How to mount jumpers in the doorway
Very often there are disputes on the topic: "Jumps for and against." Komarovsky Yevgeny Olegovich (famous pediatrician) speaks out on this point unequivocally. Unlike many mothers and generous relatives, among whom there is an opinion that jumpers are the most successful gift for the birth of a baby, he has no doubts.
What are jumpers?
Jumpers or children's developmental simulator is a structure that is fixed in the doorway. At the expense of rubber holders, the child can bounce and swing in different directions. To do this, it is enough for him to push off with legs from the floor.
This entertainment, as a rule, causes stormy delight in the baby, and mother frees her hands. Thus, she can do some household chores while the kid is having fun at her mini-attraction. Many parents choose jumpers as a child’s entertainment. The price of this product is low, and then you can donate or sell them, because the period of use of jumpers is not long, and during this period of time they will not lose their presentable appearance.
At what age do parents think about purchasing jumpers?
The average age when adults place a child in jumpers is 3-4 months.
If the child is confidently holding the head for 2 months, then you can try to put him in jumpers, but only after consulting with a pediatrician, orthopedist and a neurologist.
If you listen to the advice of a well-known pediatrician, then in his video, where he discusses the topic “Walkers, jumpers: pro and con,” Komarovsky does not give a clear answer at what age you can resort to these devices. At the same time, he clearly formulates the idea that the time that the child will spend in them should be minimal.
But most often this educational simulator for children is recommended after 4 months. For this age, select models that have devices for support in the armpits.
If the child is more than 6 months old, he can already buy other jumpers, the age is just such that the model will fit without support.
Experts who are in favor of the jumpers recommend starting their use when the crumb already knows how to hold toys in their hands, tries to manipulate them and tries to actively learn about the surrounding reality.
Why buy jumpers?
Jumpers for children are usually acquired in order to entertain a child. In fact, this desire is hidden meaning. Adults rush time, they want the baby to quickly stand on its feet and could contemplate the world in an upright position.
Naturally, we, adults, are both more familiar and more comfortable, so it seems to us that the child is both more interesting and more useful for overall development.
Plus, this is a talking name that is also misleading - “a developmental simulator for children.” What mother does not want her child to develop physically? And for this, she is ready to use jumpers, the price of which does not bite compared to many educational toys?
The main arguments of manufacturers in favor of jumpers
- Jumping helps your baby to learn to go straight ahead.
- The little explorer begins to realize that he can control his movements, adjust the speed and acceleration of his jumps.
- During the "lessons" on the developing simulator, the muscles of the legs and back are strengthened.
- Considering the question “jumpers for and against”, Komarovsky mentions the very first and important advantage of this invention - the free hands of the mother.
- During the child's stay in the jumpers, his vestibular apparatus develops, coordination of movements improves.
- The hands of the child while free in jumpers are free, and he can still do some useful work, for example, to rub a rough object in his hands.
- Jumping leads the child to indescribable delight, because this new position allows him to make new discoveries and explore the world while standing.
- In jumpers, the child is protected from dangerous objects.
Variety of models
Today the market for children's products offers a huge number of jumpers of various designs. Models differ from each other in ways of fastening, a design of a seat, spring elements. This factor can be attributed to the fact that encourages parents to acquire jumpers.
The most popular in the market of children's products - the so-called VIP-models, which include 3 functions: jumpers, swing, bungee. Their main advantage is that the child’s age for this developmental simulator is up to 2 years, unlike the classical model.
When jumpers can not be used categorically?
Despite the fact that there is no unequivocal opinion about the benefits or harms of this entertainment, there are a number of situations where jumpers for children are prohibited. You should pay special attention to this in order not to harm your baby.
- You can not put a child in the jumpers, when his skin is inflamed where there is close contact with the elements of the product.
- If the kid does not hold his head, such entertainment is not for him.
- It is strictly forbidden to use jumpers when a child has a disorder in the field of neurology and orthopedics.
Dear doctor against jumpers
In a remarkable video on the topic “Walkers-jumpers: Pros and Cons”, Komarovsky very intelligibly explains the harm of “verticalizing” devices for children. These include jumpers and walkers.
The most important and convincing argument is this. First, the child must know himself and the world around him in a horizontal position. Nature laid down that kids first learn to crawl, and then stand and walk. And this is no accident.
Everything in the baby is "planned" by nature. She protects the not fully formed children's spine from the large load that jumpers have on it.
In addition, during crawling, muscles and ligaments of the back are formed, which later will become a guarantee of healthy upright walking.
More arguments opponents jumpers
Not only Dr. Komarovsky against the use of children's developmental simulator. Many pediatricians also come up with thoughts about the dangers of using jumpers.
- There is a violation of muscle tone when the child is put in jumpers. The photo of the child in this position clearly shows that a squeeze occurs in the crotch area.
- If the adults do not control the time the child stays in the jumpers, a long load creates a large load on the legs. In the future, this may result in deformity of the leg bones and even lead to a curvature of the spine.
- Jumpers create obstacles to the development of the foot, the transition to standing on a full foot is erased, thus making it difficult to develop a sense of balance.
- "Jumping", the child becomes accustomed to the fact that he relies on both feet, this may lead to problems in learning to walk.
