Female and Male Testosterone
Masculinity is the key to success of a strong half of humanity. Many of the men train their muscles hard to make the body more attractive. However, not everyone is able to increase biceps. For the increase in muscle mass in the body is the sex hormone - testosterone. Thanks to him, the strong half shows characteristic signs of masculinity. An increase or decrease in the amount of testosterone becomes noticeable during adolescence, when young men develop hair on their body and face, a change in their tone of voice, and an increase in muscle mass. The hormone is present not only in men, but also in women. Naturally, its content in the body of girls is much lower. Many young people, having learned about the possibility of changing their physique with the help of hormonal drugs, wonder: testosterone - what kind of substance is it? The answer can be obtained from an endocrinologist, who will explain in detail why a steroid is needed and in what situations its use is required.
Testosterone - what is it?
This term knows almost everyone. However, to the question: "Testosterone - what is it?", Not everyone can answer with accuracy. There is a special group of hormones - steroids. Testosterone also belongs to it. This hormone is produced in large quantities by the male genital organs - the testes. Therefore, its content in the stronger sex is much higher than in women. Despite this, the steroid is present in the blood of all people. The fact is that the hormone is produced not only by the ovaries, but also by the adrenal glands. Testosterone production in them is significantly inferior to the genitals. Adrenal glands have 2 layers - brain and cortical. The last one is also divided into 3 parts. Testosterone is produced by the adrenal mesh area, which belongs to the cortical layer. In addition to its own hormone, which is in our body, there is another source of it. This exogenous testosterone, which enters the bloodstream with food or drugs.
What are the functions of the hormone?
Testosterone, which produces the testicles, is responsible for many processes occurring in the body of a strong half of humanity. First of all, the hormone contributes to the growth, development and functioning of the sex structures in men. The second important goal of testosterone is the formation of protein molecules. As a result, there is an increased growth of the muscular system, which distinguishes the male physique. The next function of testosterone is its effect on fat metabolism. It consists in the distribution of adipocytes by the male type. In addition, the hormone has an effect on erythropoiesis. As a result, hemoglobin levels are higher in men than in women. They also need increased blood circulation to form and maintain an erection. Due to the fact that the regulation of sex hormone is associated with the central nervous system, it affects the libido in men.
The functions of testosterone secreted by the adrenal glands
As is known, in the human body there are 2 sources of the male sex hormone. Testosterone, which secretes the adrenal cortex, is present in all people. Its products are significantly less than in the testicles. The function of "adrenal" testosterone is also somewhat different. First, the peak of its action falls on puberty. At this time, under the influence of testosterone in boys, a characteristic hair covering appears on the body and face, and the tone of the voice changes. In addition, during puberty, male libido increases dramatically. The functions of testosterone in the body of girls are slightly different, where the hormone does not act as a stimulator of the development of the reproductive system.
The action of androgens in women
In the weaker sex, testosterone is secreted only in the adrenal cortex. Its peak also falls on the youthful period. Functions of the hormone:
- Participation in the formation of protein. This action of testosterone, as in men, contributes to the development of the muscular system.
- Strengthening bone tissue.
- Participation in the sebaceous glands - maintaining the cleanliness of the skin.
- Improving hematopoietic function.
- Participation in the formation and growth of follicles - despite the fact that the hormone is responsible for the male reproductive system, it has little effect on the menstrual cycle of women.
- Increased libido.
- Strengthening the emotional background - reduces stress, helps to raise the mood.
Norm of testosterone in the body
As it turned out, the hormone performs many functions and is simply necessary for both sexes. So, to the question: "testosterone - what is it," we can safely answer that it represents a "masculine principle". However, there are norms for the level of the amount of a hormone in the body. If a person suspects that he has an excess of testosterone or, on the contrary, its deficiency, then it is necessary to consult a doctor. The amount of the hormone, exceeding the norm or not reaching it, indicates a violation of the endocrine system. Testosterone analysis can be taken in any equipped laboratory. The results should be shown to the endocrinologist, who will diagnose and prescribe the necessary treatment. The normal level of a hormone in the body of a man is 11-33 nmol / l. Its quantity in the female body is much lower. A testosterone test will have a normal result if its score is within 0.29-3.18 pg / ml.
Quantitative fluctuations in hormone levels
Despite the fact that there are certain numbers in which the testosterone content must fit, its value may sometimes change. Most often these are minor fluctuations that do not go beyond the specified limits, in rare cases small deviations from the norm can be observed. The amount of testosterone in men varies depending on the time of day, its maximum content falls on 5-7 in the morning, as a result of which an erection occurs. In women, the concentration of the hormone is affected by the physiological conditions of the body. During pregnancy and ovulation, testosterone is produced in large quantities. A decrease in the hormone is observed during menopause.
Pathological changes in testosterone levels
A change in the amount of a hormone indicates a violation of its regulation. Increased testosterone in men or in women may indicate damage to the hypothalamic-pituitary system, the cortical layer of the adrenal glands or sexual glands. The same can be said about reducing the amount of hormone. The main causes of increased testosterone levels are tumors that may have different localization. If a neoplasm is suspected, a thorough diagnosis should be made. The first step is to make an x-ray or MRI of the brain and an ultrasound of the adrenal glands. Most often, an increase in testosterone levels leads to changes in these organs.
In addition, a testicular tumor can lead to an increase in hormone production. In order to identify it, they carry out palpation of the male genital glands, after which they produce instrumental methods of research. A decrease in testosterone may be due to age-related changes (most often observed after 40 years), a sedentary lifestyle, overweight, scrotal injury, cryptorchidism, and an inflammatory process in the testicles.
Symptoms of enhanced hormone production
Increased testosterone in men can be observed at any age. However, this change is most often noticed in children. Blood for testosterone should be donated in childhood, when adolescence has not yet arrived. In adult males, raising hormone levels is harder to notice. The main features are:
- Excessive growth of body and face hair.
- Increased libido, frequent and prolonged erection.
- Low voice timbre.
- Aggressiveness and mood changes.
- Developed musculature.
Signs of increased testosterone levels in women are hirsutism, low timbre of voice, acne, broad shoulders, and a man-like physique.
Products containing hormone
With small quantitative fluctuations, you can independently control testosterone. Products containing a hormone are used in the preparation of many dishes, so it’s very important to keep track of your diet. These include meat, nuts, sea food, herbs, red berries. Among the fruits in which there is a lot of testosterone, note pineapple, melon, orange, apricots and peaches. The hormone is also present in vegetables (tomatoes, eggplants, zucchini and cabbage) and vegetable oil. In order to reduce testosterone, you must limit yourself to the use of these products. Those who have a hormone produced in small quantities, you can also adjust its level through diet. To increase testosterone you need to eat as much protein food as possible, in particular, lean meat and vegetable oil. When it is not possible to achieve the proper level of the hormone with the help of a diet, they resort to medical treatment.
