Stabbing pain in the mammary gland causes
Many women often feel tingling in the breast. This is not necessarily a pathology - in some cases it is considered a feature of the organism. Often, a similar symptom occurs during lactation or on certain days of the monthly cycle. In other cases, it may signal the presence of a disease.
Tingling in the mammary glands most often occur before menstruation. It is often accompanied by swelling of the chest and pain when pressed. This is caused by fluctuations in hormones - normally in the second half of the menstrual cycle, the hormone progesterone increases, which can contribute to the development of similar symptoms. In this case, treatment is not required - tingling chest in the premenstrual period is considered a natural phenomenon.
In some cases, this symptom does not stop with the onset of menstruation, or appears on their first day. It is also associated with hormonal changes in the body. Often this condition is accompanied by a sharp change of mood, a general deterioration of health.
During pregnancy, stabbing pains most often occur in the last trimester. They can manifest themselves earlier - throughout the entire period of childbearing, the glandular breast tissue grows, which may be accompanied by unpleasant sensations. Pricking is the result of squeezing the nerve endings with an increase in the mammary glands.
During lactation, stabbing pains are not considered pathological. This feature is particularly pronounced in the first days of lactation - similarly, changes in the structure of the mammary glands and milk intake can occur.
If the discomfort is constantly present and does not depend on the influence of the monthly cycle, manifesting itself outside the period of pregnancy and lactation, then most likely the cause is the course of a disease. Most often this can be caused by the following diseases:
- Mastopathy. Accompanied by chest pains, worse when touched. On palpation, seals can be detected - their edges may be fuzzy or have clear boundaries. In some cases, there are secretions from the nipples - their color varies from transparent to greenish or brownish.
- Lactostasis. It occurs when the feeding process is not properly organized, resulting in stagnation of milk. It is characterized by hardening of the breast, its redness and great pain. May be present only in one of the glands.
- New growths in the chest. May be benign or malignant. Manifested by chest pains, the presence of seals. During the course of the oncological process, dark discharge from the nipples appears, the shape of the mammary gland and the areola change.
- Diseases of the spine. Pain in the chest can cause osteochondrosis of the spine, accompanied by hernias, protrusions, scoliosis. Unpleasant sensations in this case are amplified after physical exertion, when the weather changes or when you are in an uncomfortable position for a long time.
- Endocrine diseases. In case of violation of the production of hormones, the appearance of persistent chest pain, its increase, transparent discharge from the nipples is possible.
- Diseases of the cardiovascular and nervous systems. Their presence is manifested by tingling in the left breast, which may be accompanied by acute, burning or paroxysmal pain.
- Intercostal neuralgia. May occur as a result of spinal osteochondrosis. Its signs are acute girdling chest pain, aggravated by movement or breathing.
All of the above diseases require immediate medical advice. If they are suspected, an organism should be diagnosed, including mammography, breast ultrasound, x-rays or MRI of the spine, hormonal examinations and blood tests for the presence of inflammatory or oncological processes.
In most cases, tingling without the presence of other symptoms is the norm when breastfeeding. This may manifest a hormonal change in the body during a given period, which is accompanied by a significant increase in the hormone prolactin, which is responsible for the functioning of the mammary glands and the lactation process. Stitching can occur when feeding or with a strong swelling of the breast directly in front of it - this is considered normal and does not require treatment.
If this symptom is accompanied by severe tenderness of the breast, its thickening, reddening, and an increase in local or general body temperature, then this is most often caused by milk stagnation. Typically, this phenomenon occurs in young inexperienced mothers who improperly attach the baby to the breast or neglect other feeding rules.
To prevent the stagnation of milk, or lactostasis, you must follow all the rules of lactation:
- the baby must grab the nipple along with the areola,
- feeding should be regular and continue until the baby is fully saturated,
- It is necessary to apply the child to both breasts, using different poses - this will ensure complete exhaustion of milk,
- you can not wear bras small size - they squeeze the milky ducts.
The resulting lactostasis is rarely treated with medication. To eliminate it, it is necessary to regularly massage the breast before and after feeding. More frequent attachment of the baby will ensure complete emptying of the mammary glands, with the result that the symptoms are relieved. As a rule, this condition disappears on its own, with normalization of milk production and with the formation of a feeding regime.
Menopause and tingling in the chest.
The occurrence of this symptom is considered a consequence of the hormonal adjustment of the body. At the same time, acute, stabbing and aching chest pains, accompanied by edema and hypersensitivity, may occur. Common symptoms are similar to premenstrual syndrome.
Pain should not be too strong. If tingling is localized, you should consult a doctor - this is often a symptom of pathological lesions in the chest.
Pricking during menopause may increase in violation of metabolic processes in the body, the use of certain drugs. The latter are most often medications containing sex hormones - their prescription without testing can lead to a failure of the hormonal background. Enhance the discomfort and some other factors:
In order to eliminate the pathological causes of the symptom, you need to undergo a mammogram. A similar survey is recommended to be held once a year for women over 40 years of age. At an earlier age, a single survey once every 2-3 years is enough.