Observe safety measures.
If the choice is made and I wanted to buy jumpers for the child, the photos of the happy children in this device do not give rest, and I want to please my baby, then we must observe a number of security measures. This will minimize all risks.
- Limit the time the child is in jumpers. It should be no more than 15 minutes at a time. You can “jump” several times a day.
- When the child has not yet learned to sit, then to reduce the load on the spine, the baby’s posture is fixed with special straps that stretch with the armpits. When the spine is stronger, it will be possible to remove these straps.
- Before letting the kid “in free jumping”, it is worth checking the availability of the edges of the furniture, about which the child may be injured during an accidental collision with them.
It can be seen that opinions about the harm and benefits of jumpers diverge, but it is necessary to treat everything, listening to common sense. After all, a child can grow up healthy and strong in jumpers, and may have a lot of health problems if he has never been put in either jumpers or walkers. Everything is very individual, and it is worthwhile to focus only on your baby and on the state of his health today.
Tip 1: How to secure the jumpers
The classic version is to fix the jumpers on the dowel, driven into the doorway. It is on the dowel, and not on the nail, be it huge the most durable. In addition, the doorway should not be plasterboard, and should have a sufficient width to allow the child to swing in different directions. There is one more thing, which is not very convenient in this case: sometimes the doorway has a threshold, which makes the movement of the baby difficult and increases the possibility of injury.
The second option is to hang the jumpers on the hook intended for the chandelier. At the same time, it is necessary to check the fastening for durability, in order to avoid an accident again, as the kid jumps in jumpers with very decent strength. The most tried and tested method is a father, who checks the reliability of fastening with his own weight. This method is remarkable in that it creates true freedom of movement, and the goal of the jumpers is precisely this.
The third option - fix the jumpers on the crossbar of the sports wall. There are walls that hold onto the dowels hammered into the wall, there are options on the struts from floor to ceiling. In any case, they are very reliable and will ensure the safe movement of the baby.
Using the latest idea, place in the apartment a special mobile beam, metal or wooden, on which you could hang durable hooks. This design is convenient because if you wish, you can easily move the simulator or, on the contrary, push it to the desired distance from the wall. On such a beam, later, you can also attach a swing for children, it is very convenient and most importantly - safe.
Fix the jumpers so that the child touches the floor with bent legs. Then he can straighten them, push off and jump. Close all fasteners tightly. Place your baby's hands on underarm rollers, this will reduce the load on the spine.
Tip 2: How to fix the dowel
Drilling a hole in the wall and screwing the screw is easy enough, but over time it can loosen and tritely fall out of the wall. The wall material does not have strength, the spacer puts pressure, you drill a hole in the seam of the brickwork or you add more sand to the mortar than cement — all of these are the reasons dowel does not want to stay in his place.
Mount to the wall only those items that she can withstand. Sometimes it is enough to drill a hole, increase its diameter, and mount dowel and self-tapping screw with the same diameter.
If you have to hang a heavier object, then iron dowel. It is better apart and more secure. When screwing dowels into tile surfaces, their ends can twist along their own axis. To avoid such trouble, enter first dowel. then screw in the screw.
If you work with a hollow wall surface, then fill the hole with mineral mass diluted with water. First drill a hole, bring its diameter to a diameter of 10 mm. Now stick a mesh cartridge across to hold the mass of the filled hole. The mass will dry over time, the screw will not rust in it. Screw it into the young mass before it has yet had time to harden.
Masters are often used as a filler for the holes of dowels a lot of synthetic resin. Even nails hold well in such fillers. Synthetic resin is quite plastic. Enter it into a narrow hole in minimal portions, helping yourself with a suitable object, for example, a thin ballpoint pen.
You can use a two-component filling mass. Epoxy glue works well if you mix it with wooden sawdust. Roll up elastic balls so that they easily enter the hole. Now fill them with a tight spot for nails. Dip the nail in the watery candle wax, then stick it into the sealing compound. After 12 hours, the mass mixed with epoxy glue will harden, and you remove the nail without any obstacles.
If you come across a wall made of soft building material, use a duralumin profile during the drilling process. Attach it tightly to the wall to avoid displacement. Use a six millimeter drill to work with a five millimeter hole in the profile. Ensure that the drill does not become at an angle relative to the wall during operation.
Tip 3: How to fix weight
The main problem after the diet is to consolidate the result. It would seem that you have achieved the desired effect, changed your wardrobe, but after a while the weight began to return. How to deal with this problem?
First, it is necessary to limit the use of foods that have a high glycemic index. These include various sweets, products of fast foods, flour products. Discard them. But if you really want to treat yourself to tasty food, eat such foods in small portions in the morning, preferably in the morning. Then they will not be deposited on your waist.
Refuse fatty meats, smoked meats, mayonnaise and purchased sauces. Eat more green vegetables, sour fruits, yogurts. From protein foods, choose lean meats, dairy, legumes and grains.
Do not forget about exercise. Try to burn as many calories as possible during the day. The fact that you visit the pool or gym twice a week is great. But besides this, try to move more in the office and just outside. Walk two or three stops to work in quick steps, in the evening also get out of public transport early and stroll through the park. Do not use the elevator, accustom yourself to climb the stairs easily. At work, do not sit at a desk without movement. Perform breathing exercises, slight bends and turns of the head, move your arms. Instead of e-mailing a document to the next room, do not be lazy to walk.
