- How to tell your daughter about menstruation
- How to talk to your daughter about menstruation
- Signs of transitional age in girls
A conversation with a teenage girl about the changes occurring in her body should take place without fail. Doctors believe that it is better to talk about menstruation before than to be late with the conversation.
Modern girls grow up faster than their mothers and grandmothers used to grow up. This is due to nutrition and the rhythm of modern life. The girl's body begins to change intensively from the age of 8.
The girl is growing rapidly, by the age of 9-10, the teenage girl has hair in the armpits, and the breast begins to grow. 2-3 years remain until the “women's days”, and it is important to have time to explain how the girl will become a girl.
It’s easiest to talk about female girls with moms or older sisters. You can ask to hold such a conversation aunt or grandmother. However, it is best if mom explains everything to her daughter.
The conversation should be started in confidence, calmly, but at the same time it should be serious, the girl should feel its importance. The age when the conversation takes place can be determined by the mother herself, but from 10 years “early” will not be anymore.
You can tell your daughter that in the next few years, she can start menstruating and tell her in detail about what this means. Do not be afraid to call a spade a spade, the main thing is the tone to which you speak.
It is necessary to explain that bleeding will go out of the uterus every month, and at the same time be happy to announce that this is the only way the girl can become a mother in the future. You can tell that menstruation is a little painful, and in front of them she can be capricious for several days.
It is important to emphasize that “women’s days” happen to all women, and to you too, and only for this reason your daughter was born. You need to seriously talk about hygiene on special days, tell the girl how to use the pads correctly, how many days the discharge goes.
It is necessary to emphasize the importance of water procedures and explain that it is correct to wash and take a shower during menstruation twice a day. Tell your daughter that cleanliness is the key to women's health. The girl will remember your words, even if she is embarrassed.
Whether you can talk about pregnancy with your daughter can be decided during the conversation. If the girl is determined to listen to you, you can tell her about how the pregnancy comes. But psychologists advise not to rush things and postpone this conversation for another occasion.
In normal menstruation in adolescent girls begin at 12-15 years. If your daughter is ripe for 10 years, or there is no menstruation after 15 years, you need to consult a doctor. The problem may be caused by hormonal imbalance, or simply your child is special.
When to start a conversation?
Sometimes parents delay the conversation, believing that the child has not yet reached sufficient maturity. When to start a conversation? Is there a universal age at which you need to talk with a sibling? It turns out that each child may be ready to accept this or that information in due time. It is worth being guided by several factors:
- Monthly can start at the girl at 11 and even at 10 years old, so you need to talk with her in advance.
- It is worth looking at the child and assess how much he or she is interested in “forbidden topics”.
- Sometimes the offspring itself starts asking questions about the physiological characteristics of women and men. If he is more than 8 years old, then it is quite possible to begin answering his questions substantively.
- If the classmates of the son do not hide their interest in issues of gender and relations between girls and boys. Such conversations sometimes occur in a children's company, adults can become witnesses of jokes on this topic.
Preparation for conversation
Some parents need only start a conversation, the words themselves come to mind. Others hardly select phrases, especially when the question concerns sensitive topics. If you consider yourself to be of the second type, it makes sense to prepare for a conversation with the help of available materials:
- Search for special literature, in which accessible language explains how menstruating (regula) in women. This may be a children's encyclopedia, a magazine for parents. You can read the material and explain it to the girl with your own comments. In addition, she will be able to later read this information itself, and view pictures and photos if any questions arise.
- It will be great if you can pick up videos on this topic. You can watch a movie or even a cartoon with your daughter, answering her questions in the course of the plot.
How to build a conversation? How to tell the girl about her period, so that she does not feel disgust and is not frightened? What should I talk about right away, and what should I leave for later? First of all, you need to think in advance about the structure of the conversation, and then the order in which it is best to present the information. We propose to build the stages of conversation in the following sequence:
- Girls are small women. First you need to be reminded that any girl will grow into a woman who in the future may become a mother. Women have reproductive organs that allow the uterus, ovaries to be carried out. The girl has these same organs, but they are still small and grow with her.