Since now, the use of steroids has become the norm for many young people. Some of them are ready for anything to gain muscle mass. However, taking testosterone pills without the need is impossible. It is necessary only in case of deficiency of the hormone, which cannot be compensated by diet. If at the time of testing for the content of testosterone revealed its lack, then it is imperative to contact an endocrinologist. Only a doctor can determine whether to take a hormone, and in what quantities. Indications for use of testosterone in men:
- Delayed puberty in boys.
- Poor development of male organs.
- Condition after removal of the testicles (postcastration syndrome).
- Violation of the formation of sperm.
- Poor semen quality.
- Infertility of unknown origin.
In some cases, testosterone is prescribed and women, most often it must be used in combination with female sex hormones - estrogen. Indications for use are: osteoporosis, uterine fibroids, endometriosis, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), breast cancer.
Medicines containing the male sex hormone
What medicines should be used to increase testosterone? Drugs containing the male sex hormone are available under various names. Dosage form can be represented by tablets, solution for injection, gel for external use. The most common of these are the drugs: "Testosterone propionate", "Andriol", "Nebido", "Omnadren-250", "Sustanon-250". All of them are based on hormone esters and have the same indications for use. To abuse testosterone drugs is extremely dangerous! An overdose of the hormone can cause testicular atrophy. This is due to the fact that the sex glands have feedback with the hypothalamic-pituitary system. Among the side effects of testosterone drugs are edema, muscle pain, nausea, acne, hypertension, and adenoma and prostate cancer. If these symptoms appear, the medication should be stopped or the dose reduced.
Hormone testosterone: what is it
Testosterone - what is it?
In men, it is the main hormone, belongs to the group of steroids, called androgens, and begins to be produced by the sex glands and adrenal cortex of the boy during the maturation of the fetus in the womb.
From adolescence, the level of testosterone in the body increases, ensuring normal sexual development.
In the human body, this hormone exists in three forms:
- Connected - combined with globulin, has no biological activity, makes up the lion's share of the total number - from 60 to 70%
- Loosely coupled - acts together with albumin, there may be from 25 to 40% of total testosterone
- Free - 1-4% - active form, not associated with any substance.
What is free testosterone?
In men, it is he who ensures the full development of the genital organs, the structure of the body and the male type of hair, low timbre of the voice, activates the work of the sweat and sebaceous glands.
Without it, no sperm forms, it affects sexual desire, mood, growth of bones and muscles, metabolism, and fat burning.
Somewhere from forty years, its level in the body of a man begins to gradually decline.
But there are other causes of testosterone fall: bad habits, stress, weak physical activity, unhealthy diet, anabolic steroids, obesity, diabetes, prostatitis, coronary disease.
To determine a man's low testosterone levels can be on several grounds:
- Unstable mood, irritability,
- Touchiness, tearfulness
- Muscle weakness
- Body hair loss
- Obesity, body fat on the waist, buttocks and thighs
- Enlargement of mammary glands
- Decreased sex drive
- Disruption of spermatogenesis
That testosterone makes a man a man.
Testosterone in women - what it is, how it affects
What is this hormone testosterone does in the body in women?
It is produced by the ovaries and adrenal glands, but this process begins at the age when the girl begins her transformation into a woman.
Of course, it is produced much less than that of men, but the impact on the body is very significant.
Testosterone in women:
- Participates in the process of maturation of the egg and corpus luteum
- Helps the formation of dairy glands
- Affects the growth of the skeletal system
- Participates in fat and protein metabolism
- Helps normal pregnancy
- Affects sexuality and libido
Free testosterone in women is the same biologically active ingredient in the blood as in men.
Low testosterone in women
The decrease in this level is reflected in the work of the endocrine, nervous, musculoskeletal system - the woman becomes weak, lethargic, scattered, she has no orgasms and she has practically no sexual desire.
This is very unpleasant effect on the appearance - the skin becomes thinner, becomes flabby, very dry.
The level of this hormone can be reduced if the lady has not had sex for a long time or she takes hormonal contraceptives for a long time.
Sedentary lifestyle, frequent diets, lack of vitamins, bad habits also adversely affect the level of testosterone.
Well, the natural aging of the body - menopause - is characterized by a large lack of hormone formation.
What happens when women increase testosterone?
Sometimes this is manifested at a young age - by the age of seven, an unusually low voice can be seen in a girl, hair growth on her chest, abdomen, and strong limbs and pubis.
Typically, these girls stop growing by the age of ten, as the bones' growth zones close very quickly.
Excess testosterone can cause several problems.
Assume a similar problem in an adult woman can be on the following grounds:
- Increased hair growth on the limbs, the appearance of hard hair on the chest, face
- At the same time, hair loss on the head may occur.
- Purulent rash on chest and face
- Obesity or severe weight loss
- Violation of the monthly cycle, amenorrhea, bleeding, inability to get pregnant and bear a child
- Rude, quick-tempered, aggressive behavior
- Increased libido
This can be caused by hyperfunction of the adrenal cortex, pituitary adenoma, ovarian tumors, breast cancer, hereditary predisposition.
However, it is worth remembering that the natural increase in testosterone levels in women is observed during the period of ovulation and during pregnancy.
The placenta also produces testosterone, and if a boy is born, his hormones are also added.
Remember the importance of taking the analysis on time to minimize the problem and deal with it quickly
Analyzes and examinations for deviations from the norm
Today, all babies still in the maternity hospital are being examined for congenital abnormalities - they take blood from the heels for analysis.
So you can identify adrenogenital syndrome.
For men and women, if they are suspected of abnormal testosterone, a special blood test and examination are carried out to understand the cause.
To do this, the general hormonal background is studied, an ultrasound of the internal organs, adrenal glands is done, in women there is an ultrasound of the mammary glands, in men - the testes and the prostate gland.
Also, an MRI of the adrenal glands, brain, pituitary gland is done, a blood test is performed to detect cholesterol and sugar.
Blood for such a study is taken from a vein and results can usually be obtained the next day.
To get real data, you need to donate blood on an empty stomach.
If you take any hormonal drugs, the doctor may cancel their reception a couple of days before the analysis.
