Hypericum tincture - how to properly prepare and apply
Medicinal properties of Hypericum are known to man for a long time. With the help of this plants folk healers relieved patients from diseases of the cardiovascular, urogenital and respiratory systems, gastrointestinal diseases, strengthened the immune system. The most commonly used tincture is Hypericum on vodka, which had a tonic, diuretic, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic effect on the human body.
What caused such a wide spectrum of action of the herb St. John's wort per person? What is contained in this nondescript plant with small yellow flowers? How to prepare the drug for St. John's wort, and in what dosage to use?
Hypericum is distinguished by a truly unique composition, which still gives scientists a reason to study more thoroughly. This plant contains:
- vitamins A, C, E and PP,
Hypericum tincture with vodka
It is thanks to these components that herb tincture helps to strengthen the walls of blood vessels, suspend infectious and inflammatory processes in the body, increase resistance to adverse environmental influences, improve tissue regeneration, and contribute to cell renewal. Not so long ago, doctors came to the conclusion that drugs based on this plant help to organize the work of the nervous system. After this discovery, the tincture on the St. John's wort began to be used as a natural antidepressant.
Hypericum tincture is also used in cosmetology - with frequent use of decoction of leaves and flowers, a decrease in the oily skin is observed, acne and acne disappear, mimic wrinkles are gradually smoothed.
Recipes tinctures and decoctions with St. John's wort from various diseases
Before you prepare the tincture of Hypericum and start to use it, you must consult with your doctor. Only when you are sure that there are no contraindications to use, can you supplement the main treatment with natural remedies based on this healing plant.
Today, there are more than a few dozen recipes for medicinal decoctions, which include St. John's wort. They can be kept for several weeks in alcohol or they can be cooked for half an hour in a water bath. We give the popular options for tools with St. John's wort, helping with various diseases.
Recipe №1, or Hypericum tincture on alcohol universal
Make a drink that will relieve joint pain, increase immunity, suspend inflammation in the body is very simple. For its preparation, you will need 1 part of dry Hypericum and 7-10 parts of vodka or alcohol. Raw materials are poured with alcohol and insist in a cool, dark place for 5-14 days. As soon as the tincture of Hypericum on alcohol will be ready, you can begin to use it. In order for the tool to have a positive effect on the body, it must be diluted in water (1 tsp. Per quarter glass).
Tincture alcohol is quite suitable for external use, if the patient is concerned about pain in the joints. The agent is impregnated with a piece of gauze, applied to the sore spot, fixed with an elastic bandage and warmed with a woolen scarf or flannel piece.
Recipe number 2, or a remedy for increased nervousness and depression
Tincture of the herb Hypericum on alcohol will help get rid of nervous overstrain, depressive state, sleep disorders. Take a glass liter jar, fill it under the neck with dry or fresh raw materials, top up with vodka. The tool should be infused for 3 weeks in a dark cool room. When the drink is ready (the solution will acquire a rich red tint), you can begin treatment. Tincture on St. John's wort is used, 20–40 drops shortly before meals.
Recipe number 3. Decoction for gastrointestinal diseases and low blood pressure
For people suffering from hypotension and various gastrointestinal diseases (colitis, gastritis, ulcers, etc.), it is better to use Hypericum tincture on water. For it will need:
- fresh or dried tutsan - about 3 tbsp. l.,
- water - 1 cup.
Cooking such a decoction is quite simple. Raw materials are put in a small jar, poured with boiling water and allowed to infuse for several hours in a dark place. As soon as the product is ready, it is filtered through gauze and consumed in 10–20 ml before meals (3-4 times a day).
Recipe number 4, the outer remedy of Hypericum
Before you make a tincture of Hypericum for external use, will have to stock up on quality raw materials. You will need fresh flowers of the plant (about 30-50 grams), which you need to chop thoroughly and pour high-quality olive oil in a ratio of 1: 5. Means insist in an open bank for 3-5 days, then close it with a lid and leave for another month.