- Preparing for future motherhood. At the onset of a certain age (11-14 years old), the girl's body signals that it is entering a new stage - preparation for future motherhood. The girl begins menstruation. It should be mentioned that almost all women have bleeding, there is nothing scary or shameful in this process.
- Hygiene. Separately, you need to talk about that during critical days you need to observe hygiene especially carefully. During this period, pathogenic microflora is easier than usual can reach the internal organs, leading to diseases of the genitourinary system. Gaskets need to be changed regularly and do not neglect water procedures.
- What is PMS? This terrible abbreviation, about which they know almost everything, stands for the words "premenstrual syndrome". It is imperative to warn her daughter that during this period she may have mood swings, she may cry for no apparent reason, or feel offended and lonely. The main thing that a girl should be aware of is a temporary condition, it will surely pass.
Striving for dialogue
To tell in general about menstruation is not enough, it is important to wait for questions. If a daughter or son asks nothing after the story, most likely, the child is not ready to discuss this issue with his parents. There may be several reasons: the daughter already knows a lot from communicating with her classmates, or she does not trust her parents and is embarrassed to speak on intimate topics.
Both options require careful study. What to do if the offspring does not go on contact? It is worth waiting a couple of days after the conversation - a teenager may take time to understand the information, and a little later he will come to his parents with his questions. If the child continues to be silent and does not return to this topic, then it is necessary to act. Try to talk again, ask what he cares about and what he knows about “critical days”.
It happens that the conversation does not work - do not give up. Any conversation is better than keeping silent and ignoring the problem.
If the child is not ready to make contact - it is not necessary to insist, it will be possible to talk later
Questions to answer
Since it’s rather difficult to tell your daughter about your period with all the details, you should prepare for the conversation in advance and think about how to answer questions that may arise during the conversation. Often, a teenager is curious about how painful the critical days are, how many days they last and what to do if they start unexpectedly? If a boy is growing up in a family, it is also necessary to talk with him on this topic, but the conversation may be shorter and more general. We will try to answer the most popular questions of children about menstruation.
Monthly - does it hurt?
The girl may worry that the bleeding is accompanied by pain. It is necessary to explain that the regulators usually pass painlessly, only at the beginning of the cycle, discomfort may occur in the lower abdomen. However, each girl experiences their own feelings and some complain of abdominal pain, upset stool, dizziness. It is also worth telling that before menstruation the breast swells and becomes painful.
How rich is the blood flowing?
Often it seems to girls that the blood from the vagina is flowing, this picture especially scares those who are afraid of its appearance. Mom should answer this question to talk about the regulations based on personal impressions. Blood secretions are usually heterogeneous, often quite thick. In some women, the discharge may be scanty, in others abundant. At the same time, the blood that goes away is already “used” and it is not required for the vital activity of the organism. In the human body everything is thought out and arranged in the best way. Instead of the lost blood, a new one is generated, which is a natural and even rewarding process.
Sometimes a girl is worried about the question of whether she can lose a lot of blood during critical days. Of course, situations can be different. During this period, you can not expose the body to physical exertion, so as not to cause bleeding, but you should not spend the whole day in bed. It is necessary to lead a normal life with some restrictions.
Gaskets or tampons?
If the age of her daughter is close to the cherished 11 years, she is increasingly looking forward to the first menstruation. It’s time with my mother to prepare a stock of sanitary pads or tampons. What is better to use? This question is controversial today. Some gynecologists tend to strip, others are not so critical and quite admit the idea that a young girl can use special tampons. We want to focus on the fact that tampons are quite difficult to introduce, and the pads are more comfortable and easy to use.
It is necessary to prepare for the fact that questions may concern conception, contraception, intimate relations between a man and a woman. It is necessary to think in advance how much information you can give to your daughter or son, depending on their maturity.
Puberty age girls
Menstruation in girls begins at the age of 12-13 years, in some cases it may begin even earlier than this age, which indicates early puberty.
