Proginova when planning pregnancy - the reception scheme
The ability of a woman to conceive a baby depends on many factors - immune function, lifestyle, reserve of vitamins and minerals, and negative influence from the outside. Sometimes a woman has to go through a difficult path before she becomes a mother, which involves taking special hormonal preparations. One of these tools is Proginova. How does the drug affect the conception process, does it have contraindications, and what is its regimen?
Proginova: general information about the preparation
Proginova - a synthetic hormone of the genital glands, designed to replenish estrogen, which is not produced by the ovaries. Getting into the blood, the drug quickly balances the hormones and eliminates disorders that have arisen as a result of hormonal dysfunction. This pathology is manifested by impaired menstrual function, nervous disorders, infertility.
Proginova is a monocomponent medicine containing only one active ingredient - estradiol valerate. The drug is produced in small pills containing 2 ml of estradiol in each pill. Drops are packaged in blisters of 21 pieces.
Important! The market is represented by the drug Cyclo-Proginova. He has a completely different composition, represented by estradiol and progestogen. And although he and Proginov have similar testimonies, the reasons for his appointment are different.
Estradiol contained in Proginow is a synthetic substance, but by its nature is no different from human estradiol and is well accepted by the body. Taking capsules allows you to completely eliminate the signs of estrogen deficiency in menopause or during pathological hormonal jumps.
Estradiol valerate breaks down into estradiol and valeric acid. At the same time, only 3% of the released estradiol acquires bioavailability and is fully absorbed by the body.
With regular intake, Proginova's estradiol levels stabilize and become twice as high as with a single dose of a pill. Three days after discontinuation of the drug, the level of estrogen falls to the original level.
Important! Estrogen deficiency provokes infertility and miscarriage. Fortunately, hormone replacement therapy allows pregnancy to occur after Proginova.
Proginova: indications for use
Proginova tablets prescribed for the correction of hormonal levels, which is impaired as a result of estrogen deficiency. When the ovaries stop synthesizing estrogens in the right quantity, a woman has various pathologies, in particular:
- Problems with psycho-emotional background, for example, insomnia, memory impairment, fatigue, neurosis.
- Violation of thermoregulation (chilliness, sweating).
- Cardiovascular anomalies (arrhythmia, headaches, angina attacks).
- Urinary dysfunction (vaginal dryness, problems with urinary incontinence, decreased sexual desire).
- Diseases of the reproductive system (infertility, problems with menstruation).
- Diseases of the musculoskeletal system (joint pain, osteoporosis, gout).
- Clinic of the postmenopausal period.
- Neoplasms of different etiology in the mammary glands, ovaries, uterus.
- The problem of miscarriage.
It is these diseases and symptoms that serve as a reason for prescribing Proginova when planning pregnancy, especially if a woman has problems with conception. Proginova is also prescribed during the IVF process in order to increase the endometrium for better embryo replanting.
The drug actively affects the overall health of a woman. The treatment eliminates hot flushes, dry skin, irritability, sterility, depression and other symptoms of estrogen deficiency. However, doctors prescribe Proginova only in cases when estrogen deficiency is more dangerous than oral hormone medication.
When proginova contraindicated
Proginova has several contraindications that are important to consider when prescribing this drug to women. Self-medication is unacceptable, since illiterate medication can lead to serious complications.
When taking Proginova tablets is not allowed:
- Breastfeeding period.
- Estrogen intolerance.
- Genital bleeding of unidentified nature.
- Hormone-dependent malignant tumors (tumors in the mammary glands, on the ovaries, in the liver, in the endometrium).
- Predisposition to thrombosis.
- Varicose veins
- Liver damage.
- Endometrial hyperplasia.
- Age under 18 years.
- Lactose intolerance.
- Disruption of lipid metabolism.
Also, the manufacturer notes that Proginov should be prescribed with extreme caution if a woman has the following diseases:
- Arterial hypertension.
- Gallstone pathology.
- Uterine fibroids.
- Systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Syndromes Gilbert and Rotor.
- Severe obesity.