The finished essence is used for burns, ulcers, Vitiligo disease. Skin areas with pigmentation or non-healing wounds are oiled, soaking them with a cotton or gauze pad.
Funds based on St. John's wort have an impressive list of contraindications, among which:
- pregnancy and breastfeeding,
- individual intolerance,
- increased skin sensitivity to UV radiation (photosensitization).
If you still decide to use drugs with St. John's wort, you need to remember about the possible side effects:
- Abrupt cessation of the use of tinctures on St. John's wort can cause a decrease in potency in men.
- Prolonged use of alcohol-containing remedies with St. John's wort affects the condition of the liver - its increase in size is observed.
- It is forbidden to use Hypericum drinks with antibiotics, as the effectiveness of medicines with this combination is sharply reduced.
- People suffering from mental illness are not recommended to exceed the dosage of tincture of the herb St. John's wort. Otherwise, confusion, hallucinations, headaches may develop, a comatose state may occur.
St. John's Wort has leaves with bright spots and flowers with dark specks filled with red oil. The plant is enriched with essential oils, hypericins, tannins, amino acids, trace elements, vitamins and bioactive substances. Due to this composition, the skin is rejuvenated, and when taken inside, the internal organs heal. Hypericum in the people is also called krovavikom, valiant blood, as it has bright colors on the leaves, stems and flowers.
The usefulness of drugs for St. John's wort
To combat bad temper and depression, some doctors advise their patients to drink tea or decoction of St. John's wort. The use of hypericum is as follows:
- For the treatment of the sore throat and oral cavity use alcohol tincture diluted with water,
- The digestive system, heart, blood vessels and respiratory organs are treated with the help of tea, broth or extract of hypericum. With the help of such folk remedies, even chronic diseases can be cured.
- Hypericum is used externally. Prepared from the plant infusion rubbed wounds, burns, acne and boils. Also make bandages and compresses,
- The plant is used to make oil, which is widely used to cleanse the skin, narrow the pores and destroy dandruff on the head.
Instructions for use of pharmaceutical tincture of Hypericum reports the following:
- Hypericum tincture is made from plants and ethyl alcohol, which I mix in a ratio of 1:10. The product has a clear liquid and dark brown color,
- Available in 20 percent tincture in bottles of 30 milliliters,
- The drug has astringent and antiseptic effect,
- Hypericum tincture is indicated to take for the treatment of mild depression, stress, anxiety, disturbed sleep. It perfectly helps to cope with the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome, seasonal nervous system disorder and with menopause,
- The drug helps to survive the treatment of alcohol or nicotine addiction,
- For the treatment of colitis in the acute and chronic period, it is prescribed to drink 40 to 50 drops of tincture three times a day,
- Inside the drug is taken to remove worms from the body, as well as for the treatment of cholelithiasis and cystitis,
- External tincture is used for the treatment and prevention of gingivitis and stomatitis. It lubricates the gums and rinse the mouth. To prepare a solution of 20 - 40 drops diluted in half a glass of water,
- The drug can cause side effects in the form of dizziness, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, headaches. If you experience the symptoms described, it is important to reduce the dosage of tincture and be sure to consult a doctor,
- Tincture is contraindicated to drink during pregnancy and breastfeeding, children under the age of six years, as well as people who are allergic to the components of the drug.
- In the three-liter jar place thick layers of Hypericum flowers,
- Top gently pour vodka,
- Putting the container on the windowsill on the sunny side, let the medium stand for two weeks,
- When the liquid gets a ruby-red hue, strain it and pour it into a clean glass container.
Store the finished tincture in the refrigerator. It is used as prescribed by the doctor.
The recipe for the preparation of funds for alcohol:
- Place one part of the herb in a jar, and fill it with five parts of alcohol,
- Let sit for fifteen days and strain.
The use of this drug is carried out for the treatment of headaches, oncology and cystitis. They drink it inside by 50 drops three times a day. For gargling 40 drops of alcohol tincture diluted in half a glass of water.