If the bleeding started before the age of 10, or the girl is 16 years old, and there is no menstruation, this is a reason for going to a gynecologist. It is important to determine the cause of such deviations from the form in order to prevent serious problems with sexual health in the future.
The right approach to the conversation
As the child grows up, mothers more often begin to wonder how to tell the girl about her period.
The girl will calmly accept the beginning of the period, she will be ready for this, if she is properly prepared. Otherwise, she may be frightened to see blood on the laundry. The main thing is to allow the daughter to be left alone with the experiences and a bunch of unexplained questions.
Of course, today you can get any information from various sources, but no one better than mom can tell her daughter about menstruation.
Many mothers try to delay the conversation on this topic in every way, considering that it is too early, the daughter is just a child. But time flies very quickly, so you need not to miss the right moment. At 9 years old, you need to try to explain to your maturing child what awaits her in the future. A girl should not think that the beginning of menstruation is a terrible disease, when she will bleed or something like that.
Features talk about menstruation
In fact, it is difficult to explain to a girl what awaits her when she matures. And this difficult task falls on the shoulders of a mother or another adult woman who has a trusting relationship with her child (older sister, grandmother, aunt).
Of course, dad can tell the girl about her period, but he is unlikely to be able to give comprehensive answers to the million questions that arise. The thing is that only a woman knows all the details of the process, and an impressive amount of restraint is added.
In order for the conversation to be successful, it is very important to think through all its points, draw up an approximate plan in order not to miss anything important.
When choosing a place to talk, it is important that it is comfortable so that the child can relax. The child needs to explain such basic points: at what age menstruation begins approximately, this phenomenon will be repeated every month, what features the process has, what may be a little painful, and also what phases of the menstrual cycle are and what features are characterized.
Properly chosen tone of communication is no less important for a successful outcome of the conversation. This should not be an admonition that will only scare the child. All explanations should be in a trustful and friendly manner, only in this case, the girl will listen carefully, not be afraid and not be shy.
The conversation needs to be divided into several stages. Thus, at the age of 9, a girl does not need to state at once all that is known about her period, and how hard it will be for her to experience it every month. First you need to prepare a girl, explaining that very soon her body will change, and if there will be spotting, this will be a sign of the beginning of changes, so you should not be afraid. You also need to tell the girl that today there are special hygiene products on sale designed to provide comfort on critical days. A girl at that age can react to the information received in different ways: either there will be a lot of questions that need to be prepared, or simply nod, ending the conversation.
Already this first conversation will give the girl an idea of the monthly bleeding. The second time it will be possible to tell in more detail about all the intricacies of menstruation, when it begins (11-13 years).
What to talk about?
How to tell my daughter about menstruation? You need to start with the fact that the female body is not the same as the male body, and when it matures, there are serious changes: the girl turns into a girl, and then into a woman. When a girl becomes a girl, her period starts.
It is important to explain to the daughter that such a phenomenon as menstruation occurs in every woman and suggests that she is healthy and ready for the birth of a child.
It is enough for the girl to know that the menstrual bleeding should be scarlet without bunches, the amount is moderate, and they should last 3-7 days. You also need to tell what the menstrual cycle, and normally its duration is 21-34 days (in most cases it is 28 days).
It should also be clarified that the first menstruation (menarche) for each girl begins at different times, which depends on the development of the reproductive system. The girl must be sure that the appearance of blood is not dangerous, even if there are pain. The cause of the pain is the detachment of the endometrium of the uterus, which is a natural process, so you should not be afraid.
Even if the girl saw how bad her mom is in the days of menstruation, you should not be afraid of her. It is impossible to predict how these days will be spent at the daughter, because every woman's body is individual.
It is necessary to tell the daughter about her period so that she is psychologically ready for them, so that she can understand why the mood changes dramatically, general malaise, tearfulness, irritability, nervousness appear. All changes in the female body occur under the influence of hormones, and the symptoms before menstruation are called premenstrual syndrome.
Pay special attention!