How to get rid of tingling sensations
If you have a tingling disease, you must eliminate it completely. This symptom will disappear spontaneously with full recovery. If tingling occurs for natural reasons and causes some inconvenience, you can use the following tips:
- It is recommended to refuse strong coffee,
- a cabbage leaf attached to the chest will help relieve pain and swelling,
- gauze compress from beet juice eliminates tingling, such juice can be taken inside for a month,
- in the second half of the cycle after ovulation within 10 days it is useful to take vitamin E in a dosage of up to 400 mg,
- two weeks before menstruation, to prevent the development of a symptom, you can use the infusion of peony, canine nettle and valerian, mixed in equal proportions,
- after ovulation with a normal hormonal background, it is useful to take decoctions of the boron uterus, red brush and yarrow - 1/3 cup three times a day,
- do not wear tight or uncomfortable underwear - it should be made from natural materials and fit.
Every woman should carefully monitor their own health, including the state of the mammary glands. If you experience strong tingling and other pain, you should consult a doctor. To prevent symptoms that occur for natural reasons, you can use some of the means of traditional medicine.
Causes of Tingling in the Breasts in Women
Pricking in the breasts sometimes occur in all girls without exception. Such a symptom is not necessarily a sign of a dangerous disease. Pricking occurs at the beginning of the cycle during menstruation, during pregnancy and during lactation. Sometimes they pursue and healthy girls. We will understand why there is tingling in the mammary gland, what happens in the body and what does this symptom indicate?
Causes and background
Absolutely all causes can be divided into two categories: natural causes and signs of illness. It is important to understand in time why tingling appeared in order not to miss a serious illness.
Among the natural causes, there are three main ones:
There is a kind of rapid test for some pathological causes not related to breast diseases:
- Cardiovascular problems show tingling on the skin on the left side. Very often, heart disease is manifested by paresthesia, feeling of insensitivity of the skin and goose bumps.
- Diseases of the spine (most often osteochondrosis of the cervical or thoracic region) are also accompanied by tingling in the mammary gland on the left side. If this symptom is accompanied by fatigue, problems with posture or headaches - it is necessary to treat the spine.
- A common cause of strange chest symptoms is intercostal neuralgia. It is disguised as a disease of the breast, heart, or spine.
It is best to consult a specialist. Modern diagnostics allow accurately fix the problem, and it will be possible to start treatment immediately. Diseases of the mammary glands are important to treat at an early stage, until complications appear.
If none of the listed reasons is appropriate, you should carefully evaluate the symptoms and read about other possible diseases of the mammary glands. We will deal with the most common.
It may also show tingling. Other symptoms: soreness with pressure, compaction, which is easily palpable during palpation and has clear contours. Symptoms disappear, and then reappear over the course of the menstrual cycle.
Pains appear before menstruation, in a few days. At an early stage, the disease is practically not manifested, so mastopathy can only be diagnosed using ultrasound or mammography.
Endocrine diseases are closely related to breast diseases. Unpleasant sensations can cause hyper and hypothyroidism. It is necessary to treat endocrinological disease, but you will have to be controlled by a mammologist.
Malfunctions of the heart are often manifested by tingling of the skin. Discomfort usually occurs on the left side and does not affect the right breast.
If the tingling appears in the center of the chest and goes into a burning sensation - this is a sign of a heart attack, you must call an ambulance. If symptoms occur intermittently, angina may be suspected.
If you suspect heart disease, it is important to consult a cardiologist and get tested.
Neuralgia presents with typical symptoms: tingling and sudden sharp pains. They are located either in the right breast or in the left. Very often, patients with intercostal neuralgia take its manifestations for heart or chest disease. Diagnosis can only be diagnosed. For examination it is necessary to contact a neurologist.
Tingling discomfort is characteristic of problems with the joints and the spine. Unpleasant symptoms appear in the chest and back. Osteochondrosis is manifested by a number of symptoms, among which the main one is acute pain, which is tied to the load or the change of weather. The pain gives in the chest, but comes from the neck or thoracic spine.
Benign and malignant tumors of the breast can also be accompanied by tingling. This symptom is usually not the most disturbing: there may be a change in the shape of the breast, discharge from the nipples, a change in the skin.
If you read these lines, we can conclude that all your attempts to combat chest pain did not succeed ... Did you even read something about drugs designed to defeat the infection? And this is not surprising, because mastopathy can be deadly for a person - it can develop very quickly.
- Frequent chest pains
- The discomfort
- Skin changes
The main danger is that oncology symptoms may be absent for a long time. When the swelling grows, there is pain, a burning sensation. To eliminate the disease you need long-term treatment. Tumors are best treated in the early stages of development. To prevent breast cancer, you need to know its main symptoms and carry out self-diagnosis in time.
What can cause tingling in the chest
Tingling in the mammary gland is not a rare phenomenon with which a woman can consult a doctor. The reasons for the appearance of such sensations can be many, and the feeling can occur in both glands, and only in the left or only in the right. Most often, describing any sensations in the chest, women choose the word "tingling", and especially this symptom is often found in those who are in reproductive age.