The recipe of tincture on moonshine:
- Mix 90 grams of Hypericum with 2 grams of medicinal tributary and the same amount of oregano,
- Fill the grass mass with a liter of 50 percent moonshine,
- Let stand for six days.
After a time, strain, and pour into a clean container. Use according to the recommendation of the doctor.
The recipe for preparing the tincture of water:
- 10 grams of plants, pour a glass of hot water,
- Let it brew for 30 minutes.
Drink the resulting infusion of a tablespoon after a meal.
Water extract of Hypericum used to treat thrush. To do this, 60 grams of plants boiled in two liters of water for 20 minutes. The finished product is cooled and used for douching.
Safe use of tincture
Since the tincture of Hypericum on vodka makes the skin and eyes more sensitive to ultraviolet radiation, it is important not to stay in the sun for a long time and not to go to a tanning bed for a while.
If you use other drugs and folk remedies, be sure to tell your doctor before starting to drink the Hypericum tincture.
In addition to the tincture of Hypericum make oil, decoctions, teas and other folk remedies.
The oil is used to treat skin lesions, diseases of the stomach and intestines. To make it half a kilogram of fresh grass with flowers, pour 500 milliliters of white wine. Add vegetable oil in the amount of one liter. Let it stand for three days, and then simmer for three hours over low heat until the wine has completely evaporated. Put the resulting product in the dark for 21 days. After a while filter.
The finished oil will turn dark red. To use inside on a spoon before meal.
Oil can be made from dry Hypericum. To do this, dilute the vegetable oil (200 grams) with crushed dry hunters (45 grams). Well close the container and put it in the dark for three weeks. Systematically need to shake. After a while, strain the finished oil.
For the treatment of bruises at night, it is recommended to make compresses from the Hypericum broth. Pour a pinch of grass with half a liter of boiling water and boil.
For the treatment of cystitis, you can drink Hypericum tea. It is prepared as follows: 40 grams of raw material is poured with a liter of boiling water, wrapped and insisted for three hours.
Treatment of tincture of various diseases
Hypericum tincture is used to treat such diseases:
- To normalize the gastrointestinal tract and the treatment of gastritis, they drink the drug inside. 30 grams of dry grass or 60 grams of fresh water is poured with a glass of boiling water. Insist for three hours. After a time, it is filtered and taken orally through the fourth part of a glass three times a day before meals,
- From the finished infusion, you can make compresses to cure non-healing wounds and ulcers on the skin,
- Small children can be bathed in the infusion added to the bath,
- Decoctions from plants used in the treatment of cystitis and kidneys. The decoction is prepared just like an infusion, only insist on it using a water bath,
- The use of tincture to increase the low pressure as follows. 30 grams of dry raw material is poured with a glass of boiling water, and allowed to infuse in a thermos for an hour. Then the resulting infusion is drunk instead of tea, adding a teaspoon of honey.
Hypericum tincture is used for external use in arthritis and rheumatism.
What do people say about the tincture?
Reviews of tincture from Hypericum positive, as it helps with various diseases, if it is changed correctly and after consulting a doctor.
There are negative reviews when patients have side effects. Most likely, they used the tincture incorrectly or increased the dosage to achieve a quick result. But such fast therapy leads to a negative effect. Therefore, we must strictly follow all recommendations of the attending doctor.
Now you know how to make a homemade tincture of St. John's wort, as well as how it is used, and what reviews have a folk remedy.
Useful properties of Hypericum tincture
The use of Hypericum tincture is common in folk medicine. The herb is used as a dermatological and sedative even for the care of babies - newborns are bathed in the decoctions of this medicinal herb. Hypericum tincture can be purchased at the pharmacy or prepared by yourself. The plant contains the following components:
- essential oil,
- resinous substances
- vitamin C.
