The causes of the appearance of crusts on the head in infants and 3 ways to remove them
Parents are usually worried when a peculiar crust appears on their child’s head. Mom can notice such a small growth while still in the hospital. In some babies, these crusts are preserved for up to a year, and although they themselves do not cause any inconvenience to the children, parents still seek to get rid of dubious growths. That is why all mothers should arm themselves with information about what the crusts on babies' heads are, whether they are harmful and how to remove them.
Causes of crusts
In infants, the appearance of crusts is a very common phenomenon. Perhaps, every second baby has seborrheic crusts, regardless of whether there are hairs on the head or not. The name "seborrheic crusts" in this case is arbitrary, since outwardly these crusts resemble the symptoms of seborrhea. True, unlike real seborrheic crusts, infant crusts have no relation to the disease. In babies, the formation of crusts on the skin is a natural process, the root of which is the unresolved work of the sebaceous and sweat glands. Some babies appear dense yellow crusts, others have thin white, similar to sticky dandruff. This is an individual feature, but in its origin it is one and the same phenomenon.
Despite the fact that the formation of crusts is a natural process, some actions of parents can increase their growth:
- Overheating. Kids that are wrapped up even in the warmth and put on a hat sweat more. From this crust formed more actively.
- Frequent shampooing. The skin of the baby does not yet have reliable protection, therefore frequent shampooing with shampoo or soap only aggravates the situation.
- Use unsuitable household chemicals. Shampoos and washing gels containing dyes, perfumes and other "chemicals" are not suitable for babies. Children with such funds are often allergic, which increases the formation of seborrheic crusts.
Scale of disaster
Crusts on the baby's head are absolutely harmless. Its only minus is aesthetic. Sometimes you can find the opinion that these crusts interfere with hair growth. This is just another misconception. And yet, most moms prefer to remove growths, because if they do not, they themselves do not go long enough. ( See the article on Why does a child's hair grow poorly)
How to remove
The most effective way to eliminate crusts is mechanical removal. This should be done by a certain method. You can not scrape them with a fingernail or a sharp object - it can injure delicate skin. It is also impossible to remove the crusts, without soaking them beforehand.
To eliminate the crusts from the baby’s head, you will need cosmetic or sterile vegetable oil (you can use petroleum jelly), a thin cap, shampoo and a comb with natural bristles.
- The areas of the scalp on which the crusts appear should be oiled abundantly and held for 20-30 minutes. For better softening, you can wear a thin knitted cap on the head.
- When the proper time for "oiling" is over, you need to carefully remove the crusts with a comb, making movements in different directions.
- The oil from the head and hair is washed off with baby shampoo. During shampooing, areas with crusts can be further massaged with your fingers.
- After bathing, when there is no oil or shampoo left on the head, you can once again “walk” with a comb to remove the separated residues.
You can repeat this procedure, just as you can wash your baby’s hair in general, no more than 2 times a week.
About shampoo from crusts
Instead of the "oil procedure", you can use a special shampoo from the crusts. Not all manufacturers have such means. When it comes to choosing a shampoo, you can trust the recommendations of moms in online communities and reviews of friends. Of course, shampoo will not get rid of combing. In the fight against crusts shampoo replaces the oil, because it contains softening ingredients. Unlike oil, it is necessary to lather on the head and rinse off after 2-3 minutes, and after rinsing, proceed to combing the exfoliated crusts. The effectiveness of this method is difficult to assess objectively. Apparently, personal features play a big role, because one shampoo helps for several applications, and the other does not help for months.
Prevention of appearance
If preventive actions do not relieve parents completely of the problem of the crusts on the head of a baby, then at least reduce their spread.
- Do not overheat the crumb. In a warm room, always take off your hat. At home, it is also far from always that even for a newborn it is advisable to be in a hat.
- Keep air humidity at the right level.
- Without fanaticism, treat your baby's head. Wash with detergent can be 1-2 times a week.
- Carefully select household chemicals for crumbs, so as not to provoke allergies and dermatitis.