Постарайтесь не переутомляться на тренировке хотя бы за 10-12 часов до этого, и, конечно, исключите вредные привычки, если они у вас есть.
Важно также помнить о правильном питании и здоровом образе жизни
В случае когда выявлено отклонение, врач может назначить комплекс мер, которые исключат причины, которые могли бы привести к такому нарушению.
Now, no one forces them to take testosterone right away, first they change their lifestyle:
- Adjusted nutrition. It is necessary to eat more fruits and vegetables, products containing zinc, fatty acids, vitamins A, B, C, D, E.
- Regular sex life with a regular partner is recommended.
- Eliminate bad habits.
- Requires regular exercise. It is better for women to do yoga, which harmonizes body and soul, and for men it is possible to conduct strength training, but not to overwork.
If, after such a restructuring of the lifestyle, the level of androgens did not return to normal, then the doctor may prescribe a treatment with hormonal drugs.
Tip: every day in the morning, after exercise, during pregnancy and during puberty, an increase in the level of hormones in the body is completely natural and does not require any treatment.
Do not run the problem, because it can be corrected.
One must be attentive to health, because the consequences of a lack or excess of testosterone can be deplorable - impotence, diabetes, obesity, stroke, heart attack, osteoporosis, depression, oncology.
Reduced sexual desire, lack of energy, endurance, efficiency, desire to play sports, interest in life, irritability, drowsiness during the day, obesity ...
Even a few of these signs should alert you, make you think about a possible hormonal failure, and consult a doctor.
You will learn more about testosterone and how it affects our health in this video:
The functions of testosterone in the body
Testosterone contributes to the retention of calcium in the bone tissue, in men under its influence forms a specific structure of the bones, especially the pelvis, which increases its supporting function. In the case of a hormone deficiency in young men, there is a development of a female-type skeleton.
Testosterone is involved in the development of male genital organs and secondary male sexual characteristics, regulates sexual behavior and the development of sperm, the formation of ejaculate, causes hair growth on the face, chest, pubic (less often on the back), reduces hair growth on the head (especially on the crown), affects the laryngeal mucosa, which leads to coarseness of the voice.
The male hormone plays a role in the regulation of phosphorus and nitrogen metabolism in the body, and in women it is responsible for the regression of the follicle in the ovary.
Increased hormone production by the adrenal glands causes a violation of its synthesis in the ovaries and leads to virilization in women.
The anabolic properties of the hormone are manifested mainly by the stimulation of protein synthesis in the tissues (mainly in muscle tissue), which contributes to an increase in muscle mass. For these purposes, testosterone preparations are used by athletes. However, their prolonged use leads to a decrease in the production of this hormone by the body and requires the use of drugs to restore the secretion of its own hormone.
Testosterone is a marker of the androgenic status of the body.
Testosterone Norm and His Laboratory Test
The rate of total testosterone:
The norm of the free fraction:
- in men older than 14 years - 13.9–104 pmol / l,
- among women - 1.4 to 24.6 pmol / l.
Depending on the method of determining standards and units in different laboratories may be different.
Testosterone testing is usually prescribed for the following indications:
- differentiation of true and false premature puberty in boys under 10 years of age,
- suspicion of hypogonadism in men (with a decrease in sexual desire, erectile dysfunction, osteoporosis, gynecomastia, infertility),
- differentiation of primary and secondary hypogonadism,
- diagnosis of reproductive disorders in men,
- determination of the cause of virilization and hirsutism,
- suspected testosterone producing testicular neoplasm
- Jacobs syndrome (XYY chromosome set),
- polycystic ovary syndrome,
- suspicion of tumors of the adrenal cortex,
- suspected gestational trophoblastic tumors,
- reducing the concentration of globulin that binds sex hormones,
- evaluation of testosterone replacement therapy, anti-androgen therapy (in case of premature puberty, idiopathic hirsutism, prostate cancer, etc.).
To assess the androgenic metabolism in the body, it may be necessary to determine the concentration of the free fraction of the hormone (with an increased or decreased concentration of globulin that binds sex steroids). The analysis for free testosterone is also prescribed at a normal level of total testosterone in women with signs of hyperandrogenism, assessment of hormonal therapy, etc.
Blood for analysis is taken in the morning before 11:00 on an empty stomach; after the last meal, at least eight hours should pass. Blood is taken from a vein.
Women need to agree with the doctor on which day of the cycle to take blood (determined depending on the purpose of the study). On the eve should not eat fatty foods and be subjected to significant physical exertion. In the case of medication before the study, you must clarify with the doctor the need for their cancellation.
Barbiturates, combined hormonal contraceptives, estrogens, antispastic agents can affect the results upward, antiandrogenic, antipsychotic drugs, glucocorticoids, glucose, ethanol, some antibacterial agents downward.
Increased testosterone levels
An increased concentration of the hormone testosterone in the blood is observed in the following diseases or conditions:
- idiopathic precocious puberty in males,
- adrenal hyperplasia in boys,
- some tumors of the adrenal cortex,
- extragonadal neoplasms that produce gonadotropin,
- gestational trophoblastic tumors,
- polycystic ovary syndrome (approximately 20% of the total number of cases),
- testicular feminization syndrome,
- virilizing ovarian tumors,
Increased hormone production by the adrenal glands causes a violation of its synthesis in the ovaries and leads to virilization in women. High blood testosterone causes skin problems (seborrhea, acne), as the secretion of sebum increases by the sebaceous glands.
In case of premature puberty, the level of testosterone in boys is increased compared with the age norm, however, it corresponds to the rate of adult males.
In women, a physiological increase in the male hormone occurs after exercise and during pregnancy.
Reduced testosterone levels
A decrease in hormone concentration is characteristic of the following pathologies:
- autotoxification syndrome with severe renal failure,
- liver failure,
- Down syndrome,
- myotonic dystrophy,
- primary and secondary hypogonadism,
- obesity in men
- menopause in women, premature ovarian failure,
- delayed puberty in males.
Correction of testosterone hormone in men
To increase the level of the hormone in a natural way, patients, first of all, need to normalize sleep, since it is in the deep sleep phase that the production of sex hormones, including testosterone, occurs. Continuous night sleep should be at least seven hours.
Overweight men need to normalize it, since testosterone is converted to estrogen in adipose tissue.
To increase testosterone levels, sufficient physical activity is needed. The duration of the workout should not exceed one hour (about 15 minutes of warm-up and about 45 minutes of the workout itself), since with longer physical exertion, increased production of cortisol, which is a testosterone antagonist, occurs. The number of trainings should be limited to three per week, the break between workouts should be at least one day. First of all, it is necessary to use large muscles (back, chest, lower extremities), it is recommended to include basic strength exercises in the training program.