All pain in the mammary gland can be divided into two large groups depending on what causes these feelings.
Stitching pain in the chest can occur in women in the premenstrual period. Such pain is not considered dangerous and cannot be treated. Sensations are formed due to the fact that the hormone-dependent tissue of the gland expands a little and squeezes the nerve endings.
The pain associated with menstruation may occur in the left or in the right breast, and may disturb both glands.
Stitching sensations in the chest can be formed in the period of carrying a child. The reasons are the same as in the premenstrual period: the hormone-dependent gland tissue grows, preparing to provide the child with milk, because of which the nerve endings are compressed.
Feelings can also accompany the process of breastfeeding. However, in this case, the woman should treat herself with maximum attention, since not all stitching pains in the left or right breast are normal during this period.
The fact is that during the period of breastfeeding pain can be not only harmless and natural, but also be evidence of the development of pathology. If the glands become swollen, and in them you can feel the seal, then this indicates that developing mastitis and an urgent need to consult a doctor.
If not one of the periods occurs in a woman’s life at the moment, then the pain is most likely caused by a pathology. In this case, it is recommended to contact not only the mammologist, but also to consult a general practitioner.
Stitching pain in the left or right breast is not a symptom of any one disease, so if these sensations develop, you should not engage in self-diagnosis, it is better to turn to a professional.
The most common causes of stabbing pain in the left or right chest may be the following:
- Mastitis or mastopathy. The trouble of nursing women, which was already mentioned somewhat above. Most often, these unpleasant diseases are expressed only in the left or only in the right breast, and both breasts are rarely affected at the same time.
Mastopathy can also respond to hormonal changes in a woman’s body, while mastitis is formed due to milk stagnation in the breast ducts.
Tingling under the left breast
Если болит исключительно левая грудь, а точнее даже под ней, то причины редко являются безопасными и не стоит о них беспокоиться.
Чаще всего болезненность слева под грудью формируется из-за:
- Проблем с сердцем. Depending on the history and specific features of a particular patient, such a symptom may indicate an attack of ischemic disease, stenocardia, the development of the acute stage of myocardial infarction.
All these conditions can be considered life threatening, a woman should not turn a blind eye to them.
Intercostal neuralgia. This condition is not so dangerous, but it is still very unpleasant. Intercostal neuralgia is formed due to the fact that pinched nerve endings occur. Most often, such pain is exacerbated in response to turns of the body or too sudden movements.
Often, neuralgia is confused with heart pains and begins to panic. On the other hand, at least women confuse these pains in the opposite direction, which can be fatal for a man.
Piercing pain in the gland is formed not only because of innocuous cyclic changes. It can be a sign of serious pathology. If a woman is not sure that everything is good, then it is better to play it safe and seek medical assistance once again.
You must be attentive to yourself and note whether the pain is related to the menstrual cycle or other physiological changes in the body. If the answer is yes, then do not worry.
If not, then you should start looking for the causes of this unpleasant pathology and treat them.
Tingling in the mammary gland - causes
Chest pain is usually divided into two types, depending on what causes it:
Painful manifestations in the form of tingling can be caused by a number of changes occurring inside the glandular tissue:
- The most common cause is the menstrual cycle, when regularly a few days before the menstruation, the breasts swell, giving the sensation of stabbing in the mammary gland.
- During pregnancy or lactation, when the milk ducts are modified and prepared for the feeding process.
- Tingling causes and mastopathy in the developmental stage, as well as tumors and wen.
- Diseases of the thyroid gland (disorders in the production of female sex hormones by it cause similar pain).
- The formation of a sebaceous cyst sometimes also causes tingling in the mammary gland.
- The formation of benign or, much more dangerous, malignant tumors.
The first two reasons (cyclical) cannot be considered as symptoms of the disease, but only as side effects of natural processes occurring in the body of a woman of reproductive age. The rest is a real cause for concern when it is necessary to consult a gynecologist and a mammologist for a full examination.
Features tingling pain in the breast
Before you panic and look for signs of a terrible disease, you should carefully listen to the pain and watch it. If pricks in the left mammary gland, then this may indicate the presence of problems:
- with the heart (sometimes this pain is given in the superficial tissues in the chest),
- with the spine (tingling pain syndrome can be triggered by cervical or thoracic osteochondrosis, which also “touches” in the left breast),
- intercostal neuralgia (it is often disguised as heart or intrathoracic pain).
If tingling is not associated with menstruation or pregnancy, causing significant pain and discomfort, you should immediately contact a mammologist for an accurate diagnosis and treatment at an early stage of the disease.
Ductal breast cancer is found in women most often during mammography. If the tumor is not yet running, it is quickly and effectively cured by modern medicine. However, this does not guarantee that after many years there will be no recurrence of the disease.
Breast cancer is a disease that does not spare anyone. Female oncology is rapidly getting younger; therefore, even the youngest girls should follow the rule for monthly self-examination of the mammary glands in order to timely detect changes in their tissues.
Today, for the examination of the mammary gland, two complementary research methods - ultrasound and mammography - are the most popular. Which of these methods is better, more informative and safer - we will find out the opinion of experts on this issue.