- Use a comb daily, even if there is nothing special to comb. Massage with a comb from natural bristles is a good prevention of the formation of crusts.
Seborrheic crusts on the head of the crumbs - not such a serious problem, as it may seem to moms. If the crust can not be removed in any way - you can contact a specialist, but in most cases this trouble does not require medical intervention and serious measures.
We read on the topic of care:
Mother's Theme: How to remove seborrheic crusts from the head of a newborn
Hello girls! Today I will tell you how I managed to get in shape, lose 20 kilograms, and finally get rid of creepy complexes of fat people. I hope the information will be useful to you!
Do you want to read our materials first? Subscribe to our telegram channel
Causes of "generic dirt"
The exact cause of the appearance of a crust on the head in a newborn is unknown, although some scientists suggest that this is caused by excessive production of sebum in the sebaceous glands and hair follicles.
A type of fungus called malassezia can grow in skin fat along with bacteria. This is another factor in the formation of a crust on the head of a child.
Seborrhea most often occurs in infants and adolescents. During these periods of a person’s life, hormone levels are high, which also plays a role.
Certain factors, such as extreme weather conditions, oily skin, weak immunity, stress and the presence of other skin diseases increase the likelihood of seborrhea in a child.
Each child's seborrheic crusts have different shapes and sizes. They can be combined into bundles, scales, or located far from each other on the body.
Affected areas have one or more of The following symptoms:
- Thick crust or plaque on the head of the baby. Sometimes it is on the ears, eyelids, eyebrows, nose, neck, groin or armpits.
- Sebaceous spots on the skin, covered with yellow or white scales.
- Dandruff in infants.
When do I need to see a doctor?
Usually, seborrheic dermatitis is easy to identify at home simply by looking at the crusts.
but See your doctor if:
- you are processing the crusts for the first time,
- your child has a crust in places where he has no hair,
- you tried home procedures, and they all did not lead to success,
- skin condition worsens and a rash covers large parts of the body,
- a rash leads to hair loss or itching,
- the affected skin is hot, red and edematous to the touch - these are signs of infection,
- your child has a weakened immune system.
- Moisten the air in the room. An infant with seborrhea often has other manifestations associated with dry, easily irritated skin.
Use a humidifier in the baby’s room to maintain optimum air humidity so that the baby’s skin does not become too dry,
Seborrheic dermatitis may disappear for several months and then suddenly appear. But by following the steps above, you can control it.
Many mothers are well aware of what seborrheic dermatitis looks like in infants, as it occurs quite often. We list the main features:
- Grayish or yellowish scales, covering partially or completely the scalp of the baby. The greatest concentration of scales falls on the parietal region. Accumulate in a dense layer, popularly called the cap, shell, lullaby.
- Crusts are formed on other parts of the body. Rarely can they appear on the neck, face, behind the ears. Dermatitis in the newborn affects the gluteal, axillary and inguinal regions.
- The formation of seborrheic crusts is not accompanied by inflammatory processes and does not cause irritation, which allows them to be distinguished from atopic dermatitis. Details about atopic dermatitis are described in our other materials.
- Scales look unassuming, but do not cause itching. The child does not react to them, he does not feel discomfort.
What causes the appearance of scales?
Doctors have not identified exactly the reasons leading to the formation of seborrheic crusts. Only assumptions are voiced, among which are the following:
- The formation of the endocrine system of the baby. Developing inside the mother's womb, the child's body receives the necessary hormones from it. After birth, the withdrawal of the received hormones begins, which leads to a predictable failure of the endocrine system. The work of the sebaceous glands is intensified, excess fat protrudes on the skin in the form of small scabs, so a crust forms on the head. Since the hormonal background of children may be different, some babies do not show it at all.
- Negative external stimuli. The crust is formed due to the long wearing of a headdress. Sweat and heat provoke seborrheic dermatitis. In addition, the scales on the head of the baby are formed from frequent washing. Using the wrong detergents causes the upper layer of the epidermis to dry out. Dry skin becomes the culprit in the malfunction of the sebaceous glands.