- Hereditary angioedema.
Important! According to the instructions, taking Proginova during pregnancy is contraindicated, but in exceptional cases, it can be given to pregnant women.
Proginova: instructions for use
Proginova is a systemic hormonal agent that affects most systems of the female body, and therefore can only be taken according to the scheme prescribed by the doctor.
Important! If a woman undergoes a long-term replacement therapy with Proginova, she is recommended to undergo a mammogram regularly, since taking the drug can provoke the growth of tumors in the mammary glands.
Proginova when planning pregnancy: a regimen
Prescribe the drug when planning a baby for various reasons. This may be a clinically confirmed estradiol deficiency, and insufficient growth of the endometrial layer, and the risk of abortion in early pregnancy. Proginova also often enters the IVF procedure, since it allows her to “grow” a full-fledged endometrium for replanting an embryo.
Before starting treatment, the doctor must relate the risk of taking Proginova and the possible benefits of hormone replacement therapy. Treatment can be justified only when alternative treatment options do not allow to restore the reproductive function of a woman. After a thorough examination of the woman, the doctor makes up the individual treatment tactics.
Proginova's treatment regimen requires its precise implementation, so even minor violations are not allowed. It is necessary to carefully treat the treatment and always take the prescribed dose of medication on time, without missing a single dose. This is a very important point, because the missed pill can cause a sharp fluctuation in the level of estrogen, and the entire menstrual cycle will be broken.
Proginova dragees are taken whole, without violating the integrity of the shell. It is desirable to wash down the drug with clean water. Receiving the next dose should be at the same time of day, regardless of the meal.
If it happened that the pill was not taken, you need to drink it within 24 hours. If there was no opportunity to take the medicine, the missed pill is discarded, and the next day, Proginova is resumed (the next pill is drunk). In the case of missing one or more doses, there is a threat of bleeding and even breakthrough bleeding.
Tip! For convenience, you need to choose the right time when you can take a pill without problems, for example, immediately after breakfast, and put a reminder on the gadget.
Depending on the state of the female reproductive system, Proginova treatment can be carried out according to the following schemes:
- Combined: women are prescribed Proginovu and Duphaston at the same time when planning pregnancy. The first drug is prescribed for 21 days every month with an 8-day break. Duphaston can be scheduled for 10-14 days or for a month. This scheme allows you to adjust the menstrual cycle and infertility caused by estrogen deficiency. Separate reception is also carried out: Proginova is taken from the 10th to the 14th day of the cycle, and the gestagen is taken from the 16th to the 26th.
- Cyclic: Proginova is appointed for 21 days without an additional reception of the progestogen. On the day, 1 capsule is taken, then the drug is canceled for a week and on the 8th day the hormone is resumed.
- Constant: treatment involves the constant use of the drug without a week break.
When planning a child, they start taking Proginovs from day 1 to day 5 of the cycle. As a rule, in women without hidden diseases of the endometrium and endocrine system, pregnancy occurs within 1-3 courses of treatment. After conception, the drug is not recommended, but in some cases it is possible to take Proginova during pregnancy in the early stages in order to prevent miscarriage.
Proginova during pregnancy after IVF
To fertilization ended in success, appoint Proginova to balance hormonal levels. Reception begins at the time of stimulation of the ovary and continues in the early stages of gestation, if the embryo transfer is successful.
It is worth noting that not every woman needs to receive Proginova during the IVF process. Treatment is carried out only in the presence of hormonal disorders or in the absence of a woman's ovaries.
Proginova: until which week of pregnancy to take
The drug can take up to 8-10 weeks of gestation, while estradiol is responsible for maintaining the pregnancy. After 10 weeks, Proginova's intake becomes unnecessary as the placenta begins to function, and another hormone, progesterone, comes to the fore.
Proginova: how to cancel during pregnancy
The drug is gradually canceled after 9-10 weeks of gestation, when the baby is no longer dependent on the functioning of the ovaries. However, Proginova's intake should be completely stopped by the beginning of week 15, in order to avoid hormonal disorders in the fetus, especially if it is male.