When planning a conversation with your daughter about menstruation, you need to pay attention to these basic points:
- A stable menstrual cycle with regular periods speaks of gender health. But, under the influence of various factors (overwork, climate change, severe stress, heavy loads, etc.) it can be broken. In the first few years (1-2 years), the cycle may be irregular. The girl should understand that to normalize the menstrual cycle, it is necessary to avoid excessive loads and stressful situations, especially with the approach of critical days.
- Good nutrition is one of the important factors of a stable menstrual cycle, and hard diets that adolescent girls use to exhaust model parameters lead to cycle violations. It is important to understand that the wrong diet, in which there is no fat and carbohydrates, can cause the cessation of ovarian function and, as a result, serious problems with conception in the future. Therefore, it is so important not only to follow the diet of the daughter, but also to teach her to approach the issue of proper nutrition correctly.
- Talk about menstruation with your daughter is a must, because it is not only a sign of sexual maturity. With the onset of menstrual bleeding, the body is ready for pregnancy. Поэтому ни в коем случае нельзя халатно относиться к этой теме. Девочка должна знать, что незащищенный половой контакт может привести к беременности, возможному аборту и негативным последствиям.
- Важным моментом разговора также являются средства личной гигиены. Девочка должна понимать, что в критические дни организм особенно уязвим к проникновению различных инфекций, поэтому гигиена просто необходимо. Именно по этой причине нужно правильно подобрать гигиенические средства, для чего лучше проконсультироваться с гинекологом. On critical days, it is better not to take a bath and not to swim in open ponds and a pool, but you need to take a shower every day.
How to tell your daughter about her period, what time and place to choose - each mother decides for herself. A confidential conversation with your daughter will help avoid many problems in the future. And if the mother or another senior female relative does not hesitate and delay the conversation, the appearance of bloody discharge will not frighten the girl. And if there are any questions, she will be able to consult without keeping the feelings inside.
When mom needs to start talking about menstruation
Start an important conversation to a certain age, when the girl will be ready for him. In this regard, mothers can make two common mistakes.
Some are silent until the last moment and explain something to their daughters only when the critical days have already begun. Meanwhile, the blood of a child is always associated with pain, trauma. A lack of understanding of the situation can provoke a strong fright and even mental trauma.
Misunderstanding of the situation can provoke strong fright and even mental trauma in an unprepared child.
In this regard, I recall a vivid episode from McCullin Colin’s novel “The Singing in the Thornberries”. When the main character, fifteen-year-old Maggie, began her period, she was terribly frightened by this, hid from her family and thought for several months that she was dying from a “shameful intestinal illness.” In the end, it happened that the priest of the local church, and not her mother, was forced to explain the truth to the girl.
She clenched her hands.
“Father Ralph, I'm dying, I have cancer.”
“It's already half a year since it started, Father Ralph.” I have terrible pains in my stomach, but not because I feel sick, and ... oh, Father Ralph ... so much blood flows!
Father Ralph threw up his head sharply, during confessions this never happened, he looked at her shyly lowered head, seized by a storm of contradictory feelings, and could not collect his thoughts at all. Ridiculous, joyful relief, wild anger at Fiona [author: mother of the girl] - he was ready to kill her, awe, admiration - such a little one and so bravely kept on, and immeasurable, ineffable embarrassment ...
“You are not dying, Maggie, and you have no cancer.” I should not have explained this to you, but I will explain it better. Your mother should have told you everything long ago, prepared you in advance, I won’t mind why she didn't do that.
To avoid this situation, mothers need to start a conversation on time, in advance - when their daughter is about ten years old (because modern girls start puberty earlier than, for example, twenty years ago).
Another mistake of adult women is that they start from their past experience and begin to enlighten their child at the age when they themselves learned about their period. However, each organism is individual, and in such a delicate matter one cannot be guided by a single heredity.
In general, mom should listen to her feminine intuition, as well as observe the external changes in the girl's body. So, the following signs will be signal:
- Soaring body.
- Enlargement of mammary glands.
- The appearance of hair in the armpits and pubis.
- Acne on the face, increased oily skin.