Tea and other means of Hypericum have such useful properties:
Due to the beneficial properties of St. John's wort used in such diagnoses:
- Gastrointestinal tract - gastritis, enteritis, colitis, cholecystitis, biliary dyskinesia,
- liver - hepatitis, gallstone disease,
- respiratory organs - inflammatory diseases of the upper respiratory tract,
- ENT diseases - sore throat, tonsillitis and other sore throat,
- gynecology - inflammation of the pelvic organs, painful periods,
- nervous system - neurosis, insomnia, runny nose, sinusitis, otitis media,
- dermatology - pigmentation, vitiligo, eczema.
Thanks to the diuretic action of tincture of Hypericum on alcohol, kidney and bladder inflammations are treated.. The tool removes excess fluid from the body during its retention and reduced filtration capacity of the kidneys. Stimulates the activity of the cardiovascular system.
The instructions for use said that the tincture of Hypericum has wound healing and anti-burn action for purulent and nonhealing wounds.
Hypericum flowers and leaves are used as a component for the decoction of alcoholism and nicotine addiction.
In cosmetology, the tool is used in the composition of anti-aging masks for the face, body, hair. Used for oily and porous skin, it removes excess greasiness and narrowing the pores. And St. John's wort is used to improve tanning.
How to prepare Hypericum tincture
Alcohol tincture of Hypericum you can buy at the pharmacy or make it yourself. With all the components, the process takes a little time.
Alcohol tincture of Hypericum can be prepared from fresh or dried plants. Store the finished product in dark glass bottles. For the preparation of tincture use herb St. John's wort
Remember that the quality of alcohol depends on the result of the action of the drug, so do not save on the purchase and give preference to quality.
- Hypericum grass (dry) - 20 g.
- Vodka - 0.5 liters.
How to cook: Raw materials pour vodka and insist 1 week. Strain.
How to useA: If you suffer from pathologies of the liver or intestines, take 20-30 drops of medicine three times a day before meals. Dilute it with a little water.
Result: Promotes the regeneration of the gastrointestinal mucosa, improves bowel function Removes toxins and slags, restores liver cells.
Make a tincture of Hypericum on alcohol can be the same way as described above. The only thing to consider is the degree of the alcohol base. It should not exceed 45. To achieve the desired result, dilute the alcohol with water in the ratio 3: 2.
- Hypericum grass - 50 g
- Alcohol (diluted) - 500 ml.
How to cook: Finely chop fresh grass with a knife, tamp it in a bottle and fill it with alcohol. Insist 2 weeks in a warm place. Strain.
How to useA: It will depend on the degree and severity of the disease. For example, taking 30–40 drops, diluted in 50 ml of water, is indicated for cystitis, gastrointestinal diseases.The number of doses per day - 3. With headaches - 40 drops one time.
Result: Removes the inflammatory process. Reduces pain and cramps in the stomach, soothes the gastrointestinal tract.
In order to prepare at home tincture of Hypericum on the moonshine, take care of the cleaning of alcohol. One way to do this is to add a pinch of potassium permanganate to it. Put the bottle of moonshine for 15 minutes in a water bath, then let stand for at least 8 hours, and then carefully pour off the sediment.
In the recipe, the proportions of the required ingredients are not indicated - you yourself decide on the amount of the required medicine.
How to cook: Rinse the raw materials, dry them and put them in the jar, having well tamped it. Fill with moonshine under the neck and close tightly with a lid. Insist 14 days in a warm place. Strain.
How to use: Hypericum tincture on moonshine is used depending on the diagnosis. For example, in case of sore throat and tonsillitis add 1 tbsp. funds for 200 ml of water and gargle 2−3 times a day until recovery.
Result: It has an antiseptic effect, reduces inflammation and sore throat.
In the tincture of St. John's wort, add a little oak bark - you get a great tool for the treatment of ENT diseases.
Oil made from St. John's wort possesses all the listed properties. Good for those with alcohol intolerance.
- Hypericum flowers (fresh) - 20 g.
- Vegetable oil - 1 cup.
How to cook: Put pure flowers in a glass jar, cover with oil and leave for 3 weeks. Strain.