Mammography is one of the most important surveys for each woman, starting from a certain age, it becomes mandatory. How and when it is better to do a mammogram - learn about the indications for this procedure.
Causes of Tingling in the Breast
When asked if you have had a tingling sensation in the breast, most women will answer in the affirmative. The reasons for such discomfort can, of course, be harmless. But sometimes these sensations are caused by pathologies. Just do not immediately panic and think, for example, about cancer. Let's see what it can be connected with.
Pricking in the mammary glands is a common phenomenon. It can be said for sure that every woman experienced him at least once in her life. Prick can both in both, and in one breast. Very often women of reproductive age face such a problem. Doctors call the painful sensations in the mammary gland a term: “mastalgia”. Doctors advise not to overlook any unusual sensations in the chest, because they may be associated with breast diseases that require serious and timely treatment.
Let's try to find the answer why tingling "sounds" in the chest, when it is dangerous, and when it is connected with the physiological features of the female body or its special state.
Common cause: non-dangerous causes of tingling
Let's start with the physiological causes of tingling in the breast:
- menstruation or a few days before the start of menstruation. During this period, hormones change dramatically in the female body. This process is often accompanied by moderate pain in the mammary gland, which women describe as tingling. Such feelings are repeated regularly - every month before the onset of "critical days",
- ovulation. Many women have a so-called ovulatory syndrome. They feel the release of the egg from the follicle, in the literal sense of the word. And one of the specific sensations that occurs on such days is “needles” in the mammary glands,
- pregnancy. In this happy time, the body of the future mother is preparing hard for the upcoming breastfeeding. This is the cause of the discomfort in the chest,
- lactation. Quite tangible tingling and tingling pain - such sensations in some women are accompanied by a feeding process. They arise because milk is formed in the body, milk ducts change, and this does not pose a threat to the life of a woman. But, unfortunately, the pain may also indicate the development of mastitis, therefore, when such discomfort appears, it is necessary to examine your chest. If you find any seals better to see a doctor.
There is a problem: pathological factors that cause breast tenderness
Whatever the pain in the mammary gland - stabbing, aching, bursting, it can signal diseases. Moreover, these are not always the diseases that the mammologist is dealing with. Such sensations occur in cardiac pathologies, disorders in the thyroid gland and other diseases. For example, they can provoke the spine.
Here are the most common pathological causes of tingling, requiring urgent and competent treatment:
- mastopathy and mastitis. Many new mothers know such a problem as tingling in the mammary gland during lactation. This happens more often with improper breastfeeding - if you rarely give the baby breast, do not change it with each successive feeding, do not express milk residues. In addition to pain, a woman can detect seals by self-examination. Even if she did not find any bumps in the mammary glands, but noticed symptoms such as redness or blue skin around the nipples, acute pain when pressed, it is best to visit a doctor and do an ultrasound. Mastitis usually develops in one of the glands. For mastopathy is characterized by increased pain in two days before menstruation,
- cyst. As a rule, it does not give much pain. But if a nerve bursts or squeezes, a piercing pain will start to bother you. With this pathology, the help of surgeons is required, since the cyst will have to be removed,
- disorders of the cardiovascular system. It is the heart problems that can cause "colitis" in the left breast. The pain in this case will be felt as a tingling and burning sensation, which is sometimes accompanied by a heart rhythm disorder, shortness of breath, a panic state,
- intercostal neuralgia. A rather unpleasant condition in which dagger pain or mild tingling occurs in the left or right chest. They are amplified when turning the body. Localization of pain depends on which nerve is affected. To distinguish such a pain from the heart is quite difficult, you have to do an ECG,
- disorder in the work of the thyroid gland. Since it is this gland that provides the production of sex hormones, its dysfunction can result in a violation of the formation of estrogen. This will lead to problems with the mammary glands. But it is almost impossible to learn independently about the hormonal imbalance - you need to visit an endocrinologist and pass tests,
- spine and joint problems. When the displacement of the vertebrae, a violation of posture, salt deposition, osteochondrosis nerves and blood vessels are compressed. This is manifested, including tingling in the back and chest. Their intensity depends on weather conditions, stressful situations and physical exertion,
- tumors. Neoplasms can also manifest in this way. Mostly they are benign. Such tumors, unlike cancer, grow slowly. Unfortunately, cancer is still detected in 2% of cases. If a malignant formation grows in the mammary gland, then at first this process is asymptomatic. Then the woman begins to feel strong spasms in the chest. The mammary gland can change its shape, sometimes there is a purulent discharge (but this is all already in the later stages), the temperature rises, a painful lump is felt in the chest. At the slightest suspicion of oncology, it is necessary to contact a mammologist as soon as possible.
Tingling, even periodic and light, is still a serious problem. It is better not to try to look for the cause of this state on your own, because you can miss valuable time. If you are not pregnant, do not feed the baby, the next menstruation is still far away, and the chest began to ache or tingle, then do not read the tea leaves - whether it is dangerous or not, just go to a doctor.