Other types of physical activity that enhance the male hormone include sprinting, walking, and exercises aimed at strengthening the pelvic muscles.
Equally important is the rejection of bad habits, it is especially important to limit the consumption of alcoholic beverages, since alcohol contributes to the conversion of testosterone to estrogen. Adequate sexual activity, avoidance of stressful situations, increased immunity are also recommended.
Drug correction through the use of synthetic testosterone analogues is used during hormone replacement therapy in older men whose hormone is significantly reduced.
Diet to increase testosterone
For normal hormone production, including testosterone, it is necessary to provide the body with essential nutrients. The diet of patients with low levels of the hormone must be balanced in protein, fat and carbohydrates and enriched with vitamins, micro and macro elements. It is important to observe the diet and avoid overeating, especially at night.
The diet includes foods rich in zinc: seafood (crabs, squid, oysters), fish (herring, carp, anchovies), nuts (pistachios, walnuts, peanuts, almonds), seeds (sunflower, pumpkin).
It is also necessary to consume enough foods containing calcium, magnesium, selenium, vitamins C, D, E, and group B, omega-3 and omega-6-unsaturated fatty acids. To this end, citrus fruits, red grapes, cabbage, fish oil, honey, eggs, coffee, linseed oil, and milk are included in the diet.
Per day it is necessary to drink about 1.5 liters of water, during active sports, the amount of water should be increased. Do not replace the water with sweet soft drinks and soda pops. It is also recommended to abandon fatty foods, reduce the consumption of fast carbohydrates (white bread, pastries, sugar and sugar-containing products).
In boys, the hormone is responsible for androgenization, in men and women, it is necessary for the formation of bone and muscle tissue, the normal functioning of the nervous system, in women it is also involved in the synthesis of estradiol.
Correction of testosterone in women
To reduce the level of testosterone in women, as a rule, they resort to drug therapy. Assign oral contraceptives, calcium gluconate, vitamin complexes (especially vitamin D). With an increase in the concentration of the hormone, due to the presence of a neoplasm, surgical treatment or radiotherapy is performed.
Somewhat reduce the level of the hormone by using a dairy-vegetable diet and avoiding excessive physical exertion, in particular, strength training. It is also necessary to abandon the use of alcoholic beverages and smoking, to normalize the lifestyle (good night's sleep, a reasonable alternation of work and rest).
What is testosterone
Normally, the baseline level of testosterone is present in all periods of human development, including intrauterine. Testosterone itself is a steroid derived from cholesterol. It is little active in its original form and slightly binds to androgen receptors, as it is associated with a protein with which it travels in the blood. In order for the hormone to acquire a working form (turned into dihydrotestosterone), the enzyme 5-alpha reductase is needed.
Testosterone plays a leading role in the development of the male genital glands (testicles and prostate), the formation of secondary sexual characteristics, sexual desire, spermatogenesis. It is also important for metabolism (first of all, building muscle, regulating weight), regulates mood and determines the higher functions of the brain (memory, thinking, ability to learn). Testosterone protects the body against osteoporosis, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes and certain types of malignant tumors.
- In men, testosterone is produced in the testicles and adrenal cortex under the influence of luteinizing and follicle-stimulating hormones of the pituitary gland.
- In women, testosterone is also produced by the adrenal glands and ovaries, but it is substantially less than in the male body. A certain amount of the hormone is released during pregnancy due to the placenta. In women, it is responsible for the reverse development of follicles in the ovary and regulates the level of pituitary hormones.
The norms of laboratory indicators of testosterone:
- for men - 11-33 nanomoles per liter
- for women - 0. 24-2.75 nanomoles per liter.
- In transitional age, there is a jerk in the growth of the bone skeleton with the expansion of the chest cage and an increase in shoulders, growth of the jaw, chin and forehead.
- Muscle mass increases with a simultaneous increase in strength.
- The Adam's apple grows and its voice grows coarse due to thickening of the vocal cords.
- The subcutaneous fat on the face decreases, but the sebaceous glands expand and begin to work harder, which can lead to conditions for the onset of acne.
- Hair growth of pubis and armpits, hair on the upper lip appears.
- As they grow older, hair distribution extends to the lower part of the face, stomach, chest and legs.
- External genitals increase, and the sexual inclination raises.
- At the same time, spermatogenesis grows and the ability to conceive increases.
With a high level of testosterone, hair loss on the head can be observed. Testosterone levels the action of stress hormones (cortisol) and causes a feeling of contentment of life and joy. The higher the level of the hormone, the more aggressive, passionate and more cheerful the man.
Testosterone in Mature Men
- As we approach old age, the level of testosterone in the blood and the sensitivity of the receptors to it gradually decrease (by about 1.5% per year after 35 years), causing physiological or pathological (menopause) extinction of sexual function.
- At the same time, problems in the health of the heart and blood vessels appear, osteoporosis can occur, the autonomic nervous system suffers, mood instability and irritability increase.
- Also increases the likelihood of Alzheimer's disease.
Causes of Testosterone Reduction
A significant decrease in testosterone levels (below 11 nmol / l) is called hypogonadism. He might be:
- primary - with lesions of the testicles
- secondary - with the defeat of the hypothalamic-pituitary system.
The main causes of the pathological decline in testosterone in men:
- adrenal insufficiency
- chronic prostatitis
- taking glucocorticoids, which reduce the sensitivity of tissues to testosterone
- treatment with Danazol, Zimetidine, Carbamazepine, cytostatics, magnesium sulfate, Spironrolactone (Veroshpyronom), Tetracycline, Thioridazine
- chronic starvation
How do testosterone levels in men show up?
- decrease in vitality
- decrease in sexual desire and potency (see potency drugs: to whom and when you can take)
- decrease in concentration of attention, memory, mental abilities
- decrease in muscle bulk
- decrease in metabolic rate, as a result - excess weight
Natural Testosterone Boost in Men
When the drop in testosterone is not associated with serious illnesses, but due to an irrational lifestyle, a change in habits and diet will be able to correct the situation. Enough for this:
- Do not starve or suffer gluttony
- Avoid soy products, because soy protein contains estrogens
- Do not neglect protein foods (meat in the diet is required), do not click on sweets (pastries, cookies, white bread, buns, confectionery, chocolate, etc.)