In the morning, be sure to perform exercises on the press. It will improve your figure, will give a charge of cheerfulness to weight b day. If you have a home treadmill, pull it out of a dark corner and place it in the room. In the evening, do not lie down on the sofa to watch a movie, but sit on an exercise bike and combine business with pleasure.
Weekend spend in motion. Go to the forest for mushrooms. attend exhibitions or shop. So you not only distract yourself from the fridge with the products, but also support your weight fine .
Look at yourself in the mirror more often, admire your new figure. Remember that this will continue until you watch your diet.
Tip 4: From what age can you use baby jumpers
Children's jumpers are a popular educational simulator that allows you to strengthen the vestibular apparatus and the muscles of a small athlete. However, not many parents know at what age jumpers can be used. The increased risk of injuries and a large load on the spine, the baby’s legs — all these factors indicate that it is necessary to select a new toy for a boy or girl with full responsibility.
Developing jumpers are mounted in the doorway, but today are sold and accessories, which are a holistic design. Often you can buy and products combined with swings. Children's jumpers are a great find for strengthening the coordination of movements, the whole body of a baby. A crumb with their help can happily jump, turn, stand, learning the world.
Some manufacturers label jumpers as a product intended for children from 2-3 months. However, for a fragile organism, the use of jumpers can be a real challenge. Therefore, pediatricians traditionally advise buying products not earlier than six months since the birth of a baby. It is at this time that the child can confidently hold his head, sit.
Ideally, before choosing a jumper model, you should consult with your doctor. If this is not possible, when purchasing a design, pay attention to age and weight values. After all, all children are different, therefore it is required to acquire developmental simulators for them individually.
It is necessary to start using jumpers from just a couple of minutes a day, gradually the time interval can be increased. But in any case it is not recommended to leave the baby in the seat alone, without adult supervision. If the crumb still does not walk independently, it is unsure, it is advisable to let him have fun in jumpers for no more than 20 minutes in a row.
It is possible to choose a simulator for the smallest ones if the design provides for soft rollers that will support the child during movement. Such jumpers are suitable for children 3-4 months. However, you should consider the level of development of the baby, if he doesn’t hold his head and back badly, the purchase of jumpers should be put off for a while.
It is impossible to use jumpers without consulting a specialist if children are diagnosed with diseases of a neurological or orthopedic nature. Also, do not put the child in the simulator seat, if he is very tired or sick, there is a fever. Be sure to check if the chair is rubbing against the handle, the legs of the crumbs. Обратите внимание на надежность креплений, амортизатора, распорки.
Отрегулировать прыгунки по высоте нужно так, чтобы ребенок определенного возраста мог поставить ноги полностью стопами на пол, а его колени были немного согнутыми. Обычно заканчивать или ограничивать применение прыгунков для детей рекомендуется в то время, когда малыш уже начинает активно ползать.
Не оставляйте малыша в прыгунках без присмотра. Do not let is in jumpers for more than 30 minutes. When choosing jumpers, please note that they must adjust the size of the support so that there is no load on the baby’s spine. Otherwise, instead of a developing simulator, you get a traumatic toy.
Put the shoes on the baby’s feet and spread the rug. Put the baby in jumpers one hour before meals or one hour after meals.
Related posts on the topic “why jump jumpers?”
Does a child need walkers, jumpers or reins?
Does a child need walkers, jumpers or reins?
Pets issued to the bailiffs of his father, who owed alimony
Celebrate World Breastfeeding Week: figures and facts about HB
Unusual names that were given to children in the summer in Russia
A bit of theory: jumpers - what's this?
Many could watch the cutest picture, like a rosy cheek-headed pooch, sitting in a special device, pushed off with her legs and bouncing merrily. This kind of simulator - jumpers for the child, consisting of a seat and special rubber bands / springs.
- As a rule, with the help of these holders the structure itself is fixed in the doorway - this is what the traditional version of the popular jumpers looks like,
- A child planted with this construction can sway in them, jump up and amuse themselves in every way while the household is busy with household chores,
- The secret of the jumpers is that they do not need to be specially taught to them - the child, following the innate reflexes, rests on the legs and automatically tries to push off from the floor surface,
- These products are inexpensive in price, and therefore are available to almost every family. Of course, the cost is determined by how functional the jumpers are - they can be the simplest or - combining several functions.
A variety of jumpers is amazing, but they are all divided into several types that are easy to distinguish between themselves. They may have:
- Different type of spring element jumper - rubber band or metal spring. The first is cheaper and stretches better, the second is stronger,
- Different way of mounting the jumper in the doorway: clamp, nail, hook. Products attached to a hook or nail are simpler and more accessible than their “fancy” counterparts. But they are not suitable for those who do not have house trim or who do not want to drive nails into the walls. Special clamps are not suitable for all doors, they need strong protruding trim,
- Jumper, mounted on a stand or legs, more mobile, it can be used both at home and outside it. More expensive models have educational tables or other game elements, but they are not suitable for small apartments. it is difficult to call such jumpers compact,
- The device of the seat in different types of jumpers may also differ. Light and compact seat-panties do not have special elements to hold the child's body, but their more massive counterparts are equipped with a circular bumper that can securely hold the baby.