- Changes in the psyche, behavior: the girl becomes sharper, more irritable (the effect of hormones affects).
- Periodic weak cramping abdominal pain.
How to successfully organize a conversation
Intimate conversation is important to start correctly. No need to do it very sharply (right to the point). If you tear the girl away from any occupation, sit in front of her and seriously declare that she is now learning something very important, the child can simply withdraw into herself or subconsciously perceive the information negatively.
Incorrectly chosen moment can spoil the whole important conversation.
It is best to choose a time when the mother and daughter are alone at home, the girl is not particularly busy with anything and is surely in a good mood. Alternatively, you can talk during a walk, for example, in a cozy park or a park where there are no people nearby.
It’s good to start a conversation with a discussion of related topics, for example, to notice how the daughter has changed lately (she seemed prettier, more adult), and then smoothly move on to the topic that concerns her mother.
A woman must also provide for a soft tone of conversation, a facial expression (no need to make too serious a face), gestures.
The right tone, smile, tactile contact are the keys to a successful conversation with the child.
An interesting trick - initially to cause the curiosity of the girl: for example, show the gasket and ask “Do you know what it is? You wonder why this is necessary? ”.
You can cause the initial interest of his daughter, showing her gasket
What aspects to pay attention to, and what not to emphasize
To build a conversation about menstruation is good according to a well-thought-out plan, for example, to use this option:
- Stages of child development, the difference in the constitution of a girl and a girl. Here it is worthwhile to activate the already existing knowledge of the daughter: let her tell all that she already knows, and ask what interests her.
- What is the menstruation, her harbingers of the girl. Time to start menarche (first menstruation). Cycle length
- Features personal hygiene during critical days, which cannot be done during critical days.
- Possible problems associated with menstruation (for example, its long absence). It is important to focus on nutrition. After all, many teenage girls inadequately assess their appearance and begin to exhaust themselves with diets. This leads to a violation of the cycle.
It is not necessary to immediately "lay out" the entire amount of information. The conversation can be carried out in 2–3 stages. It is very good to use your own experience: to tell about your experiences in the same period.
A daughter must understand that her period is a completely natural process that marks the transformation of a girl into a girl.. And in the strength of the mother to present everything in such a way that the child will not only not be afraid of the first blood, but will wait for this event as a holiday.
In the strength of the mother to inspire the girl that the monthly is a joyful event in life
It is very important to explain to the girl that menarche happens at different ages. And if her classmates already have critical days, this in no way means that they are better and more mature.
In this regard, I remember my classmate Julia. Up to grade 9, the girl was short and had a “childish” physique. She had not yet had monthly periods (she herself admitted this), which caused the ridicule of many other, more “adult” contemporaries. After grade 9, Julia left school and I have not seen her for several years. What was my surprise when one day at a graduate meeting I saw a tall busty girl (she later became a mother of two children). So the late onset of menstruation does not at all indicate a lack of femininity and inadequate reproductive function.
There are things that it is better not to touch in the first talk about menstruation, so as not to cause unnecessary fears in the girl:
- Possible very painful sensations during critical days. Here it is possible to carry stories about travails.
- Deepening in issues of sexual intercourse, loss of virginity, sexually transmitted diseases. Of course, all this is very important, but it is a topic for a separate conversation, which is not yet 10–11 years old. If the girl has any questions from this area, the mother does not need to leave the answer, blush, and briefly explain in the language available to the age, without going into details.
At 7 or 8 years old, my sister told me everything, took a biology textbook for the 9th grade, and in the pictures she told and showed everything. It was very interesting. Do not hesitate to tell your girls about it, they took a picture book, the textbook in my opinion is the thing that was told and given to study (it will be much more interesting to study without you), and then it will be incomprehensible to ask later. Well this is physiology, you need to know.