Discomfort associated with changes in the breast
Unilateral pain, as a rule, is acyclic mastodynia. She worries more often women after 40 years. Although this phenomenon is not excluded at an earlier age. In this case, with equal success can hurt both the left and right chest.
If the left breast hurts the nursing mother, or the woman immediately after the cessation of lactation, it may be a blockage of the milky duct. Lactostasis develops - a rather painful phenomenon that can easily develop into mastitis.
If the gland is hard, the skin of the bust is red and the temperature is likely it is mastitis. Rarely, as a result of mastitis, an abscess develops. Inflammation of the breast is amenable to conservative treatment. If an abscess has formed, pus, unfortunately, is not going anywhere, you will have to open the tissue and clean the chest from suppuration.
The causes of non-cyclic mastodynia in more mature age are often tumors that develop in the mammary gland:
- Benign (papillary, cysts, fibroadenomas and others). The neoplasms themselves are not painful and cause discomfort when they reach large sizes, squeezing the surrounding tissues. If, when you press the gland, a chocolate secret is secreted from your nipple, or you feel dense formations, you should hurry to the mammologist.
- Malignant neoplasms. Cancer, makes itself felt pain at the late stage of the process. Soreness is accompanied by discharge from the nipple, changes in the shape of the nipple and breast, peeling and hyperemia of the skin.
Injuries to the chest can have long-term effects. Internal hematomas may suppurate. Connective tissues can grow at the site of injury. This causes discomfort. Traumatizing the delicate tissues of the bust may even give rise to cancer.
The cause of discomfort can be an anatomical defect of the glandular tissue lobes, leading to impaired intragastric ductal patency, edema, and pain. Another cause of pain can be blockage of the sebaceous duct. In the latter case, there is a risk of atheroma. Inflammatory processes affecting the apocrine sweat glands under the armpit leads to hydradenitis (udder outbreak) and pain in both the armpit and chest area.
If you feel itching and burning in the nipple area, the skin around the areola is reddened, a slight swelling appears, most likely you have a thrush or other fungal infection. Less commonly, these symptoms may be a sign of allergy (contact dermatitis).
Before menstruation, unilateral mastalgia is a rarity. Usually nipples hurt, itching and itching, pain in the glands under the influence of increased levels of hormones in the blood of both breasts. If you have only the left breast aches a bit, the pain gives in the armpit contact a mammologist. Perhaps you develop cystic fibrous disease and the process is more active in the left gland. Mastitis more often diagnosed in patients aged 30-50 years. But it can develop in 20 years. The sooner you start the treatment, the better.
If you usually have a slightly denser left before the menstrual period and it seems that it is increasing in size, but now you have noticed the delay, you feel soreness in the lower back, weakness in the legs and dragging pains in the lower abdomen, run to the gynecologist, perhaps:
- you are pregnant and you have implant pains,
- your pregnancy is in jeopardy,
- germ entrenched in the tube.
Gynecological disorders can cause mastalgia. And the pain can be not just palpable, but annoying. But more often, in this case, both glands hurt.
Discomfort not associated with breast pathology
If you are over 50 years old and the peak of hormonal perturbations is behind, and you feel pain on the left side of your chest, what is it?
You are in the prime of life, you have no problems with the glandular tissue of the breast, gynecology is normal, and the painful “pin” persistently sticks out under the left breast, what could it be?
After 50 years, there are many reasons for pain in the sternum and in the breast area:
- osteochondrosis and neck and shoulder syndrome,
- myositis of the pectoral muscles, their stretching or micro-tears,
- pathologies of the heart and blood vessels (heart attack, thromboembolism, aortic aneurysm, angina),
- diseases of internal organs (pancreas, liver, gastrointestinal tract, spleen),
- respiratory system diseases (pneumonia, pleurisy, tuberculosis),
- neurosis, dystonia.
All these reasons are not obligatory for the period of menopause and the post-menopausal stage of a woman’s life. They can occur at a young age.
If you are easily excitable, it is easy to make you cry or grieve; dull, aching pain from the heart is a sign of dystonia or neurosis. Pain in the area of the left breast is often companions of depressive states.
If there is a sharp, sharp pain that spreads to the left arm and to the scapula, especially if it is intensified in the process of inhaling, this is one of the leading signs of a cardiac muscle infarction. In this case, you may experience difficulties with fine motor skills of the fingers (it is difficult to hold the handle, drop cups and plates, which literally “pop up” from the hands).
Severely hurts the chest on the left with cardialgia caused by rheumatic heart disease, NCD, angina, hypertension. In this case, the pain is more often localized over the left gland, there is a feeling of lack of air and fear.
Aortic rupture is accompanied by intolerable painful paroxysm, high heart rate, aortic pulsation, and even low-grade fever. Probably what to do in this case does not even need to say. Calling the brigade "emergency" will be the best solution.
If you have tingling of the skin of the hand, you feel pain in the left hand and the breast, this hand does not function normally - these are signs of damage to the nerve endings in the cervicothoracic region of the spine with osteochondrosis.
Pricking on the left side of the breast in the gland and in the neck-brachial syndrome, if nerves and blood vessels in the left brachial plexus are affected. At the same time, the left hand noticeably grows numb, blood pressure is reduced on this side when measured. The reasons for this unpleasant phenomenon:
- carrying weights on the shoulders
- work with raised hands.