Jumping: the opinion of "for"
Of course, parents are not only concerned with questions concerning the age at which a boy or girl can jump. Moms and dads are actively interested in the opinions of those who support the use of jumpers and those who do not recommend them at all. Supporters of the invention, so facilitating the life of the modern mother, believe that:
- joyful child, having fun in jumpers - these are happy moments for the whole family,
- jumpers develop the vestibular apparatus of the small "astronaut" and improve coordination in space,
- free hands of the mother - a pledge of home comfort, with jumpers it is easier to bring up the baby,
- sluggish, "lazy" kids have the opportunity to stir, moving in a kind of simulator,
- sitting in jumpers, the baby can not only train their muscles, but also expand their own horizons, develop intellectually,
- The use of jumpers in combination with massage and gymnastics in some cases is recommended by pediatricians for those children who have problems with health or development.
Opinion: Important Information
I, as a consultant for the development and education of infants, adhere to the opinion that jumpers do not NEED a child.
And no matter what my mother asks me: is it possible for a girl to jump, or how much a boy can be put in the jumpers, my answer is unequivocal - it is not necessary.
In more detail about the intricacies of raising a child up to a year, I tell my Beloved Kid in the course >>> You will get a complete idea of what age periods in development a child goes through, how not to raise a child spoiled and what must be done so that the child grows healthy, contented and smart.
And here are the arguments against jumpers:
- Crawling is the best simulator for an active kid, and visible activity in jumpers is not enough for full development,
- Injuries associated with the use of jumpers lurk the child everywhere: he may hit the door jamb or may fall out of the jumpers if the design is not sufficiently reliable,
- Fear of the lower limbs and the spine is well founded - excessive loads can cause curvature,
- Though muscles develop, they are not at all those that are necessary for proper walking. Interesting article: A child walks on socks: reasons >>>
- Often the baby’s dependence on the source of fun - he may not be interested in other activities,
- At an early age it is important that the child crawls a lot and touches various objects with his hands; it is great to develop not only the body but also the baby’s brain.
General recommendations and contraindications
Only the correct use of jumpers will not harm the baby’s body. First of all, it concerns the time spent in them. The strict limit is no more than 20 minutes a day, no matter how much you want to prolong the pleasure of the child! In addition, there are points, observing which, must be strictly followed:
- the first “flight” should be only after all security measures have been taken: the sharp edges of nearby objects and other sources of injury have been eliminated,
- It is strictly forbidden to put a baby in jumpers, if there is even slight inflammation on the skin in contact with the material of the construction,
- the child does not hold his head and can not bend his back? Then the jumpers should be removed until a later time, until the crumb grows up. Actual article about when the child begins to hold his head >>>
- Any neurological or orthopedic diagnosis in a baby also puts a taboo on the use of jumpers.
Jumping: instructions for use
If you read all the above arguments decided to purchase this accessory, then carefully read the information that I have collected for you. Everyone has their own experience, so I do not exclude the fact that you will find some benefit in using jumpers. My three children grew up without this device, and neither they nor I have any regrets about it.
Going to the store for jumpers, you must immediately decide which of the above models will fit your apartment. To avoid problems, we offer information on how to choose jumpers, fix and use them correctly.
- First of all, evaluate whether a small person needs jumpers.
Perhaps he is not yet ready for long-term motor activity and is not yet keen to learn the world so actively,
- If the decision has already been made, then it is necessary to remember that for a child who has reached 4-5 months, you should pick up such jumpers that fix the baby in the armpits area. For half-year peanuts fit products without such support,
- Having chosen a jumper suitable for the age, you need to decide which fastening is acceptable for your apartment.
Strong walls withstand mounting on nails or hook. The latter can be mounted in the ceiling, which will allow to place the jumpers not only in the doorway, but also in any other place convenient for parents. If you do not want to spoil the walls, and the thickness of the platbands is sufficient, you can buy jumpers on the clamp. This structure should be fixed with a special bracket, adjusting it to a certain thickness,
Attention! An important point: after the jumpers are fixed in any available way, we check them for reliability. To do this, it is enough to create a slight pressure with your weight - so we will find out whether the jumpers will sustain the body weight of the baby.
Are jumpers ready for use? Before you use them for the first time, adjust the height, focusing on the growth of the child.
Important! baby's feet do not hang above the floor, but stand firmly on it!
- In order that he did not slide on the floor, he should wear special shoes or socks with rubberized inserts, in addition, a rubber mat under the legs would be an excellent option,
- A child in jumpers should always remain in the field of view of parents, in no case should he be left alone,
- The duration of use should not exceed 20 minutes during the day, but should begin with a few minutes, gradually increasing the time interval
- It will also be useful to know that immediately after eating you should not seat your baby in jumpers, so as not to disturb the digestive processes.
Important to know: the right age.
Many parents are puzzled by the question of using jumpers for children: how old should you start? Someone is guided by the information provided by manufacturers, who declare a minimum age of 3-4 months (find out what should a child be at the age of 4 months? >>>).