- The quality of food mom. It is assumed that seborrhea on the head is the response of the infant's body to the improper diet of the mother (we recommend reading: seborrhea of the baby’s scalp: treatment). Perhaps with the mother's milk, the baby receives certain elements that affect the endocrine system. The same version applies to artificial feeding, when the child is given a mixture, poorly tolerated by his body. It provokes disease and early introduction of complementary foods.
- Activation of conditionally pathogenic fungus Malassezia furfur. Mushroom constantly lives in our skin. Hormonal failure gives impetus to the rapid reproduction of the fungus, which leads to the appearance of yellow lesions.
- Immune weakening. The version is based on the fact that every baby is born with a weak immunity. If the protective functions of the child are weakened, reproduction of the fungus described above begins and the functioning of the sebaceous glands is impaired. Small weight of crumbs, infectious disease, heredity also affect the stability of the immune system.
How to determine seborrheic dermatitis?
Correctly diagnose the disease can only be a specialist. A dermatologist, comparing the signs, is able to distinguish the disease from ringworm, atopic dermatitis, an infectious skin disease, psoriasis. The conclusion of the diagnosis is based on an external examination and results of analyzes, which include:
- microscopy and mycological examination of scales,
- skin biopsy,
- research as a hormonal background of the child.
What is the treatment?
Yellow crusts that cause anxiety in mom do not pose a danger to the life of the crumbs.
Pediatricians recommend the following procedures:
- Lubricate the scales on the head of the infant, behind the ears, on the forehead and on the eyebrows with cleansing oils. Pharmacies offer different types of oils: almond, primrose, peach, jojoba, olive. Oils are sold in conventional bubbles and in the form of sprays.
- To treat places of accumulation of lesions (behind the ears, on the eyebrows, on the forehead) with cleansing gels, creams, emulsions. Under their influence, the crusts soften, they do not have to be combed out, rinse the child's head well enough and remove the remnants with hands. In addition, the composition of the gels and creams include substances that regulate the sebaceous glands. The release of excess fat is reduced and the "shell" is not formed. Drugs produced in France work well: D.S. Uriage and Mustela Stelaker. Apply overnight and rinse thoroughly in the morning.
- Wash the baby with anti-seboric shampoos. Shampoos are applied to wet hair, rubbed so that a thick foam is formed. Hold for 5 minutes and wash your baby. Use the brand "Frieder" containing antifungal substances.
- Apply dermatological creams. The drug should be rubbed into the dry scalp up to 2 times a day, do not rinse. The best children's cream - Bioderma Sensibio DS +. It acts against microbes and restores the normal functioning of the sebaceous glands.
Use any of the medicinal preparations only after a doctor's prescription, and no more than twice a week. Duration of treatment is 1-2 months. If you are afraid of artificial formulations, refer to traditional medicine, which has its own, long-established methods of dealing with seborrhea. We offer the most common method of national deliverance from an unpleasant phenomenon.
What folk remedies help?
The main folk method of treatment of illness is the use of vegetable oils: sea buckthorn, sunflower, olive. The oils soften the crusts, then gently comb them. The process goes like this:
- Liberally lubricate the affected area with oil and leave it for 20 minutes. Before the procedure, do not moisten the baby's hair, the skin should be dry.
- For a good softening of the crust, you should wear a thin knit hat on the head of the crumbs.
- Take a soft brush and carefully remove the scabs from the head and behind the ears.
- Wash hair and crumbs with shampoo to remove any oil residue.
- If after washing the scales still remain, you need to take a clean brush and comb them.
The same popular method, which helps to remove scales, is suitable for treating dermatitis on the eyebrows and behind the ears. If your treasure has long hair, cut it before the procedure so that it does not interfere. Follow the action of the cream or shampoo. If you experience an allergic reaction, immediately rinse off the product, refuse to use this shampoo or gel, try another brand.
The crushed butter or cream crusts are painlessly removed with a soft brush
What absolutely can not be done?