How to use: Good for dysentery - take 1 tbsp. three times a day.
Result: Relieves nausea, vomiting, headache and chills.
If you insist on St. John's wort with chamomile, then this tool will help with any inflammatory processes in the digestive tract, kidneys. Herbs complement each other and enhance the therapeutic effect.
Infusion of hypericum will help with depression. Take 20-30 drops three times a day for 1 month. The remedy soothes the nervous system and helps to respond more calmly to things that are happening.
Useful properties of Hypericum can be doubled at the expense of oregano (contraindications - hypertension). You can make a decoction of herbs and take it before bedtime. The tool has a calming effect, relieves insomnia.
For women's health
The beneficial properties of Hypericum (contraindications below) are used in the treatment of female diseases. Cystitis, painful periods or, on the contrary, their absence - tincture will help get rid of these conditions.
How to take with cystitis, described above. If you are worried about pain during menstruation, it is enough to drink 20 drops of the drug twice a day.
Also, if there are problems with the urogenital system, an infusion of hypericum and yarrow is shown, the healing properties of this medication will help to quickly remove the inflammatory process and relieve pain during urination.
For men's health
The beneficial properties of Hypericum (contraindications - antidepressants) are used for male impotence.
- Dry St. John's Wort - 40
- Vodka - 100 ml.
How to cook: Cover the grass with vodka, leave for 1.5 weeks in a dark place.
How to use: Take 40 drops thrice a day. The duration of treatment is 1 month.
Result: Improves the potency and motor activity of sperm. Relieves depression.
The recipe for tincture of Hypericum on vodka
Perhaps this is the simplest recipe of all presented. All you need is flowers of Hypericum and vodka.
- Flowers can be collected on their own, or, if you do not have such an opportunity, you can purchase them at a pharmacy or a specialized store.
- Next, take an ordinary three-liter jar, put it in tightly St. John's wort and fill it with vodka.
- Bank set in the sun and inserted for two weeks.
- After you see that the liquid has changed color to bright red, it must be drained into a clean dish.
Ready tincture of Hypericum on vodka placed in the fridge and apply as needed.
The recipe of tincture of Hypericum on alcohol
The second most difficult recipe. The ingredients here are just as simple: alcohol and flowers of Hypericum. The only difference is that in this recipe it is necessary to respect the proportions.
- Flowers and alcohol take in the proportions of one to five.
- As in the previous recipe, pour the wort with alcohol and let it brew for about fifteen days.
- After that, the resulting tincture of Hypericum on alcohol must be drained.
It is the most useful, as it is used to treat not only throat and colds, but also for headaches, oncological diseases and cystitis.
The recipe of tincture of Hypericum on moonshine
To prepare this tincture, you must take:
- 90 grams of Hypericum flowers,
- 2 grams of medicinal tributary,
- 90 grams of oregano.
- Herbs are mixed and poured one liter of moonshine.
- Tincture of Hypericum on moonshine should stand for a week.
- Then it will need to be drained and poured into a clean container.
Applied strictly by prescription.
For the preparation of the alcohol base, you can use recipes for home brew. You will also need to buy a moonshine still (we recommend choosing a machine with a Luxstahl brand distillation column or with a Hlynov brand of suction head). Not all devices are suitable for home use. To understand which model will be ideal for you, use the reviews of moonshine.
How is St. John's wort useful?
The plant with bright yellow flowers is a powerful natural anti-depressant. It helps to get rid of bouts of depression, the cause of which is the change of seasons.
In addition, St. John's wort helps to get rid of the following diseases:
- Insomnia, nervous disorders, psychosis and depressive states.
- Gallstone disease, various liver diseases, including opisthorchiasis.
- Helps in the treatment of chronic diseases of the genitourinary system.
- Acne, acne, furunculosis and other diseases of the skin.
In addition, the tincture has a good antimicrobial effect, it is used in the presence of extensive open wounds. Hypericum kills bacteria and stimulates the recovery process.