But you shouldn’t trust them in a hurry: qualified doctors say the opposite, saying that an early age is not the best time for such experiments. First of all, pediatricians pay attention to the enormous load on the spinal column, which is too weak in a 3–4 month old baby.
In addition, jumpers for such a small child - a source of increased injury. Therefore, summing up all opinions, we can derive the following formula: for an active, physically very developed baby, it is possible to use jumpers at an early (up to 6 months) age, provided that there is a special fixative in the armpit area.
But for most children, the optimal age is considered from six months or more.
Know However, it should be remembered that at this moment the baby must actively crawl, and the use of jumpers can in some way slow down the natural development.
Best of all, if the fashionable device will be used at the moment when the child attempts to walk. This is the best sign that the foot is already able to push off, the leg muscles are sufficiently trained, and the brain has an idea of the vertical position. Find out when a child starts walking >>>
Also, you should pay attention to how vividly the child is interested in the world around him, whether he is drawn to toys, is trying to discover something new for himself.
If it is decided to use the jumpers, one should strictly follow the recommendations given above and try to devote more time to the harmonious development of the child.
Kinds of jumpers: description, photo, video
On sale there are different models of jumpers, which are distinguished by their design and the presence of additional elements:
- Jumpers with a deep seat. Such models consist of a tight seat that reliably fixes the baby in the chest. The simulator is fixed in the doorway with long straps. A child may not hold hands, push off from the floor and jump up. Parents can themselves drive a baby in such a design, if they unfasten the main belt, and with their hands will hold the support bar. Then the jumpers act as reins and the baby learns to walk.
There are models whose seat is made in the form of a car. In such jumpers there is a game panel and a high back to make it easier for the child to sit,
Differences jumpers from other devices
Not only jumpers are popular. Often a child is bought walkers, swings and other devices:
- Walkers - a special device with a soft seat and wheels, with which the child can move around the room. For children who can stand with support, choose a walker that you can push in front of you. Unlike jumpers, walkers do not limit the movement of the child.
- A chaise lounge - a design on a support in the form of a cradle in which the baby can lie. Toys are mounted on top. It is convenient to transfer a chaise lounge from the room to the room, and also to take with itself on a visit. But, unlike jumpers, this device is intended for children from birth to six months.
- Rocking chair - a model resembling a chaise lounge. Suitable for children from the first days of life and up to a year. There are two models: electrical and mechanical. The first ones are fixed on the stand, are regulated by the remote control and have several modes of motion sickness. The second support, as in adult rocking chairs. In this model, parents can independently rock the baby.
- Electric swings are larger in size compared to the chaise longue and rocking chair. They look like home swings, only instead of a seat a special chair or a cradle is fastened on a pedestal, in which the baby is rocked. Swing can be set to a different mode of motion sickness. The seat-cradle is suitable for newborns and children up to six months, in the form of a chair - for children from six months to one and a half years.
At what age do we start using jumpers?
Some models of jumpers are accompanied by instructions, which indicate that the use of the device is allowed for children from three to four months. That is, from the age when the baby learned to hold its head on its own. This applies only to those models that have a deep seat and support the child with the armpits. In other models, you can plant a child not earlier than six months. The maximum age of babies is one and a half years.
Is there a difference in terms for girls and boys
For boys and girls, age is of great importance, from which they can begin to plant jumpers. This is due to the structure of organisms. The boy can be gradually taught from the age of four months. In the fourth month, the boys' spine is very weak, so the load should be minimal. From five months you can gradually increase the time spent in the simulator. With girls in this case more difficult. If it is too early to plant a girl, this can lead not only to complications of the spine, but also to problems with pregnancy in the future. Therefore, the girl is recommended to put in jumpers no earlier than seven months of age.
What experts think: the opinion of doctors
Doctors recommend starting to use jumpers, if the baby already knows how to sit on its own, and ideally, when the child starts to stand or walk with support.
Orthopedists and pediatricians, including Dr. Komarovsky, believe that jumpers create a huge load on the immature spine, so it is recommended to start using them as late as possible. Motivating it by the fact that, at first, the baby must strengthen the muscles and the spine in a horizontal position, that is, it learns how to learn on all fours and crawl. And only then sit down and start to get up at the support. And then you can try to put the baby in jumpers. But doctors are opposed to the baby for a long time was in jumpers. This is because pressure on the perineum occurs. It can lead to a violation of muscle tone in both boys and girls. Therefore, it is better to limit to 15–20 minutes a day, dividing this time into two or three times.
I am deeply convinced that the later the child begins to walk, the later vertical loads on the spine appear, the better. The straightness of a person creates, in contrast to other four-legged mammals, a lot of problems - radiculitis, impairment, curvature, scoliosis, herniation of disks, etc. . Let the child learn to crawl first, let the muscles get stronger, then go and work out in the simulators. Unfortunately, the decisive factor is that I really want it so that the child grows faster. And when the baby went, the parents feel relieved - we are like everyone else ... And it’s nice to boast to my friends: “mine is running at 11 months old”. And then at 20 he will have a back ache ... Summary: I am against jumpers, walkers, seat planners, runners, horses, etc. Born to crawl, of course, cannot fly, but in order to fly high, one must learn to crawl well (I was born in the aphorism, I liked it myself ...). This is a sad law of being, but I do not advise violating it.