The aching pain on the left side of the bust may indicate chronic inflammation of the pancreas or unpleasant processes in the digestive system as a whole. It is usually accompanied by nausea, anorexia and digestion, a disorder in the stool and even vomiting. The same symptoms may be with severe anemia. При этом слабость «наваливается» такая, что наволочка кажется тяжелым предметом.
Сбоку или под железой появляются боли при панкреатите, язвенной болезни ЖКТ. При развитии эзофагита, кроме тошноты и изжоги, могут беспокоить пекущие боли за грудиной, которые нужно дифференцировать с сердечными.
This causes the pain in the area of the left breast is not exhausted. Pleurisy and tracheobronchitis are very painful because the pleura is rich in nerve receptors. Usually, pain occurs in the upper chest and is accompanied by a painful cough.
If you have aching on the left side of your chest, usually above or below the breast. When pressed, the pain increases, most likely, you are "stuck" or stretched chest muscle.
Even infectious diseases can cause severe pain in the left side of the chest, and poorly eliminated by analgesics, even serious. For example, herpes zoster (herpes virus) can manifest itself as margins in the upper chest, to the left of the chest, and below the midlevel.
Having considered why the left breast can hurt, let's say a few words about the treatment. You can see for yourself what the abundance of pathologies is serious and not very likely to cause discomfort. Therefore, the sooner you go to the doctor, the better. If you do not know which specialist to go to, start with a therapist and a breast specialist.
This concludes our review and says goodbye to you. Share interesting information with friends and visit our site as often as possible.
The hormone progesterone (whose growth increases before the onset of menstruation) can cause discomfort in the chest (they can be “pricked with needles”) and swelling of the mammary glands. As a rule, these pains are cyclical and are the norm for most women during menstruation. They subside closer to the beginning of ovulation and do not require treatment.
In the process of preparing for the upcoming birth, the female body undergoes hormonal changes that can affect the emotional background of the woman, and become the causes of painful sensations in the early period (one month after the first day of the delay). Glandular tissue expands to prepare the breast for lactation, swelling of the breast occurs. During its growth, it can squeeze the nerve endings, which can lead to unpleasant sensations.
This process is normal and does not require treatment, short-term pain and tingling will pass on their own.
The piercing sensation in the nipples and breasts during breastfeeding is associated with milk rush, this condition is considered normal. How to recognize whether the sensations are normal or a reason to consult a doctor is described below in the item "Pricking during lactation".
Education in the mammary glands
Benign and malignant neoplasms in the chest have a large number of symptoms, including unpleasant "tingling" sensations. When pain, change the shape of the mammary glands, seals need to consult a doctor.
Tumors require either medication or surgery. Early diagnosis and therapy will quickly get rid of sharp piercing sensations and other symptoms.
Physiological and pathological causes of tingling
To understand how you can get rid of unpleasant tingling sensations in the chest, you should understand the possible root causes of this phenomenon. Conventionally, they are divided into two types:
- physiological nature (absolutely safe for the life and health of women),
- pathologically dangerous (are evidence of pathologies, diseases, deviations).
They do not speak about the presence of the disease or any deviation, they can be observed against the background of the woman’s absolute health.
Gestation period. Feelings of "needles" in the mammary glands of women in an interesting position arise as a result of changes in the glands, which are preparing for lactation. In most cases, this "restructuring" is accompanied by unpleasant symptoms: tingling and tingling, mild breast tenderness.
Lactation. Women whose babies are breastfed often experience chest discomfort. Some are only worried about the painful rushes of milk. Others "suffer" from a whole complex of unpleasant sensations: sore glands, tingling, itching and even burning. Normally, such sensations occur during the rush of milk, mainly at the beginning of feeding.
Menstruation. As a result of sudden hormonal jumps 2-3 days before the beginning of menstruation, many of the weaker women feel a slight soreness in the chest, tingling, swelling. As a rule, such sensations are pronounced cyclical in nature and are repeated every month. It may also hurt the chest during menstruation.
Tingling symptoms in the chest is not associated with any of the above conditions? Most likely, we are talking about any pathology or disease that may not always be associated with the mammary glands themselves.
Tingling in the left breast
Most often, the feeling of "needles" in the left breast is an alarming symptom that should be paid attention to. The most common causes of discomfort are as follows:
- Heart diseases. In many cases, there are dangerous conditions that can threaten the patient’s life. Here, first of all, we are talking about such heart conditions as angina, myocardial infarction, ischemia, etc.
- Intercostal neuralgia. Not dangerous to the health and life of a woman a condition that in most cases gives a lot of discomfort. It occurs due to pinching of nerve endings.
If there are doubts about the reasons for the appearance of unpleasant symptoms in the chest, then experts recommend to play it safe and get tested, make an appointment to see a doctor to determine the cause of the problem and treat it.
Pricking in the mammary glands during lactation
Lactation is a normal physiological process that can proceed painlessly or be associated with a number of disorders and pathologies. Most women experience mild discomfort and tingling in the chest while breastfeeding.
