprise. According to the results, it is determined whether there are still patients at the enterprise after contact.
- In the case of a positive Mantoux test, Diaskintest is the next way to detect the infection in the body. If the result is questionable, the diagnosis can be repeated after 2 months.
- If a person is registered with a phthisiologist or is in a high risk group for a disease, diaskintest may be prescribed by a doctor in 3-6 months. But the interval between diagnostics for tuberculosis and any vaccinations should be at least a month.
How long does it take to evaluate the results?
To identify the pathology in the adult population, fluorography is used. It is not done for children, so it remains only to use Diaskintest. Compared with the Mantoux test, it gives a positive result only in the presence of active pathogens of tuberculosis.
Interpretation of the results is carried out only after three days, although the body's reaction will be noticeable almost immediately. Over the course of several days, the picture will change.
The reaction to diaskintest is gradually changing by day, judging by the changes and signs of the presence of the pathogen in the body.
The reaction to diaskintest on the first day is practically absent, but if the injection is unsuccessful, a bruise or a reddish spot may appear at the injection site without signs of compaction or swelling. The first reaction to the photo looks like this:
On the second day, the symptoms change. Normally, at the injection site only ukolochnaya reaction, even if there was redness on the first day. You can also notice the resorbable bruise, if any.
The result on the diaskintest in a child, as in an adult on the third day, will finally show the reaction of the body, according to which the doctor judges the presence of the pathogen. A normal reaction is a barely noticeable trace from a needle prick or remnant of redness that passes.
False positive result
Diaskintest can give a false positive result. In this case, after the introduction of the drug at the injection site develops hyperemia, but the papule is not formed. In such situations, you should not immediately panic, you need to undergo additional examinations, for adults X-rays and repeated Diaskintest are required after 2 months.
In the photo, this result looks like this:
There is also the doubtful result of Diaskintest, when redness appears at the injection site, but the infiltration is either not formed at all or has a size of no more than 4 mm. Also, the doctor may doubt if there is a large bruise, against the background of which it is difficult to examine and evaluate the degree of redness.
There is another term among phthisiatricians to check the results - the hyperergic reaction to Diaskintest. If such an assessment is given, then it means not just a positive result, but too exaggerated.
Not only after the injection appears redness, severe swelling, but also the dimensions of the papules are huge, they can reach 20 mm. The surrounding tissues around the injection site become inflamed and irritation develops.
Such a reaction may indicate either an excessive sensitivity of the organism to the components of the preparation or an active development of pathology in the body. But in any case, the patient should be referred for further examination to a specialized tubdispanser.
Why the results may be false?
Not always doubtful or false positive results indicate the presence of pathology. It can be obtained for the following reasons:
- Diaskintest was made without taking into account contraindications. For example, a viral infection that develops in the body can give a false positive result.
- An infection has gotten into the injection site, which often happens in children who are combing it.
- The presence of a tendency to allergies. Against this background, the body can give an inadequate response to the test.
- Autoimmune and somatic pathology.
- Before Diaskintest, the child was given another vaccine. After it, the children's body may give the wrong reaction that is expected.
- There is no information that the effect of water on the injection site may affect the result, but doctors still do not recommend drenching it until the final response of the body is obtained.
It happens the opposite, when the patient has tuberculosis and Diaskintest did not give a positive result. The reason for this may be:
- Cured disease.
- The presence of an inactive form of the disease.
- The presence of tuberculosis in the completion stage.
- Negative evaluation of the results in children can be noted if tuberculosis is severe and gives immunopathological disorders.
The final assessment should be done only by a doctor, if the situation requires, an additional examination is scheduled and after two months another test for tuberculosis.
What if the result is different from the norm?
The rate in children and in adults is the almost complete absence of traces at the injection site after three days. If the test was positive, then tears and panic will not affect the result and will not change it. Further actions should be as follows:
- Adults should have a fluorography without fail, and children have an x-ray of the lungs.
- Ultrasound and tomogram of the lungs can be given to babies.
- To hand over a standard set of analyzes.
- Visit phthisiatrician, not forgetting to take all the results of research.
- The doctor may prescribe a retest after a while if all other tests are good.
- When confirming the diagnosis, it is necessary to prepare for the passage of therapy. Parents need to adjust to the treatment of the child, which is to be long and difficult.
On the shoulders of parents falls responsibility for the conscientious intake of prescribed drugs. Reception should be carried out strictly according to the scheme prescribed by the doctor.
If there are some doubts about the competence of the doctor who conducted the analysis of the body's reaction to Diaskintest, then you can undergo PCR diagnostics. At the moment - this is the most accurate diagnosis of pathology, because it recognizes the slightest changes at the gene level, which are provoked by the causative agent of tuberculosis.