Komarovsky E. O.
Early use of jumpers, according to doctors, has its disadvantages:
- The baby has no freedom of action, unlike crawling.
- The child does not get to the full foot, and pushes only on the toes. In the future, this may affect the gait and proper formation of the foot of the baby.
- The risk of injury increases. A baby can hit the door or fall together with the structure if it is not securely installed.
- While in the jumpers, there is a large load on the spine and hip joints of the child. This can lead to their deformation.
- Если ребёнок длительное время регулярно находится в прыгунках, мозг на подсознательном уровне запоминает только такие вертикальные движения. И по мере взросления малышу будет сложно учиться ходить.
Однако, многие родители положительно отзываются о прыгунках, т.к. мама может заняться своими делами и малыш не отвлекает её. Дети, которые постоянно требуют внимания родителей, в прыгунках замечательно отвлекаются: новые эмоции, больший обзор пространства, по сравнению с горизонтальным положением. Therefore, if parents prefer such a kind of simulator, it is not necessary to increase the recommended time spent by the kid in jumpers.
Is it possible to put a child in the simulator: the doctor's opinion - video
There are a number of contraindications for the use of jumpers:
- Rash and redness on the skin of the baby. Especially in those places that are in contact with the product.
- Hip dysplasia and other diseases of a neurological or orthopedic nature.
- The baby cannot yet hold its head and back.
How to choose the right jumpers
The health of the child depends on the correct model. After all, fragile parts, unreliable fastenings increase the risk of injury for a little researcher. Therefore, before buying jumpers you should definitely pay attention to the most important points:
- Types of fastening. The simplest models of jumpers are fastened with nails or hooks in the doorway. This is not very convenient, because to move the device to another room, you need to hammer nails in all openings. In addition, the fasteners of this type are not very reliable: during operation, the nails can loosen, fall and the child will fall along with the jumpers.
Safer models are those that are hung on special clips securely fixed in the doorway. In addition, this type of attachment makes it possible to transfer the jumpers to another place.
How to hang the jumpers in the doorway: step by step instructions
The most common type of fastening - hook-ring with a carabiner, which must be attached to the doorway. You will need a drill and a drill, the diameter of which is slightly smaller than a hook-ring.
- Drill a hole in the ceiling with a diameter of 5 cm.
- Insert the dowel into the hole and hammer it.
- Screw the swing hook.
- Connect carabiner with jumpers and hang on a hook.
How to sew children's jumpers with their own hands: step-by-step descriptions, photos and patterns
Some mothers prefer to sew jumpers for their child on their own. However, at home it is not easy to make a secure mount for them. Therefore, to ensure complete safety of the baby, it is better to buy a certified product that has passed all the checks and tests.
The jumper models bought in the store have a rather hard seat. It is made of durable lining material that allows the child to feel comfortable. At home, you can make a seal from sintepon or foam rubber.
Instructions for sewing the seat
For sewing the seat at home you need to prepare:
- calico - 0.6 m
- raincoat fabric - 0.6 m,
- slanting finish for finishing - 2m.
- Before you start cutting, you need to draw a future seat on a piece of paper and cut it out. Before you begin to cut, you need to draw a future seat on a piece of paper and cut it out.
- To make the seat soft and comfortable, cut the first part out of foam rubber. That the seat was soft and comfortable, it is necessary to cut the first part from foam rubber
- Then cut one base from the raincoat fabric. It is necessary to cut one base of raincoat fabric.
- From the coarse calico cut the lower part with a cut-off top-2 pieces, not forgetting to add 1 cm to the seams. From coarse calico need to cut the lower part with a cutting top
- Additionally, cut two more upper parts, from raincoat fabric and coarse calico, adding 2 cm down. Additionally, you need to cut the two upper parts of the raincoat fabric
- Make 5 loops for fixing the seat. Stitch the lower part of the seat with the cutting top, insert the loops and set up. Need to make 5 hooks for fixing the seat
- Then stitch the upper parts of the warp and calico and also insert into the seam the remaining 3 loops, topstitch in the width of the foot. It is necessary to stitch the upper parts of the warp and calico and insert the remaining 3 loops into the seam, set it on the width of the foot
- On the canvas, draw soap lines (for stitching) at the same distance, fold all the layers of the seat: the lower part of the coarse calico, foam rubber and the base of the raincoat fabric. On the canvas, you need to draw soap lines (for stitching) at the same distance, fold all the layers of the seat: the lower part of the coarse calico, foam rubber and the base of the raincoat fabric
- Stabbed with English pins to fix the layers and stitch. For fixing the layers of the seat, they need to be gouged with English pins and stitch
- Stitch the upper trim part out of the coarse calico, bend and lay the retaining stitch along the upper edge. It looks like the seat on top
- Stitch trimming detail to the opposite narrow side of the seat. To the opposite narrow side of the seat need to stitch the trim part of the sheeting
- Slash around the edges of the seat for jumpers. Oblique bead around the edges of the seat for jumpers
- Pin up the bottom edge with pins and stitch on the wrong side. Pin up the bottom edge with pins and sew on the wrong side
When using jumpers follow the rules of operation:
- Carefully inspect the jumpers: the spring damper should be attached to the upper part of the structure, which is mounted in the doorway, and to the lower, higher strut, holding the seat of the product.