I explained that absolutely all girls, girls and women have menstruation. They appear when the body matures, from now on, when they appear, the girl becomes even more beautiful, more mature and accordingly more responsible. And they will always, once a month. And when menstruation appears for the first time - it is a holiday for the whole family. I did not go into details, but I clearly assured that it was not painful and not scary. And showed what beautiful gaskets are sold, and she will choose them. In general, we barely waited for menstruation. A small 3 years old - also knows approximately that such a phenomenon exists, and this is the norm.
I have no daughter (I have a son). But I remember myself. When I was 12 years old, my parents took me off the game and started this topic. Everything was decorous, calm, with all the right words. But ... if I had a daughter, I would know that: 1) you need to wait for the right moment, the mood of the girl, so that she is calm and serious, 2) categorically exclude dad from the conversation, even if the relationship is wonderful, it is not his a business. I now correctly perceive everything, but I remember my teenage feelings. It was disgusting for a long time, although I did not show it. Mommy, you were once girls ... remember yourself.
Buy an encyclopedia for girls with pictures. Sit together, consider, read. Children often believe in the authority of books more ... Mine is not yet 8, but we have already studied many questions about the “Sexual Encyclopedia for Girls 7–9 years old” ... And clearly, and accessible, and the words do not need to search. And even look in the eyes, shy, too. For girly it will be very important ...
My just clearly ached a bit lower abdomen and irritability appeared, pimples on the forehead. It was 11 years old. Once again, when she complained that her stomach was aching, I told her everything, because of what it could be. Showed how the pads look and how to use them and put one in the briefcase just in case. And I was not mistaken, after a week somewhere began.
Modern children grow up early, and many important aspects of life and health are learned on the street, from TV and the Internet. Therefore, mother should hurry up and talk in time with her daughter about her period. This should be done delicately by choosing the right moment and highlighting all the important questions for this topic.
Warned - it means everything is in order!
It is not enough to tell that menstruation occurs in almost all women, it is also necessary to explain to the daughter how they go with adolescents. It is necessary to warn her that at first the cycle can be lost and the menstruation will be uneven. On the website of Dr. Komarovsky there is information that in the first year after the menarche the cycle can be from 20 to 90 days. The installation of the cycle can take six months, even a year or two, you should not worry about this. In order to estimate the number of days between regulations, you need to keep a calendar. It is enough to buy a small copy for the girl and ask her to mark the dates when her critical days begin.
Sometimes a mother thinks that her daughter is a child and is not interested in the opposite sex - even in this case, she should be the first to touch on the topic of a possible pregnancy. Explain that menstruation means the possibility of becoming pregnant, but does not mean that the body is ready to bear the child. A girl who has already begun her period should be responsible for her body and her life.
What is not worth talking about?
You can talk about regulations in your own words, and also build a conversation according to your own ideas. However, do not frighten the child and tell the young girl about any complications that are quite possible:
- You can not limit the time of the onset of the first menstruation (menarche) hard frame. A girl who did not have menstruations at 13 will assume that she has any abnormalities. It is better to wait a bit and consult with the pediatric gynecologist.
- It is not necessary to prepare your daughter in advance for the fact that menstruation is painful, otherwise she will build up her fear in anticipation. You can also not give them too little importance, saying that menstruation passes unnoticed. This process is physiological, it is worth preparing for it in advance, but not giving up your habits.
- You can not talk about menstruation as if their offensive - this is something shameful, which should be silent. In contrast, monthly menstruation is a normal process occurring with every woman. At the same time, it is possible to talk about them only with close people, without giving out intimate details to the public.
Talk to your child frankly to prepare him for new circumstances. It is not necessary to postpone the conversation indefinitely, because it is better if the girl learns about her monthly from her mother than from someone else. Such conversations strengthen relationships, help parents better understand their child. It is very important not to lose contact with him, especially on the threshold of a complex and interesting teenage period.
At what age do you need to tell your daughter about menstruation
Now children grow up earlier than previous generations, the onset of menstruation is no exception. Parents often delay in talking about menstruation, believing that the girl is not mature enough for this topic. Indeed, each girl is individual, therefore the age at which to start a conversation depends on several factors:
- Monthly periods can occur in a girl even at the age of 10, which is not a pathology, therefore the conversation should be started in advance. Parents should pay attention to changes in the character, behavior of the child, the appearance of secondary sexual characteristics.