Minor discomfort is not a deviation from the norm and occurs due to milk flow. If unpleasant tingling arose in parallel with the appearance of seals, and an unpleasant pain syndrome joined the unpleasant "needles" in the chest, then we can talk about some quite serious diseases:
- failures in the thyroid gland,
- cardiovascular diseases
- breast cysts,
The lactation period is a time when a woman should pay special attention to her health. That is why the appearance of "alarm bells" should contact your gynecologist.
The nature of the pain, the collection of a general history and the examination of the patient's complaints will allow the therapist, gynecologist or breast specialist to orient and prescribe a comprehensive examination, which may include:
- The usual visual inspection and palpation of the mammary glands (a woman strips to the waist. The doctor examines and probes the mammary glands, determines the presence of asymmetry, redness, swelling, axillary, cervical, supraclavicular and subclavian lymph nodes, etc.).
- Ultrasound of the thyroid gland (with suspected endocrine disorders).
- Breast ultrasound (in the presence of seals, cysts, etc.).
- Clinical tests (complete blood count, blood sugar test, etc.).
- Mammography (performed using a special mammography).
- ECG (to eliminate problems in the cardiovascular system).
- Radiography of the cervico-thoracic spine.
After a comprehensive diagnosis and obtaining the results of all the necessary research, the doctor prescribes treatment (depending on the root causes of pain, tingling and other unpleasant sensations in the mammary glands).
There may be two types: conservative and surgical.
Conservative. If during the examination it was established that the tingling in the chest is in no way connected with disorders and pathologies in the mammary glands, then symptomatic therapy is prescribed. For example, treatment with hormonal drugs to normalize the process of production of sex hormones.
As an alternative to hormone therapy, other types of treatment are often used:
- taking vitamin preparations and complexes containing vitamins A, E, C, group B,
- treatment with food additives
- a diet that excludes the intake of some harmful products: carbonated drinks, sweets, fatty, smoked, etc.
- the use of enzymes (drugs that normalize metabolic processes),
- taking sedatives and anti-stress remedies.
Surgical. When detecting tumor-like formations in the breast, the removal of individual areas of the breast during surgery can be shown. After removal of the tumor, the woman is recommended to take immunostimulating agents, painkillers, anticancer drugs.
The best prevention of any problems with the mammary glands is a healthy lifestyle and the systematic strengthening of the protective functions of the body.
In order to avoid problems with the breast, the following recommendations should be followed:
- Minimize stress, excessive mental stress, excessive excitement. If it is impossible to cope with emotions, take sedatives.
- Maintain regular sex life with one partner.
- Use contraception to prevent unwanted pregnancy, to prevent abortion.
- Do not give up breastfeeding.
- Avoid wearing tight squeezing underwear.
- Regularly conduct self-examination of the mammary glands. If you have any doubts or pain, consult a doctor.
From the foregoing, it can be concluded that tingling in the chest is a fairly common phenomenon that can disturb both very young girls and more mature women in different life periods.
Colitis in the left sternum in women - causes
The reasons may be many. Many are afraid of this pain and not without thoroughly, since it can be a symptom of serious diseases and pathologies associated with various internal organs and not only.
In women and in men, the pains are of the same nature and the causes are also the same, since the location of the internal organs is the same.
Causes may be heart disease, lung, stomach, liver, nerve entrapment, diseases of the spine, injuries and so on.
The cause of pain in the chest can be a hormonal failure, which occurs in women constantly.
Before menstrual bleeding, for about a week and a half or two weeks, the mammary glands begin to swell and ache. The levels of the hormone estrogen and progesterone change.
There may be irritability, drowsiness, changes in taste preferences, mood changes.
Pains of this nature are considered normal, especially in adolescents and in women before the onset of menopause.
They prevail both in the left and in the right breast at the same time.
Often the cause of the pain on the left side of the sternum are diseases of the cardiovascular system:
Ischemia and heart attack. These diseases are defined for the coronary group of cardiovascular diseases. There is a malfunction of the coronary arteries, oxygen is not supplied in full, the walls of the vessels are blocked by cholesterol.
It is observed in people with:
- excess weight,
- congenital heart disease pathologies,
- arterial hypertension.
The pain occurs not only in the chest, but also given to the shoulder, arm. The hand may go numb.
- shortness of breath
- discomfort in the abdomen.
Pericarditis. Acute chest pain causes inflammation in the pericardium, especially felt with a sigh. There is suffocation, lack of air, temperature changes, fainting.
Angina pectoris Another name is the angina pectoris. Excessive physical exertion provokes pain, caused by a lack of oxygen in the heart. There is a feeling of compression of the chest, while the rhythm of the heartbeat is normal. The attack takes place in a state of complete rest.
Myocarditis. Cardiac muscle is affected, shortness of breath occurs, pulling and aching pain. Accompanying joint pain, fever. Causes feelings of heart failure.
Aortic aneurysm. This anomaly causes, in certain areas, the expansion of the walls of blood vessels, resulting in thinning of the aorta. Strong emotional states, small injuries can lead to aortic rupture. The pains are aching, throbbing, boring and intolerable. The disease is very serious, leading to death.