- In each model there is a safety sling, it should be threaded in the form of a loop through the adjustment sling. These items must not be removed. Special buckles that secure the strut should be firmly tightened by adjusting the length necessary for the child.
- Determine the method of fastening: if this is a special clip, attach it on either side of the door at the top and fasten the bolts securely so that the jumpers are locked. If the model is attached to the hooks, then first you need to drill holes in the wall on both sides, screw in the self-tapping mount and insert the hook. Then jumpers are hung on the carbine.
How to plant and take out the baby
Before you put the child in the jumpers, you need to make sure that they are fixed. To do this, push down on the seat, swing it in different directions. If the product is fixed securely, you can begin to acquaint the child with a new simulator:
- Be sure to shoe the baby. Doctors recommend that the child jumps only in shoes, this will protect against the formation of the wrong foot.
- Take the baby in your arms and place it on the seat.
- If the model is adjusted by straps, tighten them so that the baby is fixed.
- The hands of the child should be outside the seat. If the model is with rollers, then this element should be in the armpits of the child.
- Adjust the length of the structure. The crumb has to reach with his feet to the floor, and to stand on the surface with his entire foot, and not just with his fingertips.
- Never leave your baby unattended in jumpers.
- As soon as you see that the child is hanging on the seat, the head is leaning to the side, it means the pussy is tired and needs to be removed.
- Carefully take the baby in the armpits and remove it from the seat.
How to teach a child to jump
When a child first appears in jumpers, he may not understand what to do. Some kids get scared and start crying. No need to panic, just worth showing the crumbs how to use the new device. As practice shows, children quickly learn to jump and do not want to interrupt this activity. For a start, you can shake your baby a little so that he feels how the seat moves smoothly. The reflex will force the child to push off from the floor and bounce up and to the side. For more motivation, you can hang a bright toy at the top so that the child tries to jump and reach for it. But it should be remembered that the toy should be soft and without sharp details, so that the baby does not get hurt.
Repair and storage
There are cases when some kind of jumpers fail. If we are talking about mobile models, here only the wizard will help, who will order the necessary part and put it in exchange for the broken one. It is not recommended to repair such constructions by yourself. In models that are suspended in the doorway, you can independently replace the hook or carbine. If the life of the seat has expired, you can also replace it by tailoring yourself.
Models on a support are rather voluminous and can create inconvenience, being constantly in the room. But this is not a problem - they are easy to fold. Just press a special button or lever and the seat goes down. This design can be stored, leaning against the wall, and, if necessary, decompose again.
Suspended models can also be removed without disassembling them completely. It is necessary either to detach the carabiner and remove the design, or unwind the clamp. Then put in a bag or box and store it.
Pros and cons of using jumpers: parents reviews
Our very much)))))). I jumped in the kitchen doorway when I was cooking. Very convenient - the child is pleased (squealed with delight already) and hands are free. I liked it when I began to walk - at 10 months.
I have three children. The youngest is 7 months old. In 6 bought jumpers - how much happiness! Before that, he jumped about 2 months in our hands. The legs and back are strong, and coordination is so-so. Therefore, I safely put in jumpers. Baby like, and my hands are resting.
And we bought jumpers and from 7 months we jump and swing in them! We really like it! Only you need to wear sandals, but sometimes it repels with such force that it becomes scary! I advise everyone! Harm does not cause any, only with the mind you need time to count ...
It is better, of course, to consult a doctor. There may be various contraindications. For example, we were strictly forbidden to plant jumpers and walkers, because the torticollis passed only 5 months later. And in order not to upset the balance achieved so hard - no additional load on the muscles and the spine.
We bought jumpers himself with an orthopedic chair. Wonderful thing. The child is happy, besides, we heard from the doctors only good things about jumpers, because in small quantities (20 minutes 2-3 times a day) they are useful. I just think that you need to plant them when the child is ready. We bought when we were 5 months old, and began to jump in them only at 6.5. It is immediately apparent from the child whether they are comfortable in them.
Children like to jump. They provide them with fun emotions, the ability to stand upright and jump. But do not forget that you can not put the kid to jump for a long time. The opinion of doctors is not unequivocal: some are categorically against the use of jumpers, others do not see much harm in this if there are time limits. However, most experts recommend that parents not put the child in the jumpers until the baby sits on its own. Although on some models, manufacturers and indicate that they can be used for children from three to four months. But it is too early for the baby. A huge load on the spine can lead to abnormal formation of the feet and curvature of the spine. Therefore, it is not worth risking the health of the child.
"FOR" and "AGAINST" jumpers
Attitude to jumpers doctors, specialists in early development and moms are different.
- They give pleasure to the child and the joy of parents at the sight of a laughing child.
- The development of the vestibular apparatus.
- Strengthening the muscles.
- Broadening horizons (the baby sees much more new things than from the floor).
- Increased activity of lethargic children.
- Allow parents to do household chores while the kid is in jumpers.
There are downsides that stop parents before buying this simulator:
- The child is restricted in movement compared to crawling. Only the lower part of the body works, and uniform jerky movements are performed. Despite the apparent activity of movements, the baby receives less stress than when crawling.