- When a girl takes an active interest in the physiology of her body.
If a young girl asks a question herself, then she should not shy away from the answer. It is necessary to calmly explain the whole situation, depending on the age of the child. There is no shame in talking about puberty of your own child, because it is better if a girl finds out about her period from the mouth of the closest person. Now there are quite a lot of commercials, information on the Internet, which indirectly refers to the monthly and hygiene products, so the child usually shows interest and asks the question independently. The task of the parent is not to alienate the child, but to talk thoroughly on this topic.
How to talk to a girl about menstruation
Monthly girl can come early enough, so parents should be ready for this conversation. Some of them can not find the right words, especially if we are talking about such delicate issues. But if you start a conversation, the words often come by themselves, because the child is actively beginning to ask their questions. For convenience of explanation, you can stock up on additional literature and videos, which clearly depicts the whole process of transformation of the body during puberty.
Anatomical features of the female body
The girl needs to be told about what changes occur in her body at the time of the formation of the menstrual function. The body enters puberty, the girl becomes a woman capable of carrying and bearing a child. The mammary glands begin to form, the first hair appears in the armpits, on the pubis, the hair on the legs darkens. A girl may be ashamed to come up and ask about it, especially if there is no trusting and warm relationship between the child and the parent, so it’s important for a loved one not to miss the right time to talk.
What is the menstrual cycle and its role in the life of a woman
In general, it is necessary to convey to the child that menstruations are not pathologies, but represent a normal process that is repeated every month. The menstrual cycle in the first half creates all conditions for the onset of pregnancy. In the middle of the cycle, ovulation occurs when the egg leaves the ovary and is ready for fertilization. During this period, the girl may have pain in the lower abdomen, it is important to seek help from parents or a doctor to find out the cause of these unpleasant sensations. If fertilization has not occurred in ovulation, then the inner layer of the uterus is removed as unnecessary, which is manifested in monthly bleeding in the girl.
It is necessary to achieve an understanding of the girl that menstrual blood is a favorable environment for the development of the infectious process; therefore, it is very important to follow the rules of hygiene during this period. It is necessary to wash the genitals outside at least 2-3 times a day, you can use additional tools for intimate hygiene. During menstruation, you should not use soap (if it is not childish) when washing the genital organs, because the mucous membrane is susceptible to dryness under the influence of hormones these days, and alkali in the soap composition can aggravate the process and lead to overdrying of tissues. It is desirable to change the gaskets in 3-4 hours, and not as it is filled. Monthly blood begins to decompose, causing, in addition to an unpleasant odor, a high likelihood of the occurrence of inflammatory diseases of the reproductive sphere.
How to prepare a girl for the first monthly
Половое созревание является переломным периодом для девочки, ведь психологически организм не приспособлен к изменениям, происходящим в организме. Беседу о первой менструации с девочкой нужно проводить до ее наступления. Если дочь не будет подготовлена к первой менструации, то, увидев кровь на белье, может наступить шоковое состояние для организма, полная растерянность. Этот негативный опыт способен сказаться даже на личной жизни в последующем.
What to do if school started period
Mom should instill in the child confidence that in the case of the onset of menstruation within the school can and should seek help. This is not at all embarrassing: the process is the natural state of the female body, each woman finds herself in a similar situation when her period began at an unexpected moment. You can go to the school nurse, who probably has intimate hygiene, a teacher or a classmate. To prevent such situations, you can put in each bag on the gasket. This will avoid awkward moments.
When to start a conversation
An attentive mother is obliged to prepare the child for this day in advance. But not everyone knows how to tell your daughter about the monthly most correctly. What should I talk about and how to do it as tactfully as possible. Critical days can begin in girls at a very early age, up to 8 years. Puberty can be both early and late. The sexual development of children depends on various physiological reasons, but regardless of age, the onset of menstruation is always accompanied by a change in the appearance of the girl.