You can use the tincture for the treatment of angina, it is enough to dissolve a few drops of water and just rinse the throat. Relief can be felt after 2-3 procedures.
You can still increase your appetite, if before dinner drink 1-2 glasses of St. John's wort tincture on moonshine.
Hypericum can be called a unique plant, but despite all the beneficial properties of this herb, the drink made from hypericum has a number of contraindications.
Tincture is not recommended to take as a medicine in the presence of the following diseases:
- diabetes and other disorders of the endocrine system,
- with pancreatitis and pancreatic necrosis, as well as in the presence of diseases of the pancreas,
- heart failure and problems with cerebral vessels do not allow the use of tincture as a medicine.
And also St. John's wort is not used during pregnancy and lactation, tincture on this plant is forbidden to give to children under 12 years old.
Contraindications to the use of tincture is not so much. If you use the drink as a medicine, then before using it is recommended to consult with a doctor beforehand.
If the tincture of Hypericum is not used as a medicine, but as a liquor, then experts in the manufacture of homemade alcohol are advised not to get involved. Excessive consumption of Hypericum tincture can cause health problems, as well as excessive consumption of any other alcohol.
It is worth noting that the tincture is well combined with other herbs, St. John's wort can be supplemented with melissa, mint, oregano, etc. - it all depends on the preferences of the consumer. And to soften the taste of the drink will help honey or sugar.
The process of preparing an alcoholic beverage is not associated with any special difficulties. To make alcohol you need a standard set of ingredients. But do not insist on herbal mash - this can lead to the fact that the drink in the end will not be different bright taste and aroma.
How to make alcohol better:
- To improve the quality of the drink, it is necessary to choose the plants, sort them out and eliminate all roots, leaving only the stems, leaves and flowers.
- If dry raw materials are used, it must be considered, removed dirt and debris.
- It is advisable to use strong moonshine 50-60 degrees.
- To infusion turned out good, it is recommended to insist on moonshine strength not lower than 50 degrees. You can use raw alcohol, which has a fortress in the region of 93–96 degrees.
To obtain moonshine of such a fortress, use a rectifier or re-distil the distillate to increase its strength.
If the moonshine is of low quality, has a sharp, unpleasant smell, it is recommended to clean it from third-party impurities. This can be done in various ways, using egg protein, milk, activated carbon.
You can freeze the moonshine. If there is no rectifier and there is no possibility to re-distillate the distillate, this cleaning method is quite good. Freezing will help to separate water and harmful impurities from moonshine and at the same time increase its strength to 60 degrees, which will make it possible to prepare a good quality tincture at home.
If there is a desire to simply give the aroma of Hypericum to alcohol and slightly change its taste, then you can lay the plant shoots in a sucker. This will help to give moonshine certain taste characteristics. But such a drink would be difficult to call tincture.
Despite the fact that the distillate can be turned into almost any drink if desired, it is insisted on various herbs, berries and fruits, the tincture of St. John's wort is one of the most popular among moonshiners. The fact is that this drink is distinguished not only by its good taste characteristics, but also is capable of helping in the treatment of certain diseases.
Recipes tinctures on St. John's wort
Since plants contain a large amount of essential oils, they are often used to make elixirs, balms and tinctures.
Let's get acquainted with several recipes that will help to turn moonshine into herbal medicine:
- It is necessary to calculate the proportions: take 1 part of dry raw material and place it in a glass container. You need to take a jar with a tight lid, pour the St. John's wort with 7–10 parts of moonshine or raw alcohol, mix the contents of the jar with a spoon or spatula made of wood. If you want to slightly improve the taste of the drink, it is recommended to add it with a small amount of sugar. The container is closed with a lid, placed in a dark and cool place. The drink will be ready to eat in 7–14 days. Before drinking the tincture, it should be drained and placed in the refrigerator. It is necessary to use "medicine" drop by drop, diluting it with water before taking it inside. The recipe is universal, for this reason, this tincture can also be used for external use, it helps to treat purulent wounds and burns, making lotions and compresses out of it.