- Increased risk of injury. There is a possibility of accents about door jambs and falling out with the wrong selection of the model and poor fixation in the seat.
- Risk of curvature of the lower limbs and spinal column due to excessive stress on weak bones.
- Improper development of muscle tone of the lower extremities. The calf muscles develop, while the load on the main muscle of the walk-quadriceps is negligible.
- The appearance of jumper addiction. When jumping, a child gets an adrenaline rush. He feels a stormy joy from new information and very quickly gets addicted to such pleasure.
- The brain is not developed and not ready for this type of movement, and with each jump it has to process a large amount of information. But this information is useless for the baby’s brain, because further the person does not use this type of movement.
- Repeated repetition of jogging movements may result in this type of movement being fixed in the brain, which will prevent proper formation of walking skills.
- The loss of the slider period leads to an underdevelopment of the arm muscles, which affects not only physical but also mental development (the hand zone in the gray matter of the brain is more than 60% and the legs less than 10%).
The presence of such a large number of dangers when using jumpers is caused by their incorrect use by many parents. Therefore, it is necessary to strictly observe the mode of their use.
How old can you use
Many manufacturers recommend using jumpers from 3-4 months of age (when the child has learned to hold his head), providing such models with additional support in the armpit area.
Most doctors are categorically against such early use of jumpers, since the child’s spine receives an overload during such jumps, which can not only disrupt its development, but also lead to injuries!
The generally accepted "allowed" age for sitting a child in jumpers is 6 months. (the child has already learned to sit down), but this may hinder the development of crawling skills.
The safest from the point of view of influence on the development is the use of jumpers at a time when the child is only trying to walk. That is, his brain is already ready for a vertical position, there are initial skills of repulsion with the whole foot, the muscles of the lower limbs are strong enough and developed. It is at this time that the jumpers will bring not only great joy for the baby, but will contribute to the development of his new skills.
By spring element
- Eraser is used on cheap models, but it wears out more than springs. May cause injury by detachment.
- Springs are more durable. But when choosing jumpers on the springs, it is necessary to pay attention to the springs are covered with a cover in order to avoid pinching the baby's skin.
Criterias of choice
- It is necessary to take into account the types of attachment jumpers based on the capabilities of your apartment: the area of the premises, the presence of strong joints.
- By price. The cost of jumpers varies greatly: from 600 to 2000 rubles for suspended models and up to 3000 to 8000 for mobile models. Often the cost of jumpers increases due to the presence of additional options (developing table, music), not always necessary for the kid. The main thing that should influence the price: the presence of a safety certificate and a well-known manufacturer.
- Since how many months are you planning to use jumpers. Mobile jumpers can be used from 6 months. Suspended jumpers are safe from 9-12 months.
- When choosing hanging jumpers, pay attention to the additional elements in the seat design (wide fixing tapes, the ability to customize the seat to the size of the baby, rollers to support the back) and the presence of a wide strut at the top, which will prevent entanglement of the lines.
- When choosing mobile jumpers, make sure they are stable.
How to secure
Before you buy, specify how the jumpers are attached so that this does not come as a surprise at home.
- If you chose jumpers that are attached to nails, then you need to make sure that the wall that carries the weight of the baby is strong: the wall should not be drywall or fragile. Jumpers can be hung on a dowel or hammer into a wall hook.
- The hook can also be used to attach jumpers to the ceiling, which makes it possible to hang the structure anywhere in the room, and not just in the doorway.
- Clamps, fastened with clips are adapted only for doorways, but they can do without hammering nails and hooks into the walls. The clamp comes with a set of jumpers and is a bracket with adjustment for different wall thickness for strong fixation.
- After installing the entire structure, conduct a strength test with a weight greater than the child’s weight. Press down with your weight.
Recommendations for use
- Choose a model that fits your baby. You decide how many months to put the child in the jumpers. But when buying, you should not rely on the recommendations of the manufacturer, but on the specific abilities of your baby.
- Do not leave the child unattended. Although the jumpers are designed to free the parents for a while, they should be placed so that you can see the baby all the time.
- Before first use, adjust the height of the jumpers: the foot must rest fully on the floor.
- Baby feet should be shod or you can put a massage rubber mat on the floor under the jumpers.
- It is possible to use jumpers no more than 20 minutes a day, starting from 5 minutes, gradually increasing the time spent in the simulator.
- Не усаживать в прыгунки сразу после приема пищи.
- Возраст менее 3 месяцев, когда ребенок еще не держит голову.
- Врожденные и приобретенные неврологические заболевания.
- Ортопедические нарушения.
- Воспалительные заболевания на коже в области соприкосновения с сиденьем прыгунков.
After weighing all the “Pros” and “Cons”, choosing a suitable model and observing the recommendations for use, you will bring not only pleasure, but also benefit to the baby!
In the future, suspended jumpers can be used as a swing.
Frolkov S.V. Specialist in therapeutic and restorative massage and rehabilitation: jumpers for children. Pros and cons
Hello girls! Today I will tell you how I managed to get in shape, lose 20 kilograms, and finally get rid of creepy complexes of fat people. I hope the information will be useful to you!
Do you want to read our materials first? Subscribe to our telegram channel