It also causes:
- shortness of breath, cough,
- pain when swallowing.
Myocardial infarction. Severe pain that does not go away even from taking validol, glycerin, lasts about half an hour. A heart attack is advanced angina develops into a myocardial infarction.
The pain does not always have a sharp nature, it can penetrate achingly, some people carry it on their feet.
Pathologies and spinal injuries are a fairly common cause of pain in the sternum. Because of the destruction and displacement of the cartilage of the spine. The reasons for this may be excessive loads, overweight, injury.
Osteochondrosis and intervertebral hernia. With this disease, the vertebral discs are destroyed. Nerve roots are compressed, blood circulation is disturbed. Over time, pain in the chest and left hypochondrium, with a sigh, movement.
New growths are of two types: benign and malignant:
For example cyst - forming in the breast of a woman can cause pain. This is a benign, capsule-shaped, fluid-filled form. It is formed due to elevated levels of progesterone hormone and estrogen.
Contributes to their formation, as well as injuries, harsh treatment of the breast:
Joint problems - direct path to disability
- Other benign education - fibroadenoma. It closes the milk ducts, has clearly defined smooth edges. If not treated it turns into sarcoma.
- Cystoadenopapilloma - papilloma forming in the chest, constantly expands, causing piercing pain. The new growth is considered benign.
- Cancer tumors - malignant seals. Initially, it goes unnoticed, later there are pains radiating in between the scapular region.
Diseases of the esophagus
Diseases of the esophagus and gastrointestinal tract, causing pain in the sternum, similar in their characteristics with heart disease.
You can add to their list:
- oncology of the esophagus and gastrointestinal organs,
- gastritis and ulcers,
- spasms of the bile ducts,
Every nursing woman can face this disease. Since mastitis is nothing like stagnation in the mammary glands.
The chest swells, becomes stiff and painful, the temperature rises, tingling is felt. Occurs in case of improper feeding, or rare. Drug treatment. AT case of neglect leads to pus, then surgery is indispensable.
Symptoms and nature of pain
For this symptom, it is very difficult to determine what caused the pain, what actually is its cause. This requires a more thorough examination.
The nature of the pain doctors are divided into the following types:
- Sharp, sharp, aggravated during movement and clearly pointing to a certain place are called somatic, perineal.
- Superficial - at a congestion, or pinching of nerves.
- Dull, aching, throbbing, causing spasms, with recoil to the left side - visceral.
- Reflected - shooting, aching, indicate the presence of pneumonia, osteochondrosis.
Independently determine the cause of the pain will not work. It is necessary to go to the reception to the therapist.
The therapist will examine, ask him questions about the nature, type, under what circumstances arise and the duration of pain.
Then she will direct to a specialist of a narrower profile:
In turn, these experts will appoint the passage of the necessary tests and research:
- electrocardiography (ECG), echocardiography,
- general blood tests, additional blood tests,
- magnetic resonance imaging (MRI),
- ultrasound (ultrasound),
- vascular examination
- pressure measurement.
If necessary, some additional tests will be indicated.
Treatment of pain in the left breast in women
Based on the results of the study will be assigned a course of treatment. Most likely, you will have to periodically go through checks after treatment, you will be registered for the identified disease. It will be necessary to follow the recommendations and advice of the doctor.
The course of therapy depends on the disease and its causes:
- In case of inflammations, they treat a nidus of pain with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, antibiotics and other drugs.
- For problems with the gastrointestinal tract, after treatment with medical drugs, and sometimes surgery, special diets are prescribed.
- Cysts are treated by a conservative method, sometimes surgically. Tumors are only by removal. Mastopathy is treated with antibiotic and hormonal drugs.
- If diseases of the cardiovascular system, then prescribe cardiotonic drugs - stimulating the strengthening of the muscle walls in the heart.
- Vasodilator - pressure reduction, anti-sclerotic -
halesterolids, blood-dissolving, diuretic, sedative.
- In intercostal neuralgia, pain medications are prescribed first. Further nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, physiotherapy.
Therapeutic gymnast is effective in case of pain associated with diseases of the spine and intercostal neuralgia. Well, for the general strengthening of the body, improving blood circulation, gymnastics is only good.
According to the doctor's prescription, a complex of special exercises designed to strengthen the muscles of the spine and chest is calculated.
Eating right is also necessary! Compliance with diets will save from the appearance of chest pains.
It is recommended especially to follow diets for diseases of the cardiovascular system and the gastrointestinal tract.
The diet will eliminate irritating factors for the stomach, prevent the formation of plaques and thrombosis in the vessels.
The main methods of prevention are:
- Stick to a diet. Exclude snacks, dry bread, soda, fried, fat.
- Get rid of bad habits - alcohol, smoking.
- Promptly treat previous diseases.
- Avoid injury and stress.
The second youth of my joints!
I cried, it was painful for me, even walking was hard. So far in 2017, I did not get into the group of patients who took part in the clinical trials of a new special preparation from the Russian Academy of Sciences.