Cancellation scheme Proginova during pregnancy is selected based on the response of the female body. The dose of the drug is reduced by half, a third or a quarter every 3-5 days.
It is necessary to begin a cancellation with the minimum dose reduction and gradually bring it to one tablet. It is not recommended to abruptly abolish Proginova during pregnancy in order not to provoke an abortion.
Proginova: special instructions for women
- Before taking Proginova, a woman should be screened for chronic conditions. She is diagnosed with the pelvic organs, mammary glands, and she is going to have a family history and all the patient's complaints about her well-being. Arterial pressure is surely measured, OAK and OAM, x-rays of the lungs are carried out. The level of estradiol, progesterone and prolactin in the blood is also determined.
- During the treatment period, the woman does not decrease her working capacity, there are no problems with controlling the mechanisms, so she can continue to work fully.
- In women with fibromas, myomas or ovarian cysts, an intensive growth of neoplasms may occur during Proginova's intake. In this case, the treatment must be stopped.
- Reception Proginovy can violate glucose tolerance, so you need to carefully check the level of sugar in the blood in the presence of diabetes.
- Before taking the drug, a woman needs to take a pregnancy test, since it is forbidden to start taking Proginova during pregnancy without confirmed estrogen deficiency.
- Long-term use Proginova often accompanied by deterioration of the liver. To prevent drug-induced hepatitis, liver levels are regularly checked.
- During the reception Proginova monitors the condition of the biliary tract for the formation of stones.
- Estradiol, contained in Proginova pills, stimulates a more intensive production of thyroid hormones. If a woman has hyperfunction of this organ, it is necessary for her to examine the thyroid hormonal panel every 1-2 months.
Progestins and Proginova when planning pregnancy
When planning a pregnancy, a woman may be prescribed a combined estrogen and gestagen treatment. Proginova taken with Duphaston or Utrozhestan. This treatment regimen allows you to “grow” the endometrium, and then help the ovum to firmly secure in it.
Reception of drugs is carried out according to the combined scheme. If the need arises, continue to take Proginova and Utrozhestan when pregnancy occurs. At the same time, Proginov was canceled at week 8, and the gestagen after 14-16 weeks of gestation.
When you need to cancel Proginovy
- Primary attack of severe migraine or its aggravation.
- Sternum pain.
- Hearing or vision problems.
- Uterine bleeding.
A woman with signs of thrombosis needs emergency medical care:
- Severe dizziness.
- Acute shortage of air.
- Naughty headache.
The appearance of one or more of the symptoms described above is a reason to immediately consult a doctor.
Proginova: overdose and side effects
Reception Proginova may be accompanied by the appearance of negative reactions of the body, namely:
- sudden migraine,
- change in libido,
- reduced vision
- dyspeptic phenomena
- abdominal pain
- frequent nausea
- diarrhea, bloating,
- skin rashes
- hirsutism or alopecia,
- uterine bleeding,
- changes in the mammary glands,
- swelling of limbs
- violation of cerebral circulation,
- bleeding from the nose.
If you accidentally take too many Proginova tablets, there are signs of overdose — sudden bleeding, uncontrollable vomiting, and a feeling of lack of air. To improve well-being, the doctor will prescribe a symptomatic treatment.
Proginova when planning pregnancy - reviews
Many ladies know firsthand about the drug Proginova. Those who faced infertility or IVF had to take these pills to balance their hormone levels, without which conception does not occur.
Based on the information in the network, you can say that Proginova really helps women become pregnant. For someone, treatment takes from 3 to 6 months, and for someone only one cycle. The result depends largely on the root causes of problems with conception or miscarriage.
Especially often there are women's reviews, which tell about how the pregnancy began immediately after the abolition of Proginova. And sometimes women complain of treatment failure and horrible side effects in the form of nausea and headaches.
There are cases when women undergo treatment after conception. During pregnancy, Proginova is prescribed to improve blood circulation in the uterus and to prevent embryo rejection. If you believe the responses, treatment often allows you to save the child.