- Do not get involved in alcohol, beer (under the influence of alcohol, testosterone molecules are converted to estrogen). For your information, beer is a plant estrogen, that is, it contains analogues of female sex hormones, so for men it is not desirable to use it. Only natural wine, no more than 2 glasses a week will not harm the health and hormonal background.
- Exclude carbonated, fizzy drinks (harmful to health, contain a lot of sugar).
- Eat vegetable and animal fats.
- Include foods rich in zinc and testosterone boosting in your diet - leafy greens, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, nuts (peanuts, pistachios, walnuts, almonds), cheese, broccoli and cauliflower, seafood (anchovies, squid), fish (saury, trout salmon).
- The inclusion in the diet of foods rich in the essential amino acid arginine is a simple popular way to increase testosterone. To do this, eat beef, pork, chicken, eggs, almonds, sesame, peas, cottage cheese, tuna, snails, peanuts, cauliflower, walnuts and drink milk.
- Eastern medicine recommends the use of such plants as the mountaineer many-flowered, non-forgetful-flowered smilax.
- Пейте простую воду не менее 2 литров в день (чистую воду, к ней соки, сладкие напитки, газированные не относятся), см. какую воду лучше пить.
Для любителей бодибилдинга
The problem of increasing testosterone is often very concerned about bodybuilders and other bodybuilders who dream of a rapid increase in muscle mass due to this hormone. Testosterone is also a doping agent that increases strength and endurance. Here I want to remind you of common sense. Ways to increase testosterone through physical exertion and sports diet are very simple.
- For example, high intensity workouts increase testosterone for sure. It is important that physical exertion was maximum, but short (5-30 minutes) with a little rest between sets.
- The use of easily digestible proteins (protein gainers) also helps. It is desirable to use milk proteins immediately after exercise, in the so-called “protein window”.
But the introduction of testosterone in the form of drugs (patches, injections or pills) is not recommended for athletes because of the increased risks of secondary hypogonadism (the more a hormone from the outside, the less its own production). Also, the introduction of drugs may be complicated by accelerated aging and the development of prostate adenoma or prostate cancer.
- Another interesting observation is the growth of testosterone in contact with the sun. When natural tanning increases the level of vitamin D, which increases testosterone.
- Watching movies of frank content can increase the level of the male sex hormone after an hour.
- Adyultera and not burdensome novels also stimulate the production of testosterone, in contrast to the strong long-term marriages. Therefore, men with high levels of testosterone are prone to extramarital affairs and divorce.
Drugs that increase testosterone
Testosterone therapy begins when the level of the hormone drops below 10 nanomoles per liter.
- Andriol - pills that must be taken with fatty foods to increase bioavailability. 80-160 mg of the drug after 4 hours give a testosterone concentration of 40 nmol per liter.
- Omnadren (Sustanon) - injections that increase the hormone right up to 70 nmol per liter, which translates it into the category of rather indelicate and potentially harmful drugs.
- Nebido is a milder injectable form with better tolerability, giving testosterone levels at 17 weeks, and at 45 nmol per liter after 2 weeks.
- Androgel is a cutaneous variant without supraphysiological peaks. 5 mg gives testosterone growth at a physiological level. After discontinuation of the medication, testosterone begins to decline one day after the last use, returning to the initial level for 3-4 days.
Common risks with long-term testosterone treatment in high doses:
- this is the oppression of making your own hormone
- development of breast swelling (gynecomastia)
- increase in the probability of occurrence and progression of cardiovascular diseases, prostate cancer, hepatocellular insufficiency
- to reduce the risk of gynecomastia, testosterone is combined with tamoxifen.
In general, I would like to note that the time for the uncontrolled use of testosterone without direct medical indications has passed. It is completely unjustified to use drugs of this hormone in athletes and bodybuilders.
As an illustrative effect of muscle building with the use of anabolic steroids, I would like to mention the death of steroids by bodybuilder Andreas Munzer (in 1996, died from bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract, while using steroids, diuretics and psychostimulants) and a liver transplant in Arnold Schwarzenegger.
In 2014, in the United States, the Food and Drug Administration ordered drug manufacturers to be required to indicate in the instructions for testosterone drugs a warning about the risks of strokes and heart attacks when using these drugs. It is also highly recommended to limit the use of testosterone drugs to clinical situations where it is impossible to do without hormone replacement therapy by drastically reducing the use of gels and hormone patches in men 40-65 years old, for whom a decrease in testosterone is a natural physiological point.
Thus, the question of how to increase testosterone in men, and to what extent this increase is advisable, must be decided first of all by the endocrinologist with the participation of the urologist-andrologist, and not the sports nutrition vendor or fitness trainer.
Testosterone biochemistry: its mechanism of action. Natural ways to enhance.
Well, smarter ...
Testosterone is a steroid hormone (belongs to the androgen class) that is responsible for growth (including). It is produced by Leydig cells located in the male testes and in the female ovaries. During the day, the body of a man produces about 7 mg of this hormone, its blood content is between 10 before 30 nmol / l. For comparison, in the blood of women its content is only 1-2,5 nmol / l. Without exception, all steroid hormones have a ring-like structure, which consists of three six-membered (A, B, C) and 1 saturated five-membered ring (D) (see image).
It is useful to know that the rate of production of the main male hormone (in a healthy person) is limited by the rate of conversion of cholesterol into pregnenolone. This hormone is first converted to dihydrotestosterone (DHEA), or to progesterone, and later on - to testosterone.
The mechanism of testosterone production can be represented as the following chain:
Then the hormone enters the blood, where 96-98% it binds with proteins, while acquiring a new name - albumen and globulin. Remaining 2-4% they are not contacted with anyone, but live their own life and are contained in the body in the form of “free testosterone” - the biologically active part of the hormone. It turns out that only 4% able to interact with cells and cause any physiological changes in them.
I will not overload you with abstruse terms and scientific data, so I’ll just give the following information without explanation (see image). Someone who loves theory neilyuzorno will tell me thanks, for everyone else this information will remain a secret with seven seals :).
So, I think, some basic theory is enough for today, let's move on to the most tasty part of the article - practice, i.e. consideration of natural ways to increase the concentration of testosterone in the body.
In order to naturally increase the production of testosterone, it is necessary to eliminate (if possible all) the negative factors that "inhibit" male power. In particular, special attention should be paid to:
- refusal of bad habits (smoking, excessive “glistening” of alcoholic drinks, etc.),
- complete and balanced nutrition,
- the inclusion of musculoskeletal activity in your daily routine. This may not necessarily be bodybuilding, girls are great - plyometrics, guys - crossfit.