The changes that have occurred, as well as unstable hormones, can negatively affect the well-being of her daughter, so every mother should prepare for the menstrual cycle in advance to be ready to answer all the questions of interest.
The main signs of the approaching menstruation:
- the shape changes, the chest begins to grow,
- hair begins to grow, in places where they were not there before,
- acne, acne or dandruff appear,
- sweating appears
- due to the active work of the glands, the hair on the head begins to get dirty faster.
Preparing a child for conversation
How to explain to a child what a period is, every mother should know. With the help of a conversation on such a delicate topic, it is possible to prevent the appearance of complexes and safeguard against early pregnancy. That is why it is very important to clearly explain to the girl that menstruation is a natural physiological process, which should not be shy, but at the same time be extremely careful. At this time, the body begins to rebuild, as is the preparation for future motherhood. Moms should prepare for the conversation in advance.
The conversation should be confidential and at the same time fully disclose all the nuances.
- Psychologists are advised to begin a conversation with a child at the age of 10 years. Information should be accessible and easily perceived. At this age, you do not need to talk in detail about the anatomy of the female body. Suffice it to say that the daughter will soon become a girl, because she will have menstruation, pubic hair will appear and her breast will begin to grow.
- At 12–13 years old, girls can be given more specific information about the structure of the female body. Start a conversation better with the study of the anatomy of the female body. All information should be clear and accessible. For convenience, you can use the medical book manual with pictures.
- During the conversation it is better to focus on your own experience, to talk about your feelings and experiences.
- In order to interest the child, you can include a science film for children or a teaching cartoon. Thus the easiest way to organize the learning process. The main thing is to watch the video together to explain incomprehensible moments or to answer questions of interest.
- It is imperative to mention that menstruation lasts from 3 to 5 days, as well as the importance of tracking the menstrual cycle.
What should be emphasized in the conversation
When speaking, particular attention should be paid to the following important points that all teenagers should know:
- In medicine, normal is considered a regular menstrual cycle, which occurs after the same number of days every month. The first few years the cycle may be irregular. There are also a number of reasons due to which the cycle can be lost, for example, stress, climate change, and weight lifting. Such situations should be avoided because it is dangerous for health.
- The stability of the menstrual cycle is greatly influenced by the nutrition of a teenager. In order to lose weight as quickly as possible, many girls at this age become interested in diets. It is important to explain to the child that an unbalanced diet, in which there are no fats and carbohydrates necessary for the body, can provoke a change in the cycle and harm health. To avoid problems, parents should talk about proper nutrition and carefully monitor their daughter's diet.
- It is very important to know how to tell the girl about her period, because this is an important sign of the maturation of the reproductive system. This means that any sexual intercourse without the use of contraceptives can lead to pregnancy.
Will it hurt when menstruation occurs?
This question is best answered as accurately as possible in order to warn the child in advance. Almost all women in the first days of menstruation experience discomfort in the form of aching spasmodic pain in the lower abdomen. This is considered a normal physiological phenomenon. In those cases when the menstrual pain is too strong, it is better to go to an appointment with a gynecologist.
What if menstruation starts in school or any other public place?
It is necessary to prepare in advance for the appearance of regul and always carry with them a few gaskets. If the girl did not have them, you can go to the school first-aid post and ask the nurse. You can use bandages and cotton wool. If you feel unwell and have abdominal pains, it is better to take time off from your teacher at home.
Many girls and even adult women are afraid to visit a gynecologist, which can lead to extremely negative health consequences. Therefore, it is the responsibility of each mother to instill a habit in her daughter not to be afraid of this specialist and to visit him regularly.
There are mothers who do not take their daughters to see a doctor, because she is a virgin. It is not right. If a girl does not live sexually, she is examined through the rectum. Therefore, it is necessary to undergo a regular inspection of all.
How exactly to tell the girl about her period, and what time for this to choose, each mother knows for herself. It should be remembered that a confidential conversation with a child will help in the future to avoid many health problems. Therefore, do not be shy and take time. Every girl should know what is menstruation and how to behave with her appearance.