- The following recipe, which will help prepare the tincture at home, is also not very complex. In order to prepare the "medicine", you need fresh raw materials. It is necessary to ensure that the shoots are of good quality. Plants are placed in a glass jar and kneaded slightly using a fork or spoon. When the grass gives the juice, it is poured with moonshine. The jar is closed with a tight lid and placed on the window sill. You can define another place for the container, as long as the tincture interacts with the sun as often as possible. In about 7–10 days, it will be ready. Before use, the tincture is recommended to strain and cool. You can sweeten it with a small amount of honey.
- A small amount of flowers of Hypericum in the amount of one part is placed in a jar of glass, poured into five parts of alcohol or moonshine with a strength of 40 degrees. Then close the container with a tight lid and shake well. The drink will be ready in 15 days, it can be used to treat the nervous system, depression, and also as an adjuvant therapy for cancer.
- Another recipe includes a mixture of three herbs. Take 90 grams of dry Hypericum and put in a jar of glass, add 2 grams of clover and 2 grams of oregano in a container. Herbs are mixed using a spoon or spatula of wood, then poured into a jar of moonshine with a strength of at least 40 degrees. The container is closed with a lid, placed in a dark, but warm place and insisted for 15 days. Before use, the "medicine" should be cooled and filtered, if necessary, add sugar or honey to soften the taste.
- The latest recipe for moonshine, infused with St. John's wort, will require you to prepare flowers for this plant. They are placed in a three-liter jar, tightly pressed with a spoon or spatula. Then, moonshine is poured into the container, covered with a lid and sent to a dark and cool place for 21 days. After this time, the drink is passed through the filter, cooled, it is fully ready for use. Experts advise to periodically mix the tincture, so that it "gained strength."
Hypericum decoction can be used, diluting them with moonshine, to some extent the drink will acquire useful properties, but its quality should not even be compared with the distillate that has been insisting on St. John's wort for several weeks.
Hypericum tincture can be purchased at the pharmacy, and you can make it yourself using any of the above recipes. As a result, it will be possible to get alcohol of good quality, which will be distinguished by a peculiar taste and smell.
But do not forget that the "medicine" has a number of contraindications and may have an impact on human health. If you drink the tincture in moderate doses and do not abuse it, it will not cause intoxication and will not harm the body. But still, before you begin treatment, you should seek help from a doctor, because herbal treatment is only a component of therapy, and not its main component.
Procurement of raw materials
Hypericum collected during flowering. It is advisable to do this in the morning. It was then that in the flowers and leaves the highest concentration of nutrients. Not only inflorescences are cut with secateurs, but also part of the stem with leaves. Dried in the shade (in the attic, under a canopy, etc.), tied in bunches.
Council Well-dried raw materials can be put in a clean bag (new or out of sugar, cereals) and tap with a stick or rolling pin.
All leaves and flowers will fall off, and hard stems will be picked and discarded. So the raw material for the tincture will be prepared, and it will take less space.
Cleaning Home Alcohol Before Infusion
Purification of fusel oils is necessary in any case - for the sake of their own health.
But in this case, we note that using the Hypericum will not be able to disguise the disgusting smell and taste, if present in the homemade alcoholic distillate.
Therefore, before creating a hypericum tincture suitable for drinking and / or treatment, bring the moonshine to acceptable purity. Well clean fusel oil such actions:
1. Double distillation - The best way. Dilute the primary distillate to 20 - 30 ° and re-distill, selecting the heads and tails in a separate bowl (read: is it worth it to distil the moonshine a second time),
Important. If before re-distillation to clean the existing distillate and only then overtake, selecting only the "body" of moonshine, the purity of the product on organoleptic indicators and the absence of odor are guaranteed.