As for the first one, it’s clear that I don’t have to explain anything here, but on the last two points we’ll “slow down”.
Part number 1. Balanced diet: nutritional nutrients
First of all, you need to pay attention to the vitamin and mineral composition of your diet. Most likely, it lacks such trace elements as: zinc, magnesium and vitamin D.
Dosages (daily): zinc - 20 mg, vitamin D - 500-1000 IU, magnesium - 350 mg, calcium - 2 gr.
Products to eat: lemon, strawberry, lettuce, eggs, salmon, potatoes, broccoli.
Include these products in your diet, and you fully provide yourself with all the necessary vitamins and minerals.
Remember and keep in your fridge the following foods that increase testosterone:
Eat at least 1 Once a day, red meat, besides being enriched with zinc, also contains cholesterol - the primary source of the hormone testosterone. Egg yolks are also a great source of cholesterol.
The main building material for the synthesis of testosterone is zinc. Most of it is found in shrimps, anchovies, crabs, oysters and trout.
The storehouse of vitamins and minerals is found in walnuts, hazelnuts, almonds.
The source of easily digestible minerals can be celery, zucchini, eggplants and tomatoes. Celery also contains androsterone, a hormone that enhances secondary sexual characteristics and “bedding” capabilities.
Such fruits as peaches, persimmon, pear, orange - contain a lot of lutein, which stimulates somatotropin. Vitamin C contributes to a strong decrease in cortisol in the blood of an exercising athlete. The norm per day is considered 100-200 mg of this vitamin (for athletes more).
Parsley, spinach, cilantro - all these are plant forms of plants that stimulate testosterone production.
- Herbs and roots
Include ginger, golden root, ginseng in your diet - they will help you to increase the concentration of the male hormone naturally.
Fiber from cereals (buckwheat, oats, barley, rice) increases blood flow to the pelvic organs, which has a positive effect on the production of the hormone.
- Dried fruits and berries
Do not forget about the useful delicacies in the form of dates, prunes, pomegranates, raspberries, cherries.
Red pepper, garlic, curry will add not only spice to your dishes, but will also have an overwhelming effect on estrogen.
All these products will undoubtedly add men's glasses to your “bed karma” :).
Part number 2. Muscular activity and other tips.
Of course, food must replenish something, and for this it is necessary to create an energy deficit through exercise.
- Strength training
The most effective from the point of view of increasing testosterone is a high-volume strength training. In particular, it can be such basic exercises as deadlift, squatting or bench press.
A high-intensity load with a complex of crossfit exercises may also be appropriate.
Workouts-workouts, but do not forget about the rest. It is necessary to control the level of cortisol in the blood and to avoid overtraining. Give your body more days of rest, reduce the number of sets and reps. Your complete sleep should be 7-8 hours
Cortisol inhibits the action of testosterone, so do not worry about small things and smile more often!
- Training surrounded by girls
Find a gym or fitness room where the beautiful female sex works and infiltrate to them. You will immediately receive +40% to the secretion of your male hormone. Alternatively, you can bring along a girlfriend or a good friend.
- Cardio training
Start jogging, but first read these articles: [How to run correctly], [How to choose running shoes]. Fat deposits in the abdomen contribute to the transformation of male hormones into female.
- Emotional pumping
It is important to keep not only your muscles, but also the mind in good shape. Therefore, more bright moments, extreme situations, innocent flirting. All this will disperse your psyche and create the necessary positive attitude.
Actually, these are all tips for increasing testosterone by popular handy means. We will summarize and round out.
Here is another one written (already 65 on account) article. I think you learned a lot today about the main male hormone - testosterone. Now your task is to re-read everything, highlight what is necessary for you and transfer all this knowledge to the practical plane, but with this you can do fine without me.
Until new meetings, dear readers, I was glad to broadcast for you!
Ps. Do not forget to ask your questions, unsubscribe comments and share information with your brethren on the piece of iron!
Additional Information on Testosterone Synthesis
Testosterone production in men occurs in testicular tissues, in special Leydig cells. This hormone is synthesized from cholesterol. It should immediately be noted that the production of testosterone is controlled by luteinizing hormone, which is produced in the pituitary gland (part of the brain). By the way, this substance is produced not only in the testicles. A small amount of testosterone is synthesized by adrenal cells. This hormone is present in the body of a woman, only its level is much lower.
What level of hormone is considered normal?
Immediately it should be said that the level of this hormone depends on the age and condition of the man. If we talk about babies of the first year of life, then this indicator varies from 0.42 to 0.72 nmol / l. In children under the age of 13, the amount of this substance rises slightly and is 0.1-2.37 nmol / l.
During puberty (13–18 years), the level of the hormone rises sharply, since it is at this time that the reproductive system is actively developing and secondary sexual characteristics are forming. At this age, the amount of this substance in the blood of boys increases - the indicator is 0.98-38.5 nmol / l. The norm of testosterone in men of reproductive age (18-50 years old) ranges from 8.64 to 29 nmol / l. It is worth noting that after 40 years, the amount of hormone produced begins to gradually decrease. It is believed that for the year the level of testosterone is reduced by about 1-1.5%. These are completely normal changes that are associated with the gradual aging of the body.
The main functions of the male hormone
What role does testosterone play in men? In fact, it is a very important hormone. First of all, it is worth noting that this substance ensures sexual development, in particular, male-type hair growth, development of the reproductive system. It is proved that thanks to testosterone, the representatives of the stronger sex have a more aggressive character. This hormone also activates anabolic processes, promotes muscle growth and the process of burning fat. The substance is involved in mineral metabolism, maintains a normal level of bone density. Any change in the level of the hormone affects the body.
The main causes of lower hormone levels
We have already figured out the questions about what testosterone is and what is its value for the male body. But many men face the problem of reducing the amount of this hormone. Sometimes it is a natural process (the level of testosterone in men decreases as the body ages). If we are talking about the violation of the normal hormonal balance in a young body, then this may indicate the presence of various disorders.
In some cases, testosterone deficiency is primary - this is observed in the presence of congenital anatomical or physiological abnormalities. If we are talking about secondary pathology, then there is a rather large list of risk factors:
- Constant stress and emotional overstrain are associated with an increase in the level of adrenaline in the blood. This substance inhibits the synthesis of testosterone.
- The cause may be genital trauma.
- Risk factors include malnutrition. It has been proven that a decrease in the level of this hormone may be associated with excessive use of alcohol, caffeine, fatty foods, salt, sugar, and effervescent beverages.