A warning to impatient moms and those who care about the aesthetic appearance of your offspring: it is strictly forbidden to strip off crusts or remove them from dry skin. Such removal only provokes the formation of new scales. Conducting a "barbaric" procedure, you can injure the skin. The resulting wound provokes infection, the situation will worsen.
What complications does seborrhea cause?
Complications do not appear by themselves, there are always provoking factors - improper care, the effects of diet, drying of the skin of the head lead to complications of dermatitis. Then the crusts on the head turn into a depressing state. Remember the appearance of alarms:
- The expansion of the area of scaly "shell", the transition from the head to other parts of the body. Redness and itching appear. Hereditary predisposition to atopy leads to the development of atopic dermatitis.
- The slightest wound or abrasion in the area of seborrhea causes skin infection, which can lead to secondary infection with streptococci and staphylococci. Rash acquire pustular character, the area of the affected skin increases, dermatitis becomes axillary, gluteal and inguinal areas. Crumbs will have to give antibacterial drugs.
Можно ли предотвратить образование корочек?
Успешно устранив неприятный процесс, мамы ищут средства, способные не допустить повторения проблемы. Dr. Komarovsky, explaining why dermatitis appears, focuses on the diet. The famous pediatrician offers nursing moms balance their diet, reducing the proportion of carbohydrates and fatty foods that affect the fat content of milk. It will help not to face the problem again and simple preventive measures:
- Install a humidifier at home. The device will support the necessary humidity in the room, which is especially important for children with dry skin and prone to allergies.
- Use after washing the head crumbs moisturizers (gels, lotions) children's series. Handle not only the head, but also the space behind the ears. They will protect the skin from peeling and dryness.
- Accompanying milk crusts with itching, redness and diarrhea indicates the presence of allergy in the baby. Go to the doctor, he will analyze the condition, and will develop for you and crumbs a sparing diet.
- Wear your treasure for the weather, do not wrap it in a hundred clothes. Touch the temechko and the feet of the newborn: if they are dry, it means that they are properly dressed, if they are hot, make it easier to wear. In addition, overheating causes a weakening of the immune system.
The described measures are relevant and after cured seborrhea, and at the time when you get rid of it. If your treasure is diagnosed with seborrheic dermatitis, do not be intimidated. Milk scales are not dangerous, they are only a temporary phenomenon, which is successfully treated with simple means. A competent approach to treatment is a sure tool for quickly getting rid of the annoying “stain” on the child's appearance.
This growth is often referred to as a “lullaby”. There are crusts on the head of the infant in the first two months of life. Some mothers have such a problem. By law, such women and their babies can be called lucky, since getting rid of such a “hat” is quite difficult. Why does a crust appear on the baby's head?
The reasons for the formation of a "lullaby hat"
It is known that such a growth appears in most cases due to disruption of the sebaceous glands. However, there are several reasons for the formation of a crust on the head of a baby:
- predisposition of the infant to an allergic reaction,
- mom's poor nutrition during breastfeeding,
- unsuitable milk mixture
- wrong choice of bathing facilities,
- substandard materials baby clothes.
If you find such educations in a child, it is important to remove them correctly.
Method One: Using Popular Methods
In order to remove the crusts on the head of the infant, it is necessary to take vegetable or baby oil. If necessary, you can replace the tool with conventional petroleum jelly or baby cream.
A few hours before bathing, grease with a selected agent the yellow crusts on the baby's head. Then put on a cap made from natural breathable fabrics. This compress is necessary to keep at least two hours.
After the specified time, you can begin to swim. Rinse the treated areas thoroughly with shampoo or bath gel during shampooing. After the bath, gently comb the hair of a children's plastic comb. Make sure that the growths go off gently, and at the same time do not damage the delicate skin.
Repeat the described manipulation the necessary number of times until the moment when the crusts on the head of the infant disappear completely.
The second option: the use of special shampoos
In recent years, manufacturers of well-known bathing products for babies produce special shampoos that contribute to the independent discharge of the “lullaby of a hat”. You just need to use such tools for daily bathing the child, and the crusts on the baby's head will peel off on their own.
The most famous brands of these types of cleansers are: Eared Nyan, Mustela, A-Derma.
Method Three: Prevention
If there is a crust on the baby’s head, this suggests that it is necessary to completely revise everything that the child is in contact with.
To get started, start with yourself. Do you eat right? A nursing woman should avoid consuming large amounts of salt and spices, smoked meats and rich foods. Otherwise, a large amount of fat enters breast milk, which, in turn, disrupts the baby's sebaceous glands.
If the baby is bottle-fed, then it may be necessary to replace the formula. Maybe the baby has a banal allergic reaction to it, which manifests itself in this way.
Examine the composition of bathing products and shampoos. Perhaps the child’s scabs appeared precisely because of an allergy to the cleansing gels. Check out all your baby's clothes. Perhaps in the composition of things you will find synthetic fabrics that cause an allergic reaction in the baby. In this case, it is urgent to exclude them from use. Purchase high-quality cotton or linen items for children.
Another way to peel baby’s delicate skin
During and after bathing, give the child a head massage. A prerequisite is mom's manicure. Long nails should not touch and damage the skin of the newborn.
Gently massage the scalp with your fingertips, lightly pressing on it. If you massage during bathing, you can use a special shampoo from seborrheic crusts at the same time. In this case, the effect will be enhanced.
Due to the massage, the blood supply to the skin is improved, and they are regenerated faster.
Each time after the baby takes the water procedures, gently wipe his head with the edge of the diaper. This will also help remove the growths that have formed.
What to do if you have already tried all the described methods of dealing with a “lullaby”, and there is no improvement?
Perhaps the baby has some health problems. In this case, you need to contact your pediatrician, who will appoint a number of necessary tests. These may include the following studies: a blood and urine test, a study of the material of the formation itself.
After receiving the results, if necessary, the doctor will prescribe the correct treatment.
If even a small area of seborrhea is found, it is necessary to immediately start fighting with it, otherwise you risk getting the baby's head completely covered with a thick layer of growth.
Never try to scrape away the crusts with your nails. Otherwise, you can severely damage the delicate skin of the newborn and carry the infection.
It is also impossible to comb out dried combs with metal combs. You can hurt the kid and scare him badly.
Try to contact your doctor if you have any concerns. Then you will be calm, and your baby will be healthy and cheerful.
Why does a crust form on the child's head?
The medical name for such growths is seborrheic dermatitis in infants. It is characteristic for every second crumb up to a year. As a rule, after a couple of days after arrival from the maternity hospital, moms notice that yellow or white crusts appear on the head, behind the ears, on the forehead and eyebrows of an infant, which you want to clean off. They are fat in structure, vaguely resembling dandruff. If there are a lot of scales, a scab is formed, and from the side it looks as if the baby is wearing a hat. Seborrheic crusts on the head of the infant do not itch at all.
Yellow crusts appear because the baby still has malfunctioning sweat and sebaceous glands. The latter work too actively, and the former, on the contrary, are weaker than necessary. In addition, there are factors provoking the situation. Causes of crusts:
- Overheating. If you constantly wrap up your child and don’t take the cap off of it almost at all, be prepared for education on the head and ears of yellow scales, which will have to be brushed off. The sweat glands of the baby can not cope with overheating.
- Shampooing too often. The child has very delicate skin, which is noticeable even in the photo. If you wash his head every day with shampoos or soap, dissolve the natural protective layer.
- Predisposition of the child to allergies. Scales on the head of the baby are able to appear after the first feeding. This is an allergic reaction.
- The use of unsuitable household chemicals. Soaps and shampoos with dyes and fragrances are not suitable for children's skin. Use special baby cosmetics with safe ingredients.
- A nursing mother does not feed properly. If a woman eats something that can provoke an allergic reaction, the baby’s head can crust. Young mother is obliged to monitor her diet with all care.
Shampoo from crusts on the head of a child
It is preferable to use a specialized children's cosmetics, aimed at restoring the protective ability of the skin. The shampoo from the crusts on the head of the infant should be with a mild detergent base, without aggressive ingredients, flavors. Pay attention to the main function of the tool, it should be directed to balancing the microflora of the skin. As part of the shampoo, the presence of a substance acting against crusts, for example, salicylic acid, is mandatory.
It is important to use the tool correctly. First, seborrheic crusts should be treated with fatty oil. This should be done with massage movements so as not to damage the skin. An hour later, the oil is washed off with shampoo. It needs to be foamed and left on the head and eyebrows for one or two minutes to soften the crusts. Then the skin should be gently blot dry with a towel and gradually remove the scales with a brush with a natural bristle. For a complete cleansing procedure must be repeated several times.
Should I go to the doctor
Gneiss does not require medical treatment, light, not running stages of seborrheic dermatitis do not threaten the baby’s health, you can easily get rid of it at home, you just need to know how to remove crusts from the baby’s head. But there are cases when a doctor still needs to be contacted:
- If the skin condition worsens, crusts form on the face, body,
- If home seborrhea removal procedures are not successful,
- If the rash causes hair loss and itching,
- If, after an attempt to remove the crust, wounds appear on the skin,
- If the skin is lesions, red and hot, indicating signs of infection
How to remove seborrheic crusts in infants?
Remember that gneiss is not a serious disease requiring medical therapy. It is not necessary to treat it in principle, but many parents are not satisfied with the unattractive look of scales on the child’s head, especially if there are a lot of them. To make your baby look healthy and beautiful, from the crusts on the head of newborns, you still need to get rid of, and how to remove the scales, see below.
How to remove seborrheic crusts on the baby’s head using oil
To remove seborrheic crusts on the head of a baby, you need to follow a number of simple rules:
- Carefully apply baby oil to the affected areas (sterilized vegetable oil is also used), rubbing it into the scab with soft movements to capture the entire affected part of the head. This procedure is done before bathing, in 20-30 minutes. To prevent the baby from getting dirty, put a hat on it.
- Wash your head with hypoallergenic shampoo, without adding artificial flavors, it is better to take a special shampoo for the prevention of gneiss. After taking a bath, scaly formations soften noticeably. You can re-lubricate them with a thin layer of any children's care products.
- Next, take a cotton swab and very slowly peel.
- If some areas can not be removed, you do not need to tear them off, it only hurts the baby, when soaking the peel, and so perfectly depart without any effort. Wait for the following procedure, and in order to better remove the scales, oil them more abundantly and increase the time for softening.
Cosmetics against seborrheic crusts in children
- Baby moisturizing oil. Used in the dry form of seborrheic dermatitis. Dry affected areas on the head are softened with olive, almond or peach oil, and Johnsons Baby Baby Massage Oil is also excellent.
- Shampoo designed to prevent the occurrence of seborrheic crusts. Shampoo gently applied to the head and leave for a few minutes, then wash off with warm water. The most popular products in this area are Nizoral, Friedermck, Dermazole. Shampoo for seborrheic dermatitis in children should be soft so as not to harm the delicate skin of the baby.
- Cleansers The drug is applied to the head and left overnight, washed off after sleep, you can also use a cleansing agent during shampooing, and remove the scales 5 minutes after application. The most popular drugs: topikrem and sophorel.
- For small formations of scales used dermatological creams with a minimum fat content. It is applied to the head or skin of a child 1-2 times a day, washing is not required.
- Mustela Stelaker cream is applied to the affected areas at night and in the morning they are washed off using the same line of Mustel Bebe Shampoo. Means clean seborrheic crusts have antifungal effect.
All of these types of moisturizers can not only moisturize and remove scales, but also normalize the sebaceous glands and prevent further development of dermatitis. Use means for removal of seborrhea no more than 2 times a week.
Antiseborrhoeic remedy, like any other cosmetic product, can cause allergies in a child, if this happens, wash it thoroughly and do not use it again.