2. Clear moonshine:
- coal (preferably coconut, but you can, and birch),
- potassium permanganate or other method known to you. And filter,
- freeze by placing the container with moonshine in the freezer overnight. In the morning drain the clear liquid, leaving the fusel oil frozen along the walls. If the fortress is above 50 °, dilute with water.
note. The use of a distillation column will help in the home to get high-quality moonshine from the first distillation.
Recipes for treatment and feasts
Usually St. John's wort insist in a dark place (in the closet), in room conditions. But there is a recipe for staying a jar of ingredients in the sun (see below). Moreover, depending on the purpose of the tincture, time (as well as the amount of raw materials) will be different:
- For a feast with friends, drinking a small glass or two at will is 1 week.
- For a tincture that improves the immune system, the body’s resistance to viral infections is 2 weeks.
- For the treatment of nervous disorders and diseases of the digestive tract - 3-4 weeks.
Insist on St. John's Wort for vodka only for drinking table. For therapeutic purposes, tincture is not suitable. The fact is that the maximum "transition" of healing substances from Hypericum occurs when alcohol is not lower than 50 °, and better - 70 °. That is, for therapeutic purposes are suitable either a good purified moonshine, or medical alcohol.
To get a beautiful and tasty drink on vodka, take:
- 1 liter of vodka
- 1 tablespoon of dry Hypericum or 1 freshly cut sprig of plants with leaves, inflorescence and stem (it is desirable to grind it so that vodka covers all the raw materials),
- optional 50-100 g of sugar or honey, which will make the drink softer and more pleasant to drink.
They lay the raw material in a three-liter jar, pour it with vodka and put it on the window so that sunny color is on the jar. Выдерживают неделю, ежедневно встряхивая, после чего процеживают и употребляют.
Универсальная на спирту
With the help of this tincture treat all those diseases in which St. John's wort has a positive effect. These include:
- Diseases of the nervous system: hyperexcitability, anxiety and depression, insomnia. Tincture acts as a natural antidepressant. Take three times a day, 30-40 drops.
- For strengthening blood vessel walls tool can be used as well.
- Diseases of the digestive tract. It requires mandatory dilution with water, so as not to injure the already unhealthy mucous membranes of the esophagus and stomach. The usual dose - from 40 drops to a teaspoon of tincture, diluted in a third cup of water. Reception 3 times a day.
- With the aim of prevention of colds (especially if there is a sick person in the family, during periods of seasonal infections, flu epidemics) and you can take a dessert spoonful of water, up to 4 times a day.
Attention. Hypericum tincture with a therapeutic purpose should be taken orally shortly before a meal (5–15 minutes) or 2 hours after. That is, the greatest effect gives the reception on an empty stomach.
When vitiligo skin can be lubricated with alcohol tincture. But for the treatment of skin ulcers, burns, frostbite, it is better to use fresh decoction of St. John's wort flowers.
The recipe is simple. Pack a jar with a hunter. You can use fresh, just collected raw materials. Pour alcohol to cover the greens. Put in a dark place in the house for 3 weeks. Shake occasionally. At the end of the period, filter and filter. Tincture is ready, you can start treatment.
A course of treatment - 10 days for any diseases, then a break of 10 days, and the course can be repeated, but not more than 3 times in a row. After that, the break should last at least six months.
Caution. Due to the high strength and concentration of active substances, it is not recommended to use tincture on alcohol in high doses.
If you want, a small amount of alcoholic extract can be added to vodka or moonshine (to taste), or you can dilute animal spirit with water 1: 1.
Infusion on moonshine
You can insist on St. John's wort on samogon, like on vodka, and you can go more interesting by adding other plant materials. Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons dried Hypericum or 2 stalks of fresh,
- a pinch of oregano (2 g),
- pinch of sweet clover (2 g)
- 3 liters of moonshine.
This amount fits perfectly into a three-liter jar, which is closed with a lid, put in a dark place and shaken daily. After 6 days of infusion filter and filter.
The tincture smells like a steppe raznotravyem, has a beautiful color and will definitely be marked by the best reviews of all who have tried it.