- Testosterone deficiency can be a side effect of taking various medications, anabolic steroids.
- The list of possible causes include inactive lifestyle, acute and chronic inflammatory diseases.
What are the symptoms of testosterone deficiency?
Immediately it should be said that the clinical picture with a deficiency of this hormone may be different. Nevertheless, there are a number of symptoms that are worth paying attention to:
- enhanced sweat
- obesity (subcutaneous fat is deposited mainly in the abdomen),
- weight loss,
- impaired bone density
- muscle weakness
- excessive dryness, skin flabbiness,
- breast growth,
- anemia (anemia),
- decreased libido
- problems with erection, sometimes even impotence,
- flushing of the face
- reduction of hair growth on the face and body,
- reduced performance
- irritability, insomnia, confusion, problems with concentration.
A decrease in testosterone levels is dangerous. In some cases, this condition is accompanied by a sharp deterioration in general well-being, loss of interest in life, and sometimes depressive states. In addition, hormone deficiency often causes infertility.
In fact, to determine the presence of hormonal imbalance is simple. For this you only need to donate blood for analysis. During the procedure, the laboratory technician will be able to accurately determine the amount of testosterone in the blood. Nevertheless, in the process of diagnosis it is important to identify the causes of hormonal imbalance. For this purpose, additional procedures are carried out: ultrasound, computed tomography, electrocardiography, spermogram, biopsy. These studies also make it possible to identify certain complications arising against the background of hormonal imbalance.
The decision on how to raise testosterone is made by the attending physician. If we are talking about a serious form of deficiency, then the patient is recommended replacement therapy. Treatment consists in the introduction of synthetic testosterone into the body. Currently used:
- solutions for internal injections (testosterone cypionate, testosterone buciclate, testosterone enanate),
- subdermal means (special implants containing testosterone are inserted under the patient's skin),
- transdermal means: gels for external use and patches,
- tablets for oral administration: "Methyltestosterone", "Oxymetholone", "Mesterolone".
How to increase testosterone in men at home?
Если речь идет лишь о небольшом колебании уровня тестостерона, то нормализовать гормональный фон можно и без применения специальных лекарственных средств:
- В данном случае огромное значение имеет правильное питание. Fast carbohydrates (pastries, sweets, chocolate), soft drinks, fatty foods should be excluded from the diet. The menu should contain foods rich in minerals (nuts, fish, seafood), vitamins (fresh vegetables and fruits, greens), proteins (lean meats) complex carbohydrates and unsaturated fats.
- It is worth refusing alcohol, smoking, narcotic drugs.
- Increase testosterone and help regular physical activity. Doctors recommend to engage in any feasible sport.
- Hardening has a positive effect on the state of the body.
- Also, experts recommend to observe the regime of sleep and rest, to avoid stress. It will be useful to do yoga or meditative practices.
Increasing the level of male hormones and its causes
Many men face the problem of lowering hormone levels. Above, we have already considered effective ways to increase testosterone in men. But some representatives of the stronger sex are faced with a completely opposite system - an increase in the amount of the hormone synthesized, which can also be dangerous. Here are the main causes of hormonal failure:
- tumor formation in the testes and adrenal glands,
- the body's resistance to androgen substances,
- increased physical exertion
- Reifenstein syndrome (hereditary male hermaphroditism),
- Itsenko-Cushing syndrome (tumor in the pituitary gland),
- congenital hyperplasia or dysfunction of the adrenal cortex.
How dangerous can high testosterone levels be?
In fact, an excess of testosterone is no less dangerous than its deficiency. Such men are well developed physically. However, they are less restrained, more aggressive.
The explosive nature and increased sexual activity are not all that patients who suffer from elevated testosterone levels have to face:
- Under the influence of the male hormone, the sebaceous glands are activated, which leads to their blockage with the further development of acne.
- Hormonal imbalance increases the likelihood of developing heart disease and blood vessels, which often result in a heart attack.
- Apnea (involuntary breath-holding) during sleep. Such a violation can lead to the development of hypertension and stroke.
- Increased testosterone in men is often accompanied by liver damage. By the way, this problem is faced by athletes who take synthetic anabolic steroids.
- A recent study found a link between high testosterone levels and prostate cancer.
- Infertility may be a consequence of hormonal imbalance.
How to reduce the amount of hormone?
The treatment of such a pathology is directly related to the cause of hyperproduction of the hormone. For example, if excess testosterone is associated with the presence of a tumor in the tissues of the adrenal glands or testicles, the doctor may recommend surgical removal. Sometimes patients require drug therapy - they are prescribed to receive analogues of luteinizing hormone. An important stage of treatment is the observance of the correct regimen: a man needs to work, properly rest, go to bed on time. Experts recommend normalizing sex - they should also be regular. It is necessary to correct the power scheme. Products such as soybeans, red grapes and linseed oil contain large amounts of phytoestrogens, which inhibit the secretion of male sex hormones. Experts at the time recommend to limit the amount of meat. It is also not recommended to abuse caffeine.
The role of testosterone in the female body
As already mentioned, the male sex hormone is produced in the female body, only in much smaller quantities. Nevertheless, it plays an important role in the functioning of various organ systems. A decrease in testosterone levels in women is also accompanied by unpleasant, sometimes even dangerous symptoms. For example, a deficiency of this hormone affects the state of the sebaceous glands and bone marrow. This substance plays a role in the process of maturation of follicles in the ovaries.
In addition, a decrease in testosterone levels leads to a decrease in sexual desire, impaired sensitivity of the external genital organs. Patients with a similar diagnosis complain of constant fatigue, fatigue, physical weakness (due to sudden loss of muscle mass), poor mood, depression.
As you can see, this hormone is very important for both the male and the female body. If you have symptoms that indicate a progressive hormonal imbalance, you should immediately consult a doctor.
What is testosterone responsible for?
There are several male hormones, but testosterone is definitely recognized as the main one. It is he who, like a conductor, controls the work of almost all body systems, affecting not only the way of thinking, but also the ability to work, energy and behavior. About how much testosterone for men's health means, you can talk for a very, very long time.
Testosterone is proudly called the “hormone of kings,” since it was the representatives of the male, whose organism was abundant with this component, occupied the highest positions, became leaders and always took the initiative in their hands.
What factors affect the amount of testosterone?