How to eliminate
From the untapped form of this dermatitis, you can easily get rid of at home. To determine whether your child needs the intervention of a doctor, you need to look at the head of the newborn: if the scratch is easily removed when combing, leaving no wounds, it means that you can cope with the disease yourself.
Mechanical removal of crusts
To remove unaesthetic crusts at home, you must adhere to the following rules.
- 2-3 hours before bathing, treat the affected part of the head with baby oil. Keep in mind that every crust must be missed. So that the baby does not get dirty, you can put a hat on your head.
- Next, you need to wash the head with baby shampoo, and then blot with a towel.
- For swimming, you need to use only natural hypoallergenic products that do not contain artificial flavors.
- After it is required to comb the crusts using a comb with rounded teeth. The child must have a personal comb.
- In no case should not apply force to remove dried scales. If some crust is not removed, it must be processed the next time, starting the procedure again.
- If the scales are not removed well, it is necessary to increase the time for them to soften with oil.
- Cleansing oils. You can gradually soften dry lesions on a child’s head with almond, peach or olive oil.
- Means for cleansing. At night it is necessary to apply a hypoallergenic cleansing preparation, and after sleep thoroughly wash it off. Using this method, the crust can be eliminated during shampooing. Also, the funds are able to regulate the functioning of the sebaceous glands and prevent the recurrence of the disease.
- Shampoos against seborrhea. The selected shampoo should be applied to wet hair and lather well. Next, you need to leave the foam on the head for five minutes, then rinse thoroughly.
- Dermatological creams that have a therapeutic effect. To remove the crusts, the cream must be applied to dry skin 1-2 times a day. This method does not require rinsing the drug. Healing creams are able to normalize the functioning of the sebaceous glands and get rid of dermatitis due to its antimicrobial action. Creams can be used to treat seborrheic dermatitis on the face, cheeks and behind the ears.
These funds can be used no more than 2 times a week for 1.5 months. The necessary tool is prescribed by a doctor.
- Treatment with medications is required when the disease passes into a neglected form and if seborrheic crusts appear in a child older than 1 year.
- You should not try to peel the crust with a fingernail, as well as in a dry state. Otherwise, the rapid spread of new scales and the onset of infection attacking the infant through injuries to the skin can begin.
If the treatment with the help of cosmetics has led to an allergic reaction, they should be immediately washed away and no longer used.
Complications may occur if:
- wrong treatment was performed,
- neglected hygiene,
- mother did not follow the diet,
- the skin dries constantly.
Consider the main complications that may arise in this situation:
- The defeat of other parts of the body. Usually this process is accompanied by the appearance of other skin rashes, redness and itching. Also, an untreated crust can develop into atopic dermatitis, if the child is endowed with a predisposition to atopy.
- Попадание инфекции на пораженные участки кожи. Нередко к себорейному дерматиту присоединяется стафилококк или стрептококк, образовывающий гнойники, вследствие чего болезнь переходит на паховую, подмышечную и ягодичную области. In this case, it will be possible to remove the lesions only after undergoing drug treatment with antibacterial drugs.
Review of fixed assets for the treatment of seborrheic dermatitis
- "Bioderma Sensibio D. S.", "Saforel", "Topikrem". To get rid of the crusts on the head of the baby, after washing you can apply these products that moisturize the affected skin well.
- Friederm Zinc, Nizoral, Friederm Tar, Kelyual. These shampoos are designed for washing the head, affected by seborrheic scales. They treat the disease by moisturizing the skin on the head of the newborn, fighting the fungus, rendering anti-inflammatory, fungicidal and keratoregulatory actions.
- Mustela Stelaker Cream moisturizes the crusts at night, while Mustela Bebe Shampoo Shampoo washes away the night cream, providing antifungal action.
Seborrheic dermatitis in infants is not the most terrible diagnosis, but he also needs treatment. With the daily observance of preventive measures, no seborrheic crust will not be able to affect the future health of your baby. If the infant has undergone the disease, it is necessary to immediately begin treatment in order to prevent the development of possible complications.