Almost 95 percent of testosterone is produced in the testicles by the so-called Leydig cells. The first peak of hormone production falls on intrauterine development (to be more precise, then on the twenty-third week). At this stage, the level of the hormone helps to determine the sex of the child - in boys it is five, or even six times more. However, it is impossible not to clarify that with each year of life, the level of testosterone production slows down, and in the majority of men, at thirty-five to fifty years (depending on how much the “testeronist” man was) reduced to almost zero. No matter how strange it may sound, but men begin a kind of menopause, nicknamed Andropause, during which the production of the hormone stops.
Nevertheless, there are factors that directly affect the production of testosterone:
At all times, it was believed that the best way to kill the flesh is to give up meat. It is a vegetarian diet that stimulates the slowdown in testosterone production. It is caused by a decrease in the level of cholesterol, without which the hormone cannot be produced. Of course, certain posts will not make a man a eunuch, but sexual desire will be reduced at times.
Some men literally “drown” in female hormones. It is caused not by genetic predisposition, but by their way of life. Frequent consumption of meat grown on hormonal supplements, beer, rich in phytoestrogens and other similar products will not add to the male power. Beer is generally a "wonderful" way to turn a man into a woman, no operations are needed.
In this matter, men of northern latitudes do not live very well. Experts believe that the production of testosterone is stimulated by the sun's rays, of which there are not so many in Russia. Someone even tries to explain the surge of sexual activity in all resorts by the influence of the sun.
It is a real poison for the testicles. It is noticed that alcohol consumption significantly reduces the production of male hormones. These drinks cause desire, except that they do not provide the strength to fulfill desires. And the lack of intelligence in a drunken person lowers him to the level of animals that do not need male hormones in general.
All sorts of difficulties and moral upheavals greatly inhibit the body, and, as a result, reduce the production of testosterone and shorten its lifespan. Here, your husband took a mortgage and the financial burden hung over him with a Damocles sword - all, do not hope now that he will be as strong as before: his testosterone level will be constantly lowered. By the way, the example of a mortgage is not our invention - this is one of the examples that the lecturer cites in testosterone videos that we shared here.
The prolonged heating of the testicles, without any exaggeration, can make a man sterile for some time. On the one hand, it is an effective means of contraception, but on the other - a very gross negative intervention in the proper functioning of the body.
Italian scientists have proven that men who prefer tight elastic underwear have every chance of becoming infertile. In turn, connoisseurs of "family members" can rightfully be called "macho." You decide - to be a man in not very stylish family shorts or a little man in some fashionable strings ...
A variety of viruses (such as hepatitis and urethritis) may well contribute to a decrease in testosterone production.
And this is not the whole list of dangers that harm testosterone and masculinity of the strong half of humanity. Unfortunately, there are many factors that contribute to the fact that men are becoming less and less, and their quality is falling.
Testosterone: how to increase it in natural ways?
The tips are quite simple and may seem obvious to you, however, in simplicity, the strength:
- You need to settle your meals.
"Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you what will happen to you ..." First of all, be sure to ensure that the body receives all the necessary substances, and although there is nothing new here, we will still clarify which substances in question:
- minerals. They are the main building material, since without them (and in particular, without zinc), testosterone production in principle is impossible. Zinc is found in large quantities in fish, various seafood, nuts and pumpkin seeds.
- vitamins. Any body needs vitamins for normal functioning. A special role in the synthesis of testosterone is played by vitamins of group C, E and B, which are contained in citrus fruits, berries, nuts and fish oil.
- carbohydrates, proteins and fats are the basis of human activity, without which no biological process occurs. For the most part, they are all contained in meat, which many experts advise to use to maintain normal testosterone levels.
- It should be more time to sleep
Most of the sex hormones are produced during the deep sleep phase. Therefore, if you do not periodically fill up, then all measures taken to increase testosterone, will be reduced to zero. Remember that healthy sleep lasts at least seven to eight hours and takes place in complete peace and quiet.
- Do not neglect physical activity.
All sorts of exercises with burdening lead to an increase in testosterone production. A competent approach to this process will give a tangible increase in the male hormone. Yes, and look at this man will be much more courageous.
- It is necessary to maintain a positive mental attitude
Psychologists also contributed to the advice for those who want to increase testosterone levels. They argue that any, even the most insignificant victory, will increase the level of the male hormone, even if only for a while.
Remember that this issue should be approached comprehensively, then the "treatment" will be a pleasant pastime and its effect will increase significantly!
Testosterone: the norm in women
Despite the close attention of the male to testosterone, women, too, should not be forgotten. In girls, this hormone is responsible for the formation of constitution, timbre of voice, level of libido.
For example, if a woman is pregnant with a boy, then at a certain stage of development, the fetus will begin to show hormonal activity and release some amount of male sex hormones into the mother’s blood, which will affect her sex drive and metabolism.
It is believed that the level of testosterone in women should be ten times lower than in men. Values from 0.45 to 3.75 nmol / l are considered the norm. Excess hormone affects the entire body is not the best way.
Testosterone: the norm in men
To determine the level of testosterone in men can be through blood tests or observation of external signs. However, it should be borne in mind that this is an indicator that fluctuates significantly throughout the day. The maximum amount of this hormone is observed in the first half of the day, and in the evening its amount drops sharply.
The generally accepted rate of testosterone in men: 11-33 nmol / l. Any man should fit into it, without “discounts” on age or state of health.
Drugs to increase testosterone
To date, there are many drugs that increase the level of testosterone synthesis. Many of them deserve the love of athletes (anabolic steroids), and some have been used as a means of enhancing male power. Special attention should be paid to the following names:
— Tribulus terrestris
It actively affects the pituitary gland and improves testosterone production. Manufacturers of this drug claim that it contains only natural herbal ingredients that do not cause any side effects. Athletes confirm the words of the manufacturer, and say that if you do not abuse this tool, then there will be no problems.
— Testosterone Enanthate
This supplement is used mainly by bodybuilders who deal with frequent physical exertion. The drug has an androgenic and anabolic effect, that is, increases the strength and muscle mass.
— Testosterone Undecanoate
The advantage of this drug lies in the relatively small number of possible side effects. It has a mild androgenic effect that does not inhibit your own testosterone production and does not harm the body. Especially useful for increasing libido, but muscle mass does not help build up.
Well, at the end of the topic of the importance of testosterone, I would like to share interesting lectures on this topic. Olga Butakova tells them, judging by the description of a doctor and a woman with a rather interesting sense of humor. Not all of these lectures are perceived in the same way, the reactions are diametrically opposed - someone turns off immediately after the phrase that “men are not adapted to life”, someone, on the contrary, is delighted and advises all friends to get acquainted with these rollers, as they describe real ways to preserve masculinity and a high level of testosterone in our harsh and